What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Rabbitohs

QldRabbit

Juniors
Clevo said:
Rooster Cogburn. said:
QldRabbit said:
Souths can't compete with the Roosters

I'm assuming your basing your comments on the NRL table and crowd attendance, as Souths have it all over the Rooster's in other area's corporate sponsorship, juniors etc. Once the mighty rooters slid down the table were will your fans be then? History shows fans can be quite fickle when there team no longer performs. As for the bunnies, once we taste a little success the pressure will be on the rooters!

Rubbish. If that's the case then why are Souths broke. I'll let you in on a little secret. It's not 1971 anymore, Souths are not a leading club, in fact they are the bottom of the pile. The Roosters have it all over Souths in every sense. The only thing that you outdo us in is wooden spoons won.

And the number of premierships won... and Souths have some soul...whereas Roosters have none. Sure, these things don;t win us games but seeing as this thread is started by a rooster supporter the undeniable hint that Souths are a threat is noted.

Richo has a huge challenge on his hands and any thought of re-location has been well of the agenda by both the CEO and the Chairman of the Football Club. In fact there are more reasons for Roosters to move to CC than the Rabbitohs. Considering we've always had "Sydney" as part of our name that's where our identity is etched.

Perhaps the next time the Roosters re-invent themselves for marketing reasons they can pack up and move. I know who the league fans would prefer at the CC.... a winning team. AKA The Roosters.

By merit of SS's position on the table and the massive backing we get from the high end of town, by law of averages, the Bunnies are by far the most marketable team in the comp.

SS loss last year was one of the lowest amongst those who traded at a loss. Pretty darn good for a team that looks like winning the wooden spoon for the second year in a row. Sure, we are finding it tough and we'll turn the corner and those 10,000 rooster fairweather supports will be switching allegences soon enough.... probably starting from next year.

Cheers Cogburn for proving yet again that the Roosters will forever be under the Souths shadow.... I'll give you till the next century to catch up on premierships but I like to see the roosters wear the bridesmaid outfit yet again, if indeed they make it this year.

:clap: Cockburn has no idea! We know what happens when your in someones shadow you wilt. Rooters are becoming the most hated team in the country look at the Head Cock(Cock meaning Rooster)

sretsoor

Juniors
I hate to say it the SS fans but the NRL or should I say News Ltd still dont want SS in the comp (for reasons unknown to me). Since they won their case on appeal they have been waiting patiently for SS to get it's act together. Unforenately it hasnt until recently.

I would be more concerned that the NRL said no to expansion but suddenly came out with a cash offer to relocate, no doubt with it's eye on SS. There's an insde rumor your new CEO is quite open should it be the only option to relocate.

As for sponsorships, Western Union was the biggest paying sponsor in rugby league history for the Roosters in 2002. That has now been beaten by Samsung and Western Union has moved to sleave.