What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Challenge Cup 2007 *Quarterfinals*

bartman

Immortal
I've noticed a lot of people tend to take the weekend off when it's CC... if they usually go to home and/or away matches and their game is on BBC then the crowds are down compared to usual. Could be to do with modern life and precious spare time, or precious spare money to travel away?

How many years ago was it when crowds for cup ties were last a decent turn out?

jed

First Grade
bartman said:
Interestingly he was interviews post-match and has a clause in his Union contract to come back and play the Challenge Cup FInal if Bradford make it to Wembley...
Yeah, that came out a few weeks ago. Very odd, but as a Bulls fan I'm not complaining.

Still, if I was a current player for the Bulls who was dropped to allow another player to come in for just 1 game, I'd be a little miffed.

deluded pom?

Coach
jed said:
Yeah, that came out a few weeks ago. Very odd, but as a Bulls fan I'm not complaining.

Still, if I was a current player for the Bulls who was dropped to allow another player to come in for just 1 game, I'd be a little miffed.

Understandable if he'd only come in for one game in the cup run but he's played in every round .

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
I was looking at the scores live on the BBC website and nearly re-booted my computer when I saw the score in the Bradford/Huddersfield game. That was surely Bradford best effort thus far.

In in all I'll be cheering for Catalan, but does anyone believe that if they make it to Wembley the gate will be affected?

deluded pom?

Coach
I think the draw of the new Wembley would outweigh the appearance of Les Catalans in the CC final. I could still see a full house.

ash the bash

Juniors
All the Wigan fans on rlfans are hoping its against the Stains, which i think would be
great the new Wembley opening to two big rivals, Catalans or not will be a sell out either way alot of neutrals have already bought tickets. Only 20,000 Ticks are reserved for teams making the CC Final....

jed

First Grade
deluded pom? said:
Understandable if he'd only come in for one game in the cup run but he's played in every round .
If that one round was the week after he'd joined his new side, I could sort of understand it, but he won't have played any of the SL games in the lead-up. It's akin to Fielden returning to play for the Bulls in last year's SL final (assuming we'd made it that far).

I know the Bulls are trying to re-pay Les's loyalty over the years by giving him one last hurrah, but I'm not a fan of allowing players to take the field for one-offs, I believe if you want to play you should remain with your team, and if you want to take off and play for another club in another sport, you should forfeit the spoils of victory in your old side.

However, being that this is in my own backyard, I'll turn a blind eye this time ;-)

deluded pom?

Coach
jed said:
If that one round was the week after he'd joined his new side, I could sort of understand it, but he won't have played any of the SL games in the lead-up. It's akin to Fielden returning to play for the Bulls in last year's SL final (assuming we'd made it that far).

I know the Bulls are trying to re-pay Les's loyalty over the years by giving him one last hurrah, but I'm not a fan of allowing players to take the field for one-offs, I believe if you want to play you should remain with your team, and if you want to take off and play for another club in another sport, you should forfeit the spoils of victory in your old side.

However, being that this is in my own backyard, I'll turn a blind eye this time ;-)

But then you could argue that If the Bulls get to Wembley then Toupou will get a medal having only played in a handful of games. Whereas Les has played the majority of games so far this season. I personally don't think Bradford should be allowed to replace a player who they have willingly released mid season. It's their choice to let him go either for rewarding loyalty or for financial reasons so they should run with the squad they have left.

jed

First Grade
Semi's draw: Bulls vs Saints at Galpharm and Wigan vs Catalans at Halliwell Jones

bartman

Immortal
:lol: The old cold ball theory alive and well.

Big Saints v Bulls semi. And Catalans with their best hope there of chalking up a win.

bartman

Immortal
Haven't heard anything about that WW... I'd imagine St George would want to hang onto as many experienced players as they can?

The ties, which will be shown live by the BBC, are as follows:

Saturday 28th July: Bradford Bulls v St. Helens,Galpharm Stadium, Huddersfield (k.o. 12.30pm)

Sunday 29th July: Wigan Warriors v Catalans Dragons,Halliwell Jones Stadium, Warrington (k.o. 3.15pm)
from therfl.co.uk

Latest posts