What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changes To Be Made For Game Against Beatrice And The Brokeback Mountain Men

MKEB...

Staff member
LeagueNut said:
A genuine game-breaking forward would be nice too. Overall they're a pack of grafters who can pop the odd pass here and there but don't have a really threatening presence on attack.

Uncle Ivan needs to say to Sonny Fai "sonny you have two weeks to prove that you are ready for first grade". If he cuts the grade ,then I would be prepared to give him a go.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Yep would definately love to see some changes made for next week.
Witt dropped to the bench.

1. Mckinnon
2. Ah Van-safer/Vuna more attacking (interchangable)
3. Martin
4. Mannering
5. Vatuvei
6. Hohaia
7. Rovelli
8. Wiki (if hes fully fit)
9. Fien
10. Price
11. Luck
12. Swann
13. Anderson

14. Rapira
15. Tuimavave
16. Koopu/Fai
17. Lauaki

Lui can cover hooker, koopu could cover centre if we were desperate.
Dont need any backs on the bench.
Currently our back-row is too small, they dont make much metres if any - though luck tries his heart out rely too much on the props.
All the players on the bench can make a good hiitup, quite mobile and look for the offload

Also Bluey Mclennan would love this side - hohaia in the havles and Mannering in centres it will increase their chances of playing.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
I don't think Anderson & Koopu will be back for this sunday, so I won't be including them in my line up. I'm also sceptical that Gatis will play, so I won't be including him either.

I say throw Sonny Fai in there, see if he sinks or swims. I think we need more spark against a team like the Cowboys. This is why I have also gone with Cooper Vuna instead of Ah Van or Byrne. A quick note on Hohaia's selection, I think he will be used at hooker and also as a back replacement. That is why I'm selecting him on the bench. Here's my team:-

1. McKinnon
2. Vuna
3. Martin
4. Mannering
5. Vatuvei
6. Witt
7. Rovelli
8. Wiki
9. Fien
10. Price
11. Luck
12. Swann
13. Lauaki

Reserves: Rapira, Tuimavave, Hohaia, SONNY FAI.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Yeah I'd be tempted to bring someone like Sonny Fai. We need someone in our forwards with a bit flair and to create oppertunites. Mannering back to the centres, Hoheia to the bench.

Swann has disapointed me, I have memories from 03 when he used to be a really good attacking second rower and now he is just a grafter, no better than Michael Luck really.

We probably don't need both of them in the starting line up really.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Yeah but thats my point. All our back row are too similar. We only really need one workhorse and that is Luck. We need Louie Anderson back. Swann to the bench I reckon and use him to come on when Luck comes off or when we need to shore up our defence.

In saying that I think Swann had his best game this year yesterday.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Martli said:
Translation:
"I can't admit that my favourite player has had a bad game"

At least he sticks by him and doesn't go all ape hole about it unlike a few Warriors supporters here who only care about kicking out all the Aussies and thus creating their perfecto little kiwi minuture clone team.

Martli

Coach
byrne_rovelli_fan82 said:
At least he sticks by him and doesn't go all ape hole about it unlike a few Warriors supporters here who only care about kicking out all the Aussies and thus creating their perfecto little kiwi minuture clone team.

There's a difference between "sticking by" a player and being absolutely delusional. You and Wittyfan are most definitely the latter.

You dont get it do you. Too much Meth i think.

Witt didnt play well, neither did you hero Raviolli, regardless of weather they are Aussies, Kiwis Iraqies or even Eskimos it doesnt matter. They are playing for OUR team the New Zealand Warriors. Its got nothing to do with where they are from

ozbash

Referee

hey, cool pics spinny.

wouldnt they let you stand up ?

Have the club said anything yet about when Anderson, Koopu, and Ropati are due back? I haven't been keeping up with the news lately, but it would certainly be nice to have them all as options. Assuming that none of them are available along with Crockett and Gatis doubtful I'd go with the following team.

1. McKinnon
2. Ah Van
3. Martin
4. Byrne
5. Vatuvei
6. Hohaia/Witt
7. Rovelli
8. Rapira
9. Fein
10. Price
11. Mannering
12. Swann
13. Luck

14. Witt/Hohaia
15. Tuimavave
16. Luaki
17. Wiki

I wasn't terribly happy with the way the halves went against Manly and I just think that Witt and Rovelli are too similar to each other. For whatever reason Rovelli doesn't seem to be running much this season and to be honest I don't know if Witt really has much of a running game or not. I like Witt's kicking game, but I really think we need to have more of a running danger from the halves which is why I'd put Hohaia at 6. The only reason I've bracketed them is because if Gatis is injured I'm not certain whether Witt can play interchange hooker or not, in which case Hohaia might be needed on the bench.

I've put Byrne into center to replace Hohaia and I rate him as a better center than a winger. Having said that what I'd like to do more is put Mannering at 4, Luaki to start, and Sonny Fai to the bench. But I've never seen Fai play and only know him by reputation so can't really recommend him without seeing him play.

Otherwise I'd take Ah Van over Vuna simply because I've been more impressed with what I've seen of him, although he seems like he'd be a better fullback than wing that won't be happening any time soon unless McKinnon gets injured. I'd also go with Rapira (or possibly Tuimavave) to start again with Wiki on the bench. I like the idea of Ruben giving a bit of impact off the bench once the other have started to tire.

Latest posts