What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 TV and Streaming Ratings Discussion

Canard

Immortal
So what happens in 25 years time when the stadium needs a rebuild ?

Cost will be over a billion to replace it

Maybe the contra from Telstra. Will pay for it
It costs about a billion to build a roofed stadium now, let alone 25 years.

You're supposed to have a degree in commerce.

You're shit at this

Perth Red

Post Whore
with the way Vlad is going about expansion it looks more likely we are selling an 18 club comp next deal, not 20.
Just adding PNG, is that going to increase the tv value much?

Canard

Immortal
With Fox and Kayo it will be well over a million

And people on here question the value of nrl clubs in png and nz2.

In 30. Years time our local rivals will realise their mistake being so insular

There’s also the value of a rugby league World Cup with the nrl developing seven strong southern hemisphere sides (and even helping England too)
There wouldn't be a poster on here that would be against the growth of RL, except you who actively campaigns against it being outside NSW and QLD in Australia

Dark Corner

Juniors
With Fox and Kayo it will be well over a million

And people on here question the value of nrl clubs in png and nz2.

In 30. Years time our local rivals will realise their mistake being so insular

There’s also the value of a rugby league World Cup with the nrl developing seven strong southern hemisphere sides (and even helping England too)
Hope it happens soomer as I be in my 80's by then if I last that long.

I'm still not completely au fait with the distinction between Reach and Average. The criterion for inclusion in the Reach figure is watching 1 minute. How long does someone have to watch to be counted in the Average figure?

Through the regular season, AFL seem to attract significantly more viewers who watch for a shorter period of time. Are the reasons behind this also part of the explanation for higher finals ratings?

From the limited data available, the Average/Reach ratio for NRLW games is more like AFL than NRL i.e. Average is a smaller proportion of Reach. Appears unaffected by teams, scheduling, closeness of scores, etc.
I'll give this question another go. The official ratings blurb says Total TV "is calculated using the audience average for the program as time-coded by the network..."

What does this mean in absolute terms i.e. roughly how many minutes of a typical NRL or AFL game does someone have to watch before they turn from a 1 minute Reach viewer into an Average viewer?

NRLMad

Juniors
Each NRL team should be assigned a pacific island region and Australian non-NRL regional area to develop. It should be part of the the funding agreement. They should be forced to train there for 2-4 weeks in the offseason.

The_Wookie

Bench
Sweden’s Kantar Media, which will measure Foxtel Group audiences already measures 7m set top boxes for Sky and SingTel via return path data.

Frain said testing had delivered dramatic results for the Subscription TV broadcaster.

“For example, in August, 49% of half hour time slots were reporting No People, 25-54 audience. The truth the big data reveals is that number is actually 2%. When you count those donuts in terms of audience impacts, Kantar is 84% higher than OzTAM in August alone. Take a look at the first week of Fox Footy in September: the Midweek Tackle +24%, AFL Tonight +40%, AFLW +79%, +38% + 78% +110% and it goes on. That’s a huge impact for the AFLW and for our clients.”

The_Wookie

Bench
Sweden’s Kantar Media, which will measure Foxtel Group audiences already measures 7m set top boxes for Sky and SingTel via return path data.

Frain said testing had delivered dramatic results for the Subscription TV broadcaster.

“For example, in August, 49% of half hour time slots were reporting No People, 25-54 audience. The truth the big data reveals is that number is actually 2%. When you count those donuts in terms of audience impacts, Kantar is 84% higher than OzTAM in August alone. Take a look at the first week of Fox Footy in September: the Midweek Tackle +24%, AFL Tonight +40%, AFLW +79%, +38% + 78% +110% and it goes on. That’s a huge impact for the AFLW and for our clients.”

This was more of a pointer about the Kantar measurement accuracy. It will apply to NRL/W matches too.

Latest posts