What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changes for Italy?

PB

Bench
Kalac should go for Schwartzer (although he does play for an Italian club)
Emerton is out - Who replaces him? Wilkshire ("Wilky")seems to be a fav of Guus.

Do we risk a guy who hasn't played much in the last 3 months, but is quick down the flank in Laz? His other foly is he is only any good (i use that term losely) in one position, and can't move to a central role if required.

Does Bresciano come back in and a juggle of the formation?

one thing ppl forget - spider is at milan but dont play, dida is first choice so spider dont play much, id have lazaridis for emerton and we need to play the same style we did against u r gay, from now on no mistakes can be made, the same mentality of u r gay 2nd leg is needed and same determination

Cammo

Bench
Only one change needed for the Italy game (besides Emerton which is a forced change)

Schwarzer to replace Kalac

ooh love the boondoct saints, yeh vidukas time im afraid has to end after the world cup, reputation and captain or not, 6goals aint enuff

Cammo

Bench
KrypnotiK said:
ooh love the boondoct saints, yeh vidukas time im afraid has to end after the world cup, reputation and captain or not, 6goals aint enuff

He still creates problems for the defence though and that can open opportunites for others to score. Playing well doesn't just mean you are scoring goals.

I thought he did well again tonight and had a couple of good chances saved. He also should have had a penalty early in the game.

Nuffs

Bench
viduka annoys me. he's such a good player but he doesn't seem to be able to do the last thing. i wouldn't drop him though as i see him being alot better when we've got 2 strikers

lazaridis wont come in for emerton. no chance

wilkshire maybe. probably.

i kno i cut alot of slack for viduka cos he dont get good enough service, but still,if viduka not scoring goals he sould be dropped back and someone else should be forward, our problem is a lack of goal consistantly and viduka is there to score them which hes not,i like the duke dont get me wrong,but i think somtin gotta giv way for the good of the team

and yeah that penalty was ridiculous i thought i forgot the switch the channel from the rugby 7s on fox

bender

Juniors
I think Schwarzer will switch with Kalac (would have before today) and Kennedy will swap with Emerton.

The games so far have shown that Australia needs to attack and they look far more dangerous when Viduka has one or two support players to feed off him. Kennedy will do the running and create some headaches early, while Aloisi will come on late when the defence is tired, which is a role he has done extremely well so far.

bender

Juniors
By the way, anyone who even considers dropping Vikuka is a fool. He draws so much attention from the opposition defence that he allows Kewell, Cahill and Aloisi that little bit of time and space they need to score. It would be great if Australia had a natural striker who could score from nothing and regularly but there is no one in the squad like that.

borat

Bench
Does anyone know who our potential quarter final opponents would be if we get over Italy?

Nuffs

Bench
assuming ukraine and spain win tonight. we'd have a chance to play ukraine

or we would play the winner of the switzerland and south korea match. unless they draw and france wins by 2. then we'd be against them

good chance either way.

mickdo

Coach
borat said:
Does anyone know who our potential quarter final opponents would be if we get over Italy?
It would be against the winner out the game between 1st place in group G (most likely Switzerland, South Korea or maybe France) and 2nd in group H (most likely Ukraine, Tunisia or Saudi)

borat

Bench
That looks pretty enticing. Italy is the big one of course. How good is this, last 16!!!!

Nuffs

Bench
as a few people have been saying, this is all a bonus now. i'm ecstatic that we've qualified

and what simon hill said when asked if we could beat italy - "why not?". it sends shivers down my spine

of course we can beat the italians - why not?

Macca

Coach
I am not sure if Popvic is going to be fit.

Throw Kennedy on from the start and reshuffle the midfield.

Obviously Schwartzer for Kalac.

Schwartzer

Moore Popovic Neill

Sterjovski Culina Cahill Kewell Chipperfield

Viduka Kennedy​

domdom

Juniors
viduka would be the first name guus pens on the team list. the guy is the captain for chrissakes! he may not score many, but he gives a defence alot of headaches.

with emmo out, guus will either change the formation, with another attacher up front, or get wilkshire back in (i thought he was crap against japan by the way).

Parraren

Bench
Unfortunately Popovic is gone for the tournament.

Emerton has basically been playing like a wide right midfielder so no need to bring in a defender for him.

I think Culina (very quick) will take Emertons spot with Bresciano (our best player imo) to come into the starting line up.

.................................Schwarzer

..................Neill.............Moore............Chipperfield

....................................Grella

Culina ...............Bresciano.........Cahill......................Kewell

....................................Viduka

Latest posts