What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel 9 -Cowboys & BullDogs game

russ13

First Grade
I was a little bit occupied watching the game tonight, having a bet & beer etc.

At half time I counted the adds. Something like 15 minutres straight. When they went back to the game the first thing I/we saw was Carl Webb's try which was 12 minutes into the second half.

Did anyone else notice this?

Was there a telecast of the first 10 minutes of the second half?

Never saw Rod Jenson's tackle on Matt Utai until the highlights.

& could someone tell me what was wrong with Matt Sings disallowed try?

Krison

Juniors
Nope if you were in Qld tonight you would not have seen the first 14 minutes of the second half, a huge stuff up. The game was live in NSW.

Meanie

Juniors
Yeah I noticed, I have Nine and NBN, at the start of the game both coverages were side by side, then when Sonny Bill scored his try Nine went into about 4 minutes of adds and NBN jumped ahead by about 4 minutes, so I started watching that. Then in the second half I switched over to 9 again and it was about 10 minutes ahead. So yeah, someone at Nine was playing with things.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Meanie said:
Hurriflatch said:
Told ya QLD was stupid

if they had daylight savings this would've been avoided ;-) :lol:

Or if New South Wales didn't. ;-)

Well NSW didn't have any telecast issues cause they are better then QLD

Had it been the NSW broadcast that stuffed up then you'd have a case but it wasn't so you don't :D

OVP

Coach
One other thing i noticed was that SBW has his very own tackle count. About 30 minutes into the game, a spammy popup with SBW's tackle count came up while play was on. I mean wtf ? Whats next ... Toilet Bowl Cam when SBW drops a Gibbo ? :lol:

Someone get me a bucket :lol:

Its like Nine are trying to find every single way to stuff the games up.

I hope and pary that they dont get thr rights the next time around.

rugged

Juniors
I thought I'd snoozed off! Good to know I hadn't, but bad that channel 9 is so thoughtless. :x

I'm sick of those channel 9 promotions for their shows already, though they don't sound quite as bad as Tony Greig doing them. Half expected them to have a SBW head popping up advertising something or other. :roll: Can't they stop mentioning his name and the lingering looks with the cameras?

Tap Twist Snap

Juniors
I thought i was in some sorta time warp as well. I so hope someone else takes up the rights channel nine are a total joke at broadcasting sport.

Im embarrased every time Ray Warren has to flog some show that Nine want people to watch.

These day I watch the Footy on Nine....and that it!

Funny thing is, the ratings suggest there are alot more people just like me! :lol:

Kiwi

First Grade
Krison said:
Nope if you were in Qld tonight you would not have seen the first 14 minutes of the second half, a huge stuff up. The game was live in NSW.

I saw the whole game, there were no troubles in Mackay. I pays not to speak for an entire State.

DIEHARD

----
Looks like the south east got screwed over.

News.com.au said:
Kangaroos winger Matt Sing called it one of the greatest tries of all time from a front-row forward after a bulldozing Carl Webb brought about the undoing of reigning premiers the Bulldogs last night.

Special games inspire special moments and the Cowboys were blessed by two in Townsville, the second coming in the form of an 80m cover tackle from Rod Jensen on cannon-ball Bulldogs winger Matt Utai.

Both pieces of play came inside the opening 10 minutes of a ferocious second half after former Bulldog Johnathan Thurston orchestrated North Queensland's opening two tries to have the Cowboys leading the premiers 12-6 at halftime.

:?