What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Change of venues

what ever

Juniors
What about it Warrior fans? Should Mt Smart stadium be the only place the Warriors should play at in the future? The Aucklanders have shown lately that they are spoilt of having the game all the time in Auckland. The Christchurch game has shown how well the Warriors are recieved outside of Auckland. The Waikato stadium has proved itself in the past as well. Is it time for the Warriors management to allocate some home games outside of Auckland. Isn't the team called New Zealand Warriors for crying out loud. A game in Christchurch, Wellington, Waikato or Rotorua will do for a start. Interested in your comments

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
they probably should, but i like being only a 20 minute drive from the game, so no.

Drzoidberg

Juniors
Good idea my only worry is membership, would you split it 3 games per stadium?

Adds a lot more travel to our boys andthey already do alot. Also players and their families either alot more cost or alot less time spent with them.

Martli

Coach
I think encouraging Sydney clubs to bring more home games over is a better idea.

The way I see it is that Auckland gets roughly 13 games during the season whereas Sydney has countless games spread across its multiple stadiums. If the warriors take home games away then it's at the expense of the Auckland fans who only get limited football as it is. If a Sydney club brings a game over then that cost isn't so much.

That being said, I'd like to hear the opinion of a Roosters season ticket holder. Did they feel ripped-off with the Roosters taking a game to Christchurch?

shinobi

Juniors
I think encouraging Sydney clubs to bring more home games over is a better idea.

The way I see it is that Auckland gets roughly 13 games during the season whereas Sydney has countless games spread across its multiple stadiums. If the warriors take home games away then it's at the expense of the Auckland fans who only get limited football as it is. If a Sydney club brings a game over then that cost isn't so much.

That being said, I'd like to hear the opinion of a Roosters season ticket holder. Did they feel ripped-off with the Roosters taking a game to Christchurch?

I dont like that idea at all considering us Sydney Warriors fans only get to see them play 4 or 5 times a year. Roosters home game being an example. Souths game next week should be huge!

Meth

Staff member

That's it.

Our home games should be in Auckland for the sake of the stability of the team and the development of a supporters base. If the Australian teams want to bring their home games over here, that's fine with us here in Christchurch.

tkr

Juniors
Asa season ticket holder there is no way I can support the warriors playing home games away from Mt Smart and that includes Eden Park. If they ever go to Eden Park I will let my tickets lapse.