What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast and the Bears - Important Fact

Brycey

Juniors
A supporter of Easts, the "new Manly", whining about juniors? What the hell do you know about juniors? :lol:

CC Bears encompasses the central coast and north shore. This, no doubt, concerns the desperate Manly scum who are financial basketcases - but that's how it's going to be.

Hilarious that Manly are trying AGAIN to leech off the Bears to survive. But, once is enough. We've learnt the hard way.
lol the new Manly, you're about 4 years too late on that one.

Rather than sidestepping the argument with me being a Roosters supporter - I never realised that the Gosford City Council came driving down to Hornsby with garbage trucks:lol:

All I am saying is that you cannot have it both ways, if you want to pack up and leave North Sydney you cant take the juniors with you - besides the Bears are encompassing that on a probablity; Manly are an existing NRL team and they along with Parramatta should be given the junior boundaries based on the fact that they're the surrounding areas in Sydney and the juniors need a clear path to enter the NRL.

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
lol the new Manly, you're about 4 years too late on that one.

Rather than sidestepping the argument with me being a Roosters supporter - I never realised that the Gosford City Council came driving down to Hornsby with garbage trucks:lol:

All I am saying is that you cannot have it both ways, if you want to pack up and leave North Sydney you cant take the juniors with you - besides the Bears are encompassing that on a probablity; Manly are an existing NRL team and they along with Parramatta should be given the junior boundaries based on the fact that they're the surrounding areas in Sydney and the juniors need a clear path to enter the NRL.

Actually, the Bears are 10 years ahead of you on this one. But, this time, we won't be letting Manly leech off our assets in a desperate bif to survive.

The CC Bears is a Central Coast local team with all infrstratcture. operations etc to be based out of Gosford. The CC Bears will recognise its origins from the north shore and the North Sydney club will maintain its junior base as a feeder for the CC Bears i.e. a clear path to enter the NRL.

The reason Manly and other clubs with questionable finances have always been concerned is that the potential of the CC Bears is massive - great for the game.

Manly have a history of getting legups to survive - Arko running the ARL; Kerry Packer's funding in the 70's and 80's; the Northern Eagles fraud on the Bears. But, Manly should start targetting other clubs to rob - the Bears are on the way back.

Brycey

Juniors
You forgot one thing - you're NOT in the NRL, you're not even guaranteed a place in the NRL, the idea of an expanded competition has not even been 100% confirmed by the NRL.

There are no CC Bears - right now and for the future, unless something changes then juniors should be given to Manly.

Why the hell should the north shore juniors have to wait on a maybe, the Bears shouldnt have a say in this at all.

mightybears

Bench
This is why Sydney will never reach its full potential...10 years on and a dead club is still able to have a say in junior boundaries.

As much as I hate Manly they have the right to claim those junior boundaries to provide juniors with a clear passage from junior football into the first grade competition.

And how selfish of the CENTRAL COAST Bears to come out and say they still want to claim North Sydney juniors - if you move out of the area you cannot simply say 'well we'll keep our juniors too even though we have all but abandoned the region' - you can't have your cake and eat it too.

dead club, from an easts supporter!
you must be kidding, we don't have an NRL at the moment and we still have more damn juniors than easts, an we have leagues clubs [norths and asquith] that actually fund juniors and don't farm out responsibilities to others, which junior rep sides do you not have as 'roosters' anymore?

its been our turf since year dot, and MW are the last bastards on planet dust that will ever grab one shread of our turf, 1947 was it. They have no more rights to 'our' juniors than any other NRL team.

end of story

mightybears

Bench
Why the hell should the north shore juniors have to wait on a maybe, the Bears shouldnt have a say in this at all.

They don't wait for us to get back, they get bought by other NRL clubs like your mob, who the hell did Mitchell Pearce use to play for?

NSDRFLC Junior reps, Asquith and North Sydney Marist is your answer

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
Remember seeing a giant bear above the C Coast Leagues Club

Am i Right in saying that blue tongue stadium was due to be ready by the start of the 1999 season and that constant rain delayed it till 2000?

Just thinking now had the bears started in 99 they may of avoided insolvancy with consistant bumper crowds and would still exist today.

Crippler,

After the "JV" was formed, North Sydney Leagues put $12 million into the Bears - it effectively kept Manly alive. The Bears were never broke - they were sold out.

The stadium? too much rain? Wrong paint? Just rubbish. The Bears were targetted.

BUT - the CC Bears campaign is gathering momentum.

Idiots like this Everloathing Antique talking the Bears down - ignorance at its worst, but to be expected from morons who don't know what's good for the game.

eaglefan64

Juniors
Crippler,

After the "JV" was formed, North Sydney Leagues put $12 million into the Bears - it effectively kept Manly alive. The Bears were never broke - they were sold out.

The stadium? too much rain? Wrong paint? Just rubbish. The Bears were targetted.

BUT - the CC Bears campaign is gathering momentum.

Idiots like this Everloathing Antique talking the Bears down - ignorance at its worst, but to be expected from morons who don't know what's good for the game.

so much dribble and spit from one person.......you could almost solve Australia's drought crisis.

I remember when the bears were kicked out of the comp for being geniused after 90 years of serving utter rubbish to the rugby league public.

There were thousands of people marching the streets to protest , no wait there were hundreds of people marching in the streets, woops I think I am wrong because there must have been at least 10 people on the street marching against the bears being kicked out of the comp. Oh no it was no one as nobody f**ken cared except Rockin genius Ronny, but unfortunately he couldn't get out to the protest march all on his own because the mental hospital had shut the gates so the inmates couldn't get out. :lol:

Perth Red

Post Whore
What's the news from the Central Coast, everything seems to be coming from North Sydney. How are the CC media responding to developments?