What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears, 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brutus

Referee
I have a theory, and its just a theory no proof, that the NRL saw the Bears and Reds expansion efforts and thought well we have an opportunity to expand by two teams. As these two built the momentum and the media started to big up expansion other bidders came out of the woodwork and suddenly the NRL was faced with a choice/dilemma. It may prefer a WA and Q'land team but early on only had the option of a WA and CC team. Now that there are other possibilities it is extending the expansion timeline to see if they can get their acts together enough to oust the Bears bid. If non of the Q'land bids are credible then I have no doubt they will say CC and WA, if a Q'land bid can get credibility then I fear for the CC bid.

Gallop spoke about his desire for a western corridor team in QLD long before any bids came out the area.

Sgt. Kabukiman

Juniors
f**k youre a moron.

For starters you completely understate the value the tv rights brings to the table. It's a professional sport that has to compete with other professional sports, and money matters deal with it dumb ass.

Secondly your analogy is stupid. Simply putting a team in an area doesn't mean it will rate. If you are talking about a new area such as Perth, you are talking about an area that has some league supporters, and potential for that to grow considerably more than you would achieve by adding the CC. This wouldn't apply the same way to every single location, f**k you're dense.

Way to miss the point you stump-licker :lol: I can just imagine you sat at your computer, shadow-boxing between sentences as you typed that one up.

Tell me, what's the point of having a few extra dollars if it means the NRL has to screw over their existing fan base to do it?

Tell me, is there any chance of the Reds regularly making FTA at a decent time and, if so, what would their ratings be? Now, what value would that add to your all-important rights?

Tell me, how many people in Brisbane don't follow rugby league at the moment, but would start if a new team started playing out of the same ground as an existing one? How many Brisbane II fans would attend games against Sydney teams? How many would attend Bears games against Sydney teams?

And all without the swearing, please, I'm sensitive :cool:

If expansion is going to be based on a dick-measuring contest with the AFL, as chaps like you suggest, then it's incredibly sad and short-sighted.

Last edited:

Knightmare

Coach
Way to miss the point you stump-licker :lol: I can just imagine you sat at your computer, shadow-boxing between sentences as you typed that one up.

Tell me, what's the point of having a few extra dollars if it means the NRL has to screw over their existing fan base to do it?

Tell me, is there any chance of the Reds regularly making FTA at a decent time and, if so, what would their ratings be? Now, what value would that add to your all-important rights?

Tell me, how many people in Brisbane don't follow rugby league at the moment, but would start if a new team started playing out of the same ground as an existing one? How many Brisbane II fans would attend games against Sydney teams? How many would attend Bears games against Sydney teams?

If expansion is going to be based on a dick-measuring contest with the AFL, as chaps like you suggest, then it's incredibly sad and short-sighted.

:lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFzGeOgAg_A
Left-wing name calling. Speaks for itself huh?

Perth Red

Post Whore

Expansion has to be considering how we overtake AFL as the number one code nationally. There is a reason they have been pumping tens of millions into NSW and Q'land and have just doubled that investment, and it is no coincidence that it has gotten them two massive TV deals in the process. Without at least one team in every major capital city the NRL is never going to get the $'s AFL gets and consequentially will lose ground year on year with jnr's, sponsors and everything that goes with it.

Will it survive? Yes of course it will, will it end up where RU has found itself? Quite possibly unless it comes up with a brave strategy to get this great game national at all levels and reap the rewards of that.

Instead of trying to fight the AFL, the NRL should just worry about themselves and make the game stronger where ever possible without breaking the piggy bank. WA is the only bid where I'd give a slight cap concession and stronger marketing on top of their own initiatives. Places like CC, CQld, Ipswich and Brisbane should be able to stand on their own 2 feet without outside assistance. The NRL should concentrate on their own strengths, so in the future we don't have to go back and shore up pre existing clubs/teams/regions and therefore can spend time, resources and money on places like Perth, Adelaide and potentially NZ2.

flamin

Juniors
Instead of trying to fight the AFL, the NRL should just worry about themselves and make the game stronger where ever possible without breaking the piggy bank. WA is the only bid where I'd give a slight cap concession and stronger marketing on top of their own initiatives. Places like CC, CQld, Ipswich and Brisbane should be able to stand on their own 2 feet without outside assistance. The NRL should concentrate on their own strengths, so in the future we don't have to go back and shore up pre existing clubs/teams/regions and therefore can spend time, resources and money on places like Perth, Adelaide and potentially NZ2.
NZ2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Adelaide

NZ2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Adelaide

I wasn't really comparing them. I do think NZ2 will be important and perhaps more so than Adelaide. But in this instance what I meant regarding utilising resources etc, both should be invested in by the NRL in the next 10-20 years.

lockyrulz

Juniors
I didn't miss anything. I pointed out your stupidity. Wasn't exactly hard.

It wouldn't be screwing over the existing fan base, no one gives a toss about the Bears, apart from old school supporters and a couple of 6 fingered hicks like you and knightmare. The game wont miss a beat if they miss out.

Eventually you bet. And it would add a damn site more in the long run than the bears. Everyone who knows anything about the game, including Gallop, has already acknowledged this.
It is primarily about having an extra Queensland team playing each week dumb arse. Besides how many CC people don't already follow an existing team?

Tell it to your boyfriend. He has to pretend to care so you'll keep polishing his knob.
Expansion should be based on the best interests of the game. So you can forget the bad luck homo bears getting in.

Beowulf

Juniors
no one gives a toss about the Bears, apart from old school supporters and a couple of 6 fingered hicks like you and knightmare. The game wont miss a beat if they miss out.

So you can forget the bad luck homo bears getting in.

So how come the Bears bid is so supported by the wider RL community? How come they have nearly 7,000 financial members and 25,600 Facebook fans? Talk about people in glass houses!

Look to any poll on expansion. I see Brisbane (all of them combined!) got almost no support on the NRL poll on expansion, which means even QLD RL fans are opposed to entry from the SEQ region. So we all know which bids no one gives a toss about....

Only three are doing the hard yards - Bears, WA and Central Queensland....and that is reflected in the polls as the community respects those that put in the work.

Sgt. Kabukiman

Juniors
I didn't miss anything. I pointed out your stupidity. Wasn't exactly hard.

We could run around in circles like this till then end of time but the fact is that you have the word 'rulz' in your name, therefore my pet rock has a higher IQ than you.

It wouldn't be screwing over the existing fan base, no one gives a toss about the Bears, apart from old school supporters and a couple of 6 fingered hicks like you and knightmare. The game wont miss a beat if they miss out.
As has already been said, the 7000+ financial memberships, massive sponsorship and huge merchandise sales say otherwise. How many members do Brisbane II have? You and your imaginary girlfriend?

It is primarily about having an extra Queensland team playing each week dumb arse. Besides how many CC people don't already follow an existing team?
We already have three Queensland teams playing each week - do you even know what teams are in the NRL? And are you actually suggesting that Queenslanders will only watch Queensland-based teams? How stupid are you claiming they are? Sure, you're a Queenslander and you're stupid, but you're hardly representative.

Tell it to your boyfriend. He has to pretend to care so you'll keep polishing his knob.
Expansion should be based on the best interests of the game. So you can forget the bad luck homo bears getting in.
Awesome, gay jokes. Bet you'll be bragging to your mates... mate... at school tomorrow that you called a random bloke on the internet a homo. Whatever witty slur will your rapier wit come up with next? Surely you can copy something off tonight's episode of Angry Boys?

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Wow, lockyrulz' inability to hold an argument without carrying on like a complete porkchop is almost at zero :lol:

How pathetic.

Knightmare

Coach
We could run around in circles like this till then end of time but the fact is that you have the word 'rulz' in your name, therefore my pet rock has a higher IQ than you.

As has already been said, the 7000+ financial memberships, massive sponsorship and huge merchandise sales say otherwise. How many members do Brisbane II have? You and your imaginary girlfriend?

We already have three Queensland teams playing each week - do you even know what teams are in the NRL? And are you actually suggesting that Queenslanders will only watch Queensland-based teams? How stupid are you claiming they are? Sure, you're a Queenslander and you're stupid, but you're hardly representative.

Awesome, gay jokes. Bet you'll be bragging to your mates... mate... at school tomorrow that you called a random bloke on the internet a homo. Whatever witty slur will your rapier wit come up with next? Surely you can copy something off tonight's episode of Angry Boys?

NATHAN!..............You're a twig!

*I'm so cool, I'm off to do mainies in the Pulse! Maybe Chloe will date me when I tell her I called some internet random a twig?*

bobmar28

Bench
So how come the Bears bid is so supported by the wider RL community? How come they have nearly 7,000 financial members and 25,600 Facebook fans? Talk about people in glass houses!

Look to any poll on expansion. I see Brisbane (all of them combined!) got almost no support on the NRL poll on expansion, which means even QLD RL fans are opposed to entry from the SEQ region. So we all know which bids no one gives a toss about....

Only three are doing the hard yards - Bears, WA and Central Queensland....and that is reflected in the polls as the community respects those that put in the work.

I didn't vote as there was no option for voting for Ipswich.

If the only option was to add an 11th team to NSW I would vote for no expansion.

Last edited:

_MayMoo 2

Juniors
Big News coming for the Bears bid very soon I hear.

The argument that this bid doesn't have legs cause it is in NSW is mind numbing.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
So bobmar, if the option was to bring in two weak teams that got flogged every week with not a lot of corporate support, as opposed to a strong, already well-followed team like the Bears, you'd vote for the weak teams?

dgsfan

Juniors
Who says any team will be weak? You are basing that on pure bullshit. A Bears team could get flogged every week.

Fairleigh staying put
30 Jun 11 @ 08:43am by LAUREN NICHOLLS

CENTRAL Coast Bears coach David Fairleigh has confirmed media reports he is in talks with NRL clubs but denies he is abandoning ship.

“Given recent indications from the NRL regarding expansion, I am currently looking at a couple of opportunities,” he said.

“One thing I know is I need to be coaching.”

NRL chief executive David Gallop said last week that a new team might not be included in the NRL until 2015, meaning it could be another four years before Fairleigh would be coaching the Bears.

Speculation followed that Fairleigh was moving to the Panthers as assistant to new coach Ivan Cleary. Fairleigh said he would sit down with Bears chief executive Greg Florimo to discuss his future, but maintained his commitment to the Bears bid.

“It is my 100 per cent focus and occupies every day for me,” he said. “If Gallop rings up and says the Bears are in for 2013 then I’m there. I have every intention to coach the Central Coast inaugural team when it happens.

“No matter what decisions I make in the next 12 months I’ll still be coaching the Bears,” he said.

http://express-advocate-wyong.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/fairleigh-staying-put/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts