What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears, 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Most of the money required for the bid has been generated by memberships and merchandise, but with the delay to the IC membershisp are obviously slowing down and more of a reliance in the short term will be on sponsors. All going in are fully aware of the risks - non-refundable investment - but luckily going forward the major sponsors we will have onboard are 100% Bear and Central Coast driven. In a couple of weeks a sponsor announcement will be made and all will become clear. Sorry I can't say more.

Isn't the $5k membership refundable?

clarency

Juniors
Wait... Hang on... I legit asked this question months ago asking if the $30 memberships were refundable, and if the bid was able to refund thousands of them.

I got the response that all members have put their "balls on the line for the bid" and only the foundation members can be refunded.

Or have I confused the groups here...

BDGS

Bench
Wait... Hang on... I legit asked this question months ago asking if the $30 memberships were refundable, and if the bid was able to refund thousands of them.

I got the response that all members have put their "balls on the line for the bid" and only the foundation members can be refunded.

Or have I confused the groups here...

No memberships are refundable.

The Question was specific to the foundation members. (5k memberships)

clarency

Juniors
Well may I be the first to say that is a completely dog move.

I clearly remember hearing several times that memberships (whichever type) were refundable. I wonder how many people were swayed to purchase one based on that piece of information?

Not good.

_MayMoo 2

Juniors
Well may I be the first to say that is a completely dog move.

I clearly remember hearing several times that memberships (whichever type) were refundable. I wonder how many people were swayed to purchase one based on that piece of information?

Not good.

Check your facts before you accuse the CC Bears of a dog move -
If you clearly remember then you will remember where you heard it. ???

This have never been the case with any of the memberships from, 30.00 to 100.00 to 5,000.00

clarency

Juniors
Cited on the original articles and also repeated several times throughout these forums and directly clarified to me personally by one of the Bears forumites when I asked about it.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Fair enough and good on them for putting their money where their hearts are. As mentioned I thought I had heard about the refund as well, hence the original question.

To correct the statements, they were originally refundable but have recently been changed. I believe the CCBears team informed the foundation members of this.

So no I'm not incorrect and neither is anyone else, the stipulations have however changed since I
made those comments.

All on the same page now I hope.

There are Central Coast Bears membership drives on today @

SATURDAY 9th JULY
EVENT: Erina Fair
EVENT: Top Ryde Shopping Centre
TIME: 9am - 3pm

The next Central Coast Bears membership drives are on @

SATURDAY 16th JULY
EVENT: North Sydney Bears vs. Windsor Wolves
TIME & VENUE: From 3pm at North Sydney Oval

SUNDAY 24th JULY
EVENT: Westfield Tuggerah Membership Drive
TIME: 10am - 3pm

EVENT: Westfield Hornsby Membership Drive
TIME: 10am - 3pm

Last edited:
any detail on the ownership model yet?

Yes but our new major sponsors will be announced before it. With in the next week or so.

It has been abit quiet on our front lately but rest assured that big moves are being made behind the scenes. I've been working long hours so my dedication to the bid has somewhat fizzled abit but once things are announced, it'll be full steam ahead again.

azsportza

Live Update Team
John Singleton has agreed to a $2 million deal to help ensure the Central Coast Bears are the next franchise to obtain an NRL licence.

The multimillionaire advertising guru has long been an advocate of a rugby league team in the Gosford region but vowed to walk away after the Bears were overlooked in favour of the Gold Coast when the competition last expanded.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ck-up-bears-20110716-1hj3l.html#ixzz1SHJrnpEE

Teddyboy

First Grade
Merge the time wasting Souths and Roosters into a SFS powerhouse and let CC take up the spare space.

Jankuloski

Juniors
Looking at the map Souths and Sharks merger fits in..

but yours is a very interesting idea, as the two clubs are remarkably simillar to me.. but again.. their fans hate each other, from what I can gather here... Merge them and play a trial before the season with two clubs lol..

I don't give a sh.. As far as mergers go, I guess it's about the fans of the clubs.. will they agree in the end of ends.. How did wests do it? STGI? I know nothing of rivalry of Tigers and Magpies..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts