What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel 9 scheduler a Panthers fan?

Blaze

Juniors
How is Raiders v Panthers a Friday night game?

I mean fair enough giving the Raiders a home game free to air (well deserved considering they have had a poor run with free to air games), but I am sick of watching the Panthers on a Friday night.

Why is their poor form rewarded with free to air coverage?

I am assuming that this was channel 9s third choice and therefore the fifth choice overall (after fox get two picks) but regardless of what eventuates in the game, in terms of a spectacle this is the worst game on paper this round.

Is the guy who schedules the games a panthers fan?

Knight87

Juniors
Fox gets 2 picks? I thought they only get one pick after Ch9's 2 picks (that, being the Monday Night game).

Paullyboy

Coach
Yeah I'd think that the order would go:

Ch 9 - Friday
MNF
CH 9 - Sunday
CH 9 - Friday (delayed)

Then Fox can do what they like with the rest.

As I said - that's just my guess as to how it's programmed.

Panthers it is sh!t aye I am sure even fans will agree it doesnt matter who they play its just terribly boring to watch them.

Black Majik

Juniors
He must be a Panthers fan without Fox!

There goes my weekend again. I wish they would get Monday night games so I only have the sh!ts for a max of 4 days.

SSFC Hitman

Juniors
The picks go like this...

9 pick 2 games.
Fox pick 2 games
9 picks their last game.
Fox gets the rest.

Normally 9 use their first 2 picks for Friday and Sunday. And Fox uses one of it's first 2 for MNF. So in essence...9 is picking the 5th best match of each round for the delayed game on a Friday.

dragonfire

Bench
I think the game has the ability to be a lot more exciting than people are making it out to be, Canberra at home this year have been able to put some points on the board and if the Panthers can actually get it right they can play some pretty exciting footy. Sometimes the two worst teams can put on the best games.

Blaze

Juniors
dragonfire said:
I think the game has the ability to be a lot more exciting than people are making it out to be, Canberra at home this year have been able to put some points on the board and if the Panthers can actually get it right they can play some pretty exciting footy. Sometimes the two worst teams can put on the best games.

I am aware of that. It could be the most exciting game of the season.

The point is that the scheduler isn't able to predict which games are going to be exciting and should therefore pick the best games on paper.

dragonfire said:

The 2 worst teams? St George are below the Faders on the ladder mate

woowoo

Juniors
gorilla with a shotgun said:

Obviously u are not following the comp closely if you are saying that canberra is a better team than the dragons

salivor

First Grade
wittyfan said:
Ratings in Queensland tonight should be catastrophic.

Not just tonight but the whole weekend with all 3 of the Qld teams games being on Fox.

Brutus

Referee
So much for Channel hand picking the best games of the round for Friday night.

Two dud games tonight. No wonder ratings are dipping.

dragonfire

Bench
gorilla with a shotgun said:

it was a sweeping statement and wasnt directed at those two teams directly, but hey have a go if you want

Knight87

Juniors
The Sunday Ch9 game should be live. Would be better at 4pm kickoff, especially the day/night affect in Winter (like at cricket day/night matches)

El Diablo

Post Whore
The situation is that Nine gets the first two choices and Fox Sports the next two. Then we get the fifth choice," Crawley said. "So we have to try to work out what's best for us within that system and there are a number of good games in round 12 to consider.

"The Dragons are playing the Broncos, the Warriors are playing the Bulldogs and the Tigers are playing the Eels. Games like that all have to be considered, the same as the Storm-Rabbitohs game, so it's still all up in the air for that round at this stage."

The fact games are scheduled up to 10 weeks in advance makes it something of a lottery for Nine. Sydney teams with big followings become a safe choice.

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/new...-waldron/2007/04/06/1175366476910.html?page=2

Latest posts