What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Kangaroo's selection after State of Origin. Your kangaroo's Team

blue bags

First Grade
What's your kangaroos team . favourite player's
Who should be selected ?
Current injured players don't count
Pick them. Like Moses halfback
Cleary make it ?
Any Maroons player's makes Kangaroos ?
😁

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
I'll pick from as if I was picking at the end of the season and assuming everyone is fit...

1. Walsh
2. Lomax
3. Latrell
4. Turbo
5. Cobbo
6. Munster
7. Cleary
8. Collins (see Samoan front row)
9. Grant
10. Barnett (see Samoan lock)
11. Martin
12. Cotter
13. Carrigan

14. Hunt
15. Yes
16. Murray
17. Ponga

Also, can't name international sides post Origin without a Samoan line-up 😉

1. RTS (possibility to choose Samoa)
2. Tuilagi
3. Chrighton
4. Talagi
5. To'o
6. Asi
7. Luai
8. May
9. CTH
10. Haas (wishful thinking)
11. Leniu
12. Su'a
13. Tino (wishful thinking)

14. Fa'alogo
15. Nanai
16. Hunt
17. Utuikamano

yobbo84

Coach
Assuming all fit:

1. Edwards
2. Coates
3. Mitchell
4. Tabuai-Fidow
5. Lomax
6. Munster
7. Cleary
8. Hass
9. Grant
10. Collins
11. Martin
12. Crichton
13. Murray

14. Hunt
15. Yeo
15. Carrigan
17. Cotter

aqua_duck

Coach
I'll pick from as if I was picking at the end of the season and assuming everyone is fit...

1. Walsh
2. Lomax
3. Latrell
4. Turbo
5. Cobbo
6. Munster
7. Cleary
8. Collins (see Samoan front row)
9. Grant
10. Barnett (see Samoan lock)
11. Martin
12. Cotter
13. Carrigan

14. Hunt
15. Yes
16. Murray
17. Ponga

Also, can't name international sides post Origin without a Samoan line-up 😉

1. RTS (possibility to choose Samoa)
2. Tuilagi
3. Chrighton
4. Talagi
5. To'o
6. Asi
7. Luai
8. May
9. CTH
10. Haas (wishful thinking)
11. Leniu
12. Su'a
13. Tino (wishful thinking)

14. Fa'alogo
15. Nanai
16. Hunt
17. Utuikamano
I can only assume you didn’t actually watch origin to leave out Edwards, Angus Crichton and Bradman Best.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
I can only assume you didn’t actually watch origin to leave out Edwards, Angus Crichton and Bradman Best.
Latrell & Turbo are our best centre pairing when fit and firing.

Walsh is better than Edwards at his best, as is Ponga, don't need three fullbacks plus fullback options in Latrell and Turbo all in the side.

Fair call on Chrighton, chalk that up to QLD bias

Someone2

Juniors
With Moses out for the year the spine should be

1. Turbo/ Walsh
6. Dearden/ Munster
7 Cherry Evans
9 Hunt

aqua_duck

Coach

Walsh is better than Edwards at his best, as is Ponga, don't need three fullbacks plus fullback options in Latrell and Turbo all in the side.

Turbo hasn’t been fit in like forever and Cobbo is well behind Coates and Holmes for me. Walsh has a better highlight reel but Edwards does all the little things right like positioning, defence and awareness. There’s no way you watched games 2 and 3 and came away with the conclusion that Walsh is better than Edwards

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Turbo hasn’t been fit in like forever and Cobbo is well behind Coates and Holmes for me. Walsh has a better highlight reel but Edwards does all the little things right like positioning, defence and awareness. There’s no way you watched games 2 and 3 and came away with the conclusion that Walsh is better than Edwards
Walsh is more dangerous than Edwards for sure and Edwards is less versatile than Ponga. And it is the latter reason he doesn't make the side. Walsh has missed quite a bit of footy this year and wasn't at his best in Origin, in a side that was on the back foot.

Walsh, Ponga , Turbo, Latrell, even Cobbo if needed... this side doesn't need a guy that can only play fullback.

Coates would be there for me but again that might have been more wishful thinking on my part that he would choose PNG. Probably not though.

Stinkfinger

Juniors

Walsh isn't better than Edwards. He can do things Edwards cannot, and vice versa, but Edwards has by far the more complete game.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Walsh isn't better than Edwards. He can do things Edwards cannot, and vice versa, but Edwards has by far the more complete game.
Again, Edwards isn't making the team due to his lack of versatility and the fact that there are already 3-4 fullback options in the side. He's not needed.

Edwards is a great metre eater, is extremely reliable and solid in defence.

Walsh has x factor, speed, ball playing ability and a decent kicking game. Ditto Ponga without the lightning top end speed