What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

channel 7

grayham

Juniors
Seeing how badly channel seven is televising the RU WC, not to mention most sport since they lost the AFL rights, could it be that channel 7 through their general incompetence actually held AFL back during the 20 years they broadcast it ?

Channel 10 would have done more for AFL footy in the last 2 years than 7 did for the previous 5.

CyberKev

Staff member
Disagree...

There is minimal (if any) appreciable difference between Ten's coverage of AFL and the coverage that 7 used to provide.

I'm happy with 10's coverage, but i didn't have any concerns with 7's, other than the fact that they let things slide a bit in that last season (reducing their normal weekend coverage) when they knew that they wouldn't have the rights anymore.

Still, for all Sam Newman's drivel about how crap 7 were and how 9 was going to revolutionise footy broadcasting, you'd have to say that the reality hasn't matched the hype.

CyberKev

grayham

Juniors
10 coverage into NSW and QLD is far better than 7, but the other states its probably the same.

You are right about 9. They really have made an art form of stuffing up sports broadcasting.

CyberKev

Staff member
grayham said:
10 coverage into NSW and QLD is far better than 7, but the other states its probably the same.

You are right about 9. They really have made an art form of stuffing up sports broadcasting.

You may be right, if you're talking purely about coverage. I don't see 10 as having improved upon 7's broadcasts in terms of style and quality, but it is quite possible that 10 is showing more games in "hostile" states.

I moved from Ballarat (receiving Melbourne-biased programming) to Canberra (receiving Sydney-biased programming) in September 2002, so I don't really have a frame of reference with which to distinguish between the two network's coverage of the sport in the ACT.

As for 9, they are capable of doing sport well, but tend to be so arrogant that they settle for talking a good game rather than walking it. In their own heads there already at the top of the tree and its the viewers fault for not keeping up.

CyberKev

Latest posts