What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel 9 starts the year in breach of contract

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2012/02/returning-nrl-footy-show-2.html

Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth.
7:30pm Earth Flight
8:30pm CSI
9:30pm CSI: Miami
10:30pm CSI: NY
11:30pm The Footy Show NRL
1:00am Nine’s Thursday Night Football

from a 2007 article

http://www.smh.com.au/news/news/fox...1178995418201.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1
The after-midnight start is in breach of the existing NRL contract, which says Nine must televise games in Melbourne before midnight.

nothing changes with this mob

what has Gallop got to say?

no name

Coach
I can already tell you what happens in all 3 of those CSI repeats.

They catch the bad guy in the end.

Frederick

Staff member
\
what has Gallop got to say?
420_gallop-420x0.jpg

Danish

Referee
Good test to see if the ARLC is anything more than just a bunch of pushovers like the NRL was.

Can Channel Nein just f**k off already?

Do we know if they will play it on GEM or another channel, or is that a stupid question?

docbrown

Coach
Anybody who watches the Footy Show first will know the result...

Idiots. Time to spam again methinks.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
FMD 9 is run by incompetent merkins.

Just started negotiations for the rights to the ONLY thing keeping your channel alive and they pull shit like this.

It's almost like they don't want the rights.

Quidgybo

Bench
This won't be popular and I am by no means supporting Nein's scheduling, but given we're providing standalone Thursday and Friday night games instead of a Friday night doubleheader as per the current contract, surely all bets are off in regards to breaches of any related contract terms. Again that doesn't forgive Nein any of their past or future indiscretions.

Leigh.

El Diablo

Post Whore
This won't be popular and I am by no means supporting Nein's scheduling, but given we're providing standalone Thursday and Friday night games instead of a Friday night doubleheader as per the current contract, surely all bets are off in regards to breaches of any related contract terms. Again that doesn't forgive Nein any of their past or future indiscretions.

Leigh.

that is only happening because the NRL are doing 9 a favour because the cricket is on Friday night

plus why would you show TFS first when they will be talking about the game that just finished?

woodyk2

First Grade
I dont care...im just sick of watching the broncos EVERY FUGGIN FRIDAY NIGHT....this years gonna be no different.

Quidgybo

Bench
that is only happening because the NRL are doing 9 a favour because the cricket is on Friday night
And the only reason it's clashing with the cricket is because of our request to break the contract to create a standalone rep weekend around the Anzac Test, thus bringing the start of the season forward by a week. However you look at it, we're complicit with going off contract in this situation.

plus why would you show TFS first when they will be talking about the game that just finished?
As I said, I'm not defending the stupidity of their scheduling. I'm just pointing out we probably haven't got a legal leg to stand on because of our own actions in regard to the contract that got us to this particular situation.

Leigh.

Latest posts