What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v Raiders

03 - Barnett. - Playing like he does after origin. What a leader.
02 - Walker. - A menace. He was everywhere tonight.
01 - Capewell. - Like Barnett backing up after origin and played his best game for the Warriors.

HM: AFB,

DM: Ford, CHT, TMM

Season over even though we have a weak pulse to make it in still.
We haven't been icing games all though the year and haven't earnt a finals appearance.

Grizzman

Juniors
3 Barnett -has been our best all year
2 Walker -as per WW
1CHT - controversially, probably. Despite the kicking misses, he was strong, Crucial tackles and ran well.

Halasima looked at home, Roger and Capewell were good but I'm consistently left wanting more from Niukore. I just expected him to bend/ break the line more often than he does and I feel he's not involved as much as he could be. Not the difference in the game, just an observation.

Izz

Bench
Yeah, I'll also go

3 Barnett
2 Walker
1 Capewell

Hope CHT doesn't beat himself up too much. 3rd choice kicker, all the kicks from his bad side. Thought he did a lot of other stuff really well

I thought AFB was going to phone it in but he proved me wrong.

When are we going to get a game where we're not ravaged by in-game injuries? Is there a problem with our strength and conditioning programme? Also felt like Raiders going in late on knees & below a lot

vvvrulz

Coach
3. Barnett - The man can even kick on our last tackle!
2. Capewell - Can't be understated the amount of work he gets through when we're being savaged by injuries
1. AFB - Feels like he was back to his best, which was a shame to waste.

HMs: Walker, Egan

RTS was good other than failing to clean up that kick leading to a try, a huge bungle.
CHT is our fourth choice kicker, poor guy had a good game otherwise.

DMs:
TMM was all over the show, what happened?
DWZ our worst, awful basic mistakes and often wasn't competing for the ball.

Everyone else was fine, another hard working grind we failed to ice.
In another world we close these and comfortably sit in the eight.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
When are we going to get a game where we're not ravaged by in-game injuries? Is there a problem with our strength and conditioning programme? Also felt like Raiders going in late on knees & below a lot
TTs was a concussion and Pompey got his knee twisted in an awkward position- can’t put either of them down to conditioning. But I had had the same thoughts regarding our overall injury toll, it’s been horrific this year and would’ve derailed most club’s seasons in similar fashion bar maybe Penrith and Melbourne.

Izz

Bench
TTs was a concussion and Pompey got his knee twisted in an awkward position- can’t put either of them down to conditioning.
Yeah, I guess not. Hope RTS pulls up okay. Ali also looked like he'd hurt his ankle again in the first half.

But I had had the same thoughts regarding our overall injury toll, it’s been horrific this year and would’ve derailed most club’s seasons in similar fashion bar maybe Penrith and Melbourne.
The frustrating thing is, apart from a couple notable games, we've been in the fight each week and could easily be several wins better off. Do we have a mental fitness coach? If not, maybe time to get one. If so, maybe time to get a new one 😅

vvvrulz

Coach
Yeah, I guess not. Hope RTS pulls up okay. Ali also looked like he'd hurt his ankle again in the first half.

The frustrating thing is, apart from a couple notable games, we've been in the fight each week and could easily be several wins better off. Do we have a mental fitness coach? If not, maybe time to get one. If so, maybe time to get a new one 😅

I think it’s our mental fitness that’s generally kept us in the contest this year, the problem is that without someone like SJ we’re failing to ice these tight matches with that crucial kick / field goal / try.

TMM has the potential to be this, but he’s not quite a leading half (yet).

Reactions: Izz

sup42

Juniors
Barnett top score for the back up thing everyone is posting.

I got Jazz as second, I noticed when he came on he stopped the bleeding in the middle third, held the ball, no penalties, any game where Jazz does not stuff up he is one of our best forwards.

Last points to CHT, others saw his flaws. I give him one point for kicking long. The future of the Warriors is hanging on finding a post SJ Half that can kick long. As such CHTs long boot in many ways was the best thing to emerge from that game in the bigger picture. Serious credits CHT for working on that boot this year, without it we are screwed next season. Bearing in mind it took Johnson a decade to get the long kick right, and lets not forget even the GOAT Stacey never mastered it.

Honorable mention Ali who had a steady game for a noob.

sup42

Juniors

Mate I agree about being several chances away from being a top team this season.
But I say no need for a psychologist. Our horrific injury toll is something fans need to get a grip with.

Without the games where we ended up with one fit player on the bench we would have won many of those games.

Injury is the problem, a couch Doctor is not going to fix that. But perhaps the Warriors band wagon needs a shrink.

Too me it is really black and white obvious why we are not the team of last season. We are getting flogged in the hospital ward...and if you throw in a tosser from Manly who wants out and is throwing his toys that is a recipe for a cluster truck.

Without derailing the thread, the truth is the Officials have been riding us on top of all our injury woes, fact our club gets obscene calls, how else would all the head shots and punches to the head not be adjudicated in our games, how else apart from bias could a player be binned for being head butted, smacked in the head twice, put on report for....well i dunno what he was put on report for neither did the Judiciary which is why they swept that case under the carpet.

Late head contact in a even score game (TMM), head injury to a Warrior, Ref says all good, Bunker says nothing to see here, Referees boss bans the player on the spot.

There are lots of cool kids that love to say they are not gonna use excuses around here. Yeah ok, be ostriches, those cases of blatant horror NRL rulings are factual not my opinion, not hyperbole from me. Facts.

Laban got punished for being assaulted.

TMM got no support from the Refs or Bunker for an incident that saw the Referees boss ban the player. Did any one ask themselves why this was not the rant of the season on Aussie Networks like it would be for any other club? Short answer because it was the Warriors play maker, a Sydney club would have given NRL 360 material for an episode.

Last season the tipping point in our favor was when multi million dollar sponsor one NZ called out the cheating.

This season the cheating is worse on top of a much worse injury run.

Does my head in Warriors fans expect wins in any given game in this comp with those handicaps.

So yeah when we lose by two points like this week I am celebrating because I see the hill we have to climb and am brutally frank about the realities of being the foreigners in this comp.

For mine the test this season of whether it is fair or not, is the number of Warriors who went off with HIAs while the Reff said no foul, there have been bloody dozens and I am disgusted with it. Because somehow we have become the only club the HIA does not apply to, meanwhile Warriors fans find excuses for the Kangaroos. Onya, Aussie Jesus will have a place for you in Aussie heaven.

Rant not over....lol

What really gets on my tits is that this is not even a subtle bias, this is not some isolated happening game by game.

When the Warriors played the Rabbits, Mitchel their Indigenous poster boy (I am indigenous, so no race critics thanks) Mitchell throws a bunch of elbows straight to Shaun Johnsons head.

Shaun Johnson is not some pleb you ignore for being head shotted by a Fox sport indigenous circle Jerk star right?? Shaun Johnson is an NRL super Star in any language and the greatest player out of an entire country. But his head hits get soft treatment.

So Mitchell the Aussie Indigenous flog goes on to Tip Tangata Whenua Captain Tohu Harris in a pole axe tackle, and then adds Muay Thai knee to the head.

Fat flog is allowed to stay on field despite his attempts to head injure two NZ legends and paralyse one of them.

WTF???

Man do not insult my intelligence with saying this comp is fair and that the Warriors are not treated differently. Our players are not bloody protected from head injury the most serious category of harm in this sport.

Our players are not respected as employees by this company our players are not respected as human beings, as fathers, husbands, partners, sons. Time and again the health and safety laws of this competition do not apply to the brain health of our players.

It is appalling. Someone from the NZ Media needs to pick up this thread and investigate and make a case of the multiple cases where our treatment in head shots is different to the other sixteen teams. One NZ CEO attacked the NRL after an HIA incident, about time they mounted another challenge to these clowns.

What pisses me off most about the TMM head clash is that he is a player who has brain bleeds, if anyone deserves to be a protected species in the NRL it is him, as someone who was told to never play again by a Neuro Surgeon his situation demands a duty of care from this money making cynical biased monster they call the NRL.

Anyone litigious here feel free to forward my rant to sports journos in NZ. The reason I say that is the video evidence of our poor treatment is so proliferate seasons 2023-2024 they would have a story that would sell clicks.

A NZ League Journo needs to investigate the Warriors HIA send offs by the independent doctor versus the no on field call by the Aussie officials, that is a very powerful weapon in exposing bias, you can very easily measure that against HIAs across the comp where the Ref interceded to protect the other club players and expose the bias which currently shows the Refs do not protect out players from head injury.

Someone needs to ask why Doctors are sending our players off when the Ref says no problem as compared to all the other teams. The video evidence alone of being hit in the head is enough to create a sports story that would earn a Journo an award.

I never seen a player sent off for being punched outside of the Warriors.

In my time as a fan I have seen two Warriors sent for being punched in the head. The first time the Warriors threatened to sue the NRL which saw better Reffing.

This latest case where there was a head butt then two punches, needs to to flagged to NZ media.

Last edited:

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Honestly don’t buy into the ref bias thing too much. We’ve had a shit run this year but y only way to beat it is on the field. If we get f**ked over in a big game when we’re contenders… THATS when it’ll matter.

Sup42, you should definitely connect with someone in the media. We've become numb, thinking our bad run and results are our fault. The truth is, the Warriors are getting unfairly treated in many aspects of the game. While other teams also face bad calls from officials, they're not experiencing their players being unjustifiably pulled from the game like we are.

Insert Geoff Toovey investigation rant.

Problem is, that was a NSW Cup game, so unlikely to get the traction needed
It can still serve as an example of the bias against the Warriors, adding ammunition to build a strong case against the NRL. The grade level shouldn't matter. We need to hold some people accountable. I'm not calling for a major firing spree, just a new approach to achieving more balanced officiating in the game.