What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Champion Back To Souths ? and Suggestions for Halfback in 2012 ?

Rabbitohs6

Juniors
Personally id love to see Beau Champion partner his cousin Inglis in the centres. Does anyone else agree with me ? i rekon Souths officials are in the wrong for how they treated Champion, and i'd like to see him come back and be in a Red and Green jersey again. And also any suggestions who souths fans would like to see wear the 7 next year ? there is alot of halves off contract at the end of the year such as Maloney, Foran, Mortimer, Robson, Henry and Seymour just to name a few. and talks of Brett Finch and Tom Leuluai maybe coming over with Macguire. with Sandow "apparently" on the way out. theres alot of talk who will play halfback. I think Sutton needs a better half to be able to play his game. Sandow and Sutton are not much of organisers and thats what souths need. Players like Mitchell Pierce and Darren Lockyer and how they steer there team around the park. Souths need an organiser, and i think Adam Reynolds is bit to young. Anyone Agree ? :)

Robbie 12

Juniors
Personally id love to see Beau Champion partner his cousin Inglis in the centres. Does anyone else agree with me ? i rekon Souths officials are in the wrong for how they treated Champion, and i'd like to see him come back and be in a Red and Green jersey again. And also any suggestions who souths fans would like to see wear the 7 next year ? there is alot of halves off contract at the end of the year such as Maloney, Foran, Mortimer, Robson, Henry and Seymour just to name a few. and talks of Brett Finch and Tom Leuluai maybe coming over with Macguire. with Sandow "apparently" on the way out. theres alot of talk who will play halfback. I think Sutton needs a better half to be able to play his game. Sandow and Sutton are not much of organisers and thats what souths need. Players like Mitchell Pierce and Darren Lockyer and how they steer there team around the park. Souths need an organiser, and i think Adam Reynolds is bit to young. Anyone Agree ? :)

Well I would try to sign Maloney, at 5/8 but I dont think that he would come over from NZ and one thing I would sign Michael Monaghan, I have always rated this guy when he played for manly, cant go wrong, Monaghan is leading Warrington on the top of the ladder and he can steer the team around, very experenced, mortimer and pierce are very hot and cold, they are not playing well with their clubs

themacemaceman

Juniors
If foran is off contract I think he should go after him big time. He's playing 5/8 but I'm sure he has played half as well. I think widdop is off contract as well. Maybe sutton to back row and foran or widdop to 5/8

boo_boo

Juniors
All 5/8's look good with a dominant half back directing the forwards.
I think we need to get our half back sorted out first & then see what 5/8's are available.

hindyrabbit

Juniors
if we can't afford to keep sandow, how can we possibly chase anyone else???
if we don't retain sandow we should sack the entire administration who have failed to keep probably the best halfback we've had for a very long time

BunniesMan

Immortal
I'd take them. Maguire knows them well and if he can get them to come over I think they'd be assets.

boo_boo

Juniors
That seems to be the most logical halves pairing if Maguire is going to run the team his way.
But i wonder how many players we will see the back of to make way for these two ?

Jimmy Smooth

Juniors
GI at the 5/8th, Sutts to back row (could be so dangerous there) and get a boom center and Halfback. To answer the question properly, you would almost have to give Adam Reynolds that job (TC player last two years, injured for the rest of this one)

drsant

Juniors
Why do supporters (who want this club to win a premiership) keep suggesting Sutton should play in the back row? Most of our line breaks laterly have come straight up the middle of the field. Why then would you's even think of putting our laziest player in a position where he would be required to do more work?
I have hoped for years now that John could be the player that helps us win (i was a Souths junior myself) but time and time again he proves to me that he should not be playing first grade.

boo_boo

Juniors
If we keep him in 1st grade hoping that one day soon he plays to his potential we might be rewarded.
But if we release him & another club see's the best of him then we will be regretting letting go.
It's a hard decision to have to make especially when we are getting a new coach.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
This thread is pretty funny. All you guys need to do is buy another 4-5 players and you'll be right......oh and Maloney is not off contract.

Mattyoh

Juniors
I'd take either Craig Gower or Gareth Widdop. Sam Tomkins is an England international and I can't see us being able to afford him. He can get double what we could pay him in the Super League.

Agree with some of the comments about Sutton: Great runner of the ball and a handy ball player but he can't tackle and is very lazy in defense. It might be easier to hide him in the middle of the park in 13. More tackling yes, but maybe less likely to get caught out with his lazy movement off the ball.

Keeping Sandow would still be my preference but I dont think he is worth $800K over three. It's a shame Sutton takes up so much cap. Anyone know what we resigned him for?