What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changes I'd make to the Kiwi team

boxa777

Coach
Overall not a great performance for the Kiwis, and not a great confidence booster for someone to give the Aussies a game in the big one..

anyway..

Leuluai needs to go. No penetration at all in the halves. Benji has no hope with him next to him. Projects no fear to the opposition. I would play Fien at half and bring in Issac who will threaten the markers all night.

Rapira needs to start. Will lay a great platform and Blair's impact and creativity would be better suited off the bench. I'd also chuck Sa out as a fringe backrower and leave him there to have a crack at the opposition, create something. I think Sika would be better suited off the bench also with impact.

As Luke is my starting hooker, I wouldn't persist with Halatau or any other back up hooker option. I'd bring in another back on the bench. Someone capable of causing havoc in Inu. Once Issac needs a spell, Hohaia can cover dummy half whilst Inu comes on at fullback.

My line up would be as follows..

1. Hohaia
2. Perrett
3. Ropati
4. Matai
5. Vatuvei
6. Marshall
7. Fien
8. Cayless
9. Luke
10. Rapira
11. Sa
12. Smith
13. Mannering

14. Inu
15. Blair
16. Manu
17. Eastwood

I really hope the Kiwis improve as England look off the pace.. Again.

ali

Bench
I've got far more confidence in England improving than NZ.

NZ vs PNG promises to be fascinating. I'm not sure PNG can play that well again, but if they do I think NZ will be in for a struggle.

Loudstrat

Coach
iwis will improve improve. They don't have to field their best side until the finals. That;s when the likes of Inu and Luke will come in. Meanwhile - the fronge players get a virtual tri nations series to gain experience from.

If fit....

1) Inu
2) Perret
3) Ropati
4) Matai
5) Vatuvei
6) Marshall
7) Hohia
8) Cayless
9) Luke
10) Blair
11) Manu
12) Smith
13) Mannering

14) Fein
15) Fa'alongo
16) Halatau
17) Eastwood
16)

bartman

Immortal
Matai won't be there... injury or suspension. Inu is hovering in the squad but hasn't been in the greatest form. I think they'll keep Hohaia at fullback under those circumstances.

I'd like to see Issac Luke given a go, and I quite like Fien in the halves. I think if there are changes like this we will see Leuluai on the bench.

My changes:

1. Nightingale
2. Kenny-Dowall
3. Inu
4. Perrett (played a few games for the Roosters here. Needs to get his hands on the ball more)
5. Vatuvei
6. Marshall (c) (Give him some f*ckin responsibility. Make him stand the F*ck up.)
7. Chase (f**k it give him a shot)
8. Rapira
9. Luke
10. Blair
11. Sa
12. Fa'alogo
13. Eastwood

Mannering
Hohaia
Manu
Smith

Come on Stacey. Make an Optimus Prime style comeback.

watatank

Coach
My changes:

1. Nightingale
2. Kenny-Dowall
3. Inu
4. Perrett (played a few games for the Roosters here. Needs to get his hands on the ball more)
5. Vatuvei
6. Marshall (c) (Give him some f*ckin responsibility. Make him stand the F*ck up.)
8. Rapira
9. Luke
10. Blair
11. Sa
12. Fa'alogo
13. Eastwood

Mannering
Hohaia
Manu
Smith

To be fair, Marshall did alright considering he had a poor 7 and 9 inside him. Luke at 9 will work wonders; apart from SBW he was the only one troubling Australia in the Centenary Test. As for Chase, he is barely FG standard let alone international standard.

screeny

Bench
Everyone's blaming Leuluai but I think the problem was Benji not asking for the ball enough. There was one attacking set in the second half when Benji did not ask for the ball once. Leuluai's instructions are to make space for Benji and give him the ball when he asks for it - Leulaui admitted as much in a news article in either the NZH or stuff.co.nz earlier in the week. Benji admitted as much in the post-match interview when he said he was disappointed with himself in not getting involved more.

When he did get involved he looked like testing the Aussie defence.

As for Fein, he was the worst player on the field and almost a fifth columnist. He should be dropped, with Halatau starting and Luke on the bench.

Fa'alogo needs to come in to up the Kiwi's rubbish defence. They lost almost every collision.

Kearney also needs to do a lot of work on their fifth tackle plays and long kick set up.

Butters

Bench
1. Krisnan Inu
2. Jason Nightingale
3. Steve Matai
4. Dene Halatau
5. Shaun Kenny-Dowall
6. Benji Marshall
7. Thomas Leuluai
8. Manu Vatuvei
9. Issac Luke
10. Adam Blair
11. Simon Mannering
12. David Fa'alogo
13. Jeremy Smith (C)

14. Sika Manu
15. Greg Eastwood
16. Setimata Sa
17. Sam Rapira

KiWi_BoI_15

Juniors
Changes?

how bout F**k off Fien and Ropati.

1. Nightingale
2. Perret
3. Inu
4. Matai
5. Vatuvei
6. Marshall (needs to get INVOLVED!!)
7. Leuluai
8. Rapira
9. Luke
10. Blair
11. Mannering
12. Fa'alogo
13. Jeremy Smith

14. Hohaia
15. Eastwood
16. Manu
17. Sa

franklin2323

Immortal
Only real changes needed:

Inu -fullback
Hohaia- Half
Luke- Hooker

The good thing is Super Pool beat PNG Basically qualified

NGR

Juniors
My changes:

1. Nightingale
2. Kenny-Dowall
3. Inu
5. Vatuvei
8. Rapira
9. Luke
10. Blair
11. Sa
12. Fa'alogo
13. Eastwood

Mannering
Hohaia
Manu
Smith

mannering on the bench? he is the first person i would pick for the kiwis, and not on the bench he plays 80minutes without fault...
Sa would be better suited to the bench because he has utility value...
as for adding players not in the NZ squad... you arnt allowed too
id rather have vatuvai in the centres and perret on the wing...

thats my 2 cents

ucantseeme

Juniors
1. Krisnan Inu
2. Jason Nightingale
3. Steve Matai
4. Setimata Sa
5. Shaun Kenny-Dowall
6. Benji Marshall
7. Isaac Luke
8. Manu Vatuvei
9. Dene Halatau
10. Adam Blair
11. Simon Mannering
12. David Fa'alogo
13. Jeremy Smith (C)

14. Sika Manu
15. Greg Eastwood
16. Rangi Chase
17. Sam Rapira

NZ main problems last night were rubbish 5th tackle options and too much one out running. The Roos know only Benji will run to the line and pass, the rest will just try to crash through the line but with no support runners it is easy to gang tackle the hit ups.

Sa and Matai are big enough to stop Inglis and Folau one on one. Manu barely sees the ball so he might as well go to prop. Thomas offers very little in attack so even though Isaac Luke is not a regular half he's probes more with the ball and Halatau is more than capable of doing scoots from dummy half for cheap metres. Chase can sub for Halatau and it takes pressure of Benji to do everything.

Godz Illa

Coach
Because I can...

1. Nightingale
2. Perrett
3. Inu
4. Matai
5. Vatuvei
6. Sa
7. Marshall
8. Cayless
9. Luke
10. Blair
11. Mannering
12. Manu
13. Smith

14. Hohaia
15. Eastwood
16. Rapira
17. Fa'alogo

Hohaia the bench hooker

cb4

First Grade
diesnt matter wat team u list, they are still gonna get spanked by the aussies

expansionist

Juniors
I thought Fein was the worst player on the field. Wonder why... he doesnt suck that much in club games.

Hohaia looked OK but I still dont think he has the self beleif for full back..

Inu needs to be there, Isaac Luke needs to be there.

Also I would NOT persist with Vatuvei. For mine he only ever turns up when the side is winning.

Ropati was OK, Marshall was OK (although should have run the show more), the kicking game was terrible.

Skram

Juniors
Everyone's blaming Leuluai but I think the problem was Benji not asking for the ball enough. There was one attacking set in the second half when Benji did not ask for the ball once. Leuluai's instructions are to make space for Benji and give him the ball when he asks for it - Leulaui admitted as much in a news article in either the NZH or stuff.co.nz earlier in the week. Benji admitted as much in the post-match interview when he said he was disappointed with himself in not getting involved more.

When he did get involved he looked like testing the Aussie defence.

As for Fein, he was the worst player on the field and almost a fifth columnist. He should be dropped, with Halatau starting and Luke on the bench.

Fa'alogo needs to come in to up the Kiwi's rubbish defence. They lost almost every collision.

Kearney also needs to do a lot of work on their fifth tackle plays and long kick set up

Agreed on all counts, also a number of times Benji received the ball on the last and proceeded to simply pass to Leuluai which indicates stage fright or something. He needed to assume his role a hell of a lot more than he did.

Also I would NOT persist with Vatuvei. For mine he only ever turns up when the side is winning.

Persist? Vatuvei would be the first or second back picked, he's a shoe in and with very good reason.

scottttt

Juniors
vatuvei played great in a struggling team i though, vatuvei is a garunteed start in every kiwi game if hes fit

Latest posts