What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel 9 Sunday Afternoon Football

DaMightyDragons

Juniors
WHERE DO WE START

1. First of all, channel 9 have no right to delay the Sunday games for an hour. NRL is supposed to be for the fans

2. Advertising for shows on 9 - if you watch fox, you will see that the only sort of advertise shows to do with footy, while instead on 9, all you hear is gussy saying that he hopes to get home in time to watch Squizzy. For Christs sake 9, get your act together

3. Adverts - to add to the delay in the game, channel 9 give us an even better reason to enjoy Sunday Afternoon Footy with a ton of ads about hair loss and fixing your car.

4. Biased commentary (especially with broncos) - Hodges got his beautiful little emotional smothering by channel 9's commentary team after he fell over (the poor baby). Instead of hearing 20 minutes of quality commentary, I heard 20 minutes of crap about Hodges and how unlucky he is. If Doogs went down, Rabs would have said nothing

5. Talking about crap we don't need to hear - I mean who wants to hear the story of the missing statue of Wally. Far out, Rabs and his crew are paid to COMMENTATE a game of FOOTBALL, it's not antiques roadshow. Also, Darren Lockyer ranting on about his field goal, if channel 9 want to do something to give the fans a good viewing experience from the couch, axe the biased sideline commentator Lockyer.

That's just about all I have to say about the issue. From now on, no more Sunday Afternoon Delayed Biased Ad-Filled Antiques Roadshow Sherlock Holmes Football for me. Might just watch it on a stream with the volume turned down and I can do my own commentary!:cool:

dragonfire

Bench
4. Biased commentary (especially with broncos) - Hodges got his beautiful little emotional smothering by channel 9's commentary team after he fell over (the poor baby). Instead of hearing 20 minutes of quality commentary, I heard 20 minutes of crap about Hodges and how unlucky he is. If Doogs went down, Rabs would have said nothing

Anyone else wish that someone dropped down and put the shoulder into him when he went down ala what he did to Morris a few years ago. Would have been good to see!

Lewish33

Juniors
I mentioned it yesterday during the telecast. It actually borders on farcical now. Just cringeworthy.

BennyV

Referee
The Sunday 3pm game is possibly my favourite game to go to live. However, it is hands-down the worst one to watch on TV

Gomarchin

Juniors
Anyone else wish that someone dropped down and put the shoulder into him when he went down ala what he did to Morris a few years ago. Would have been good to see!

I thought the exact same thing when he went down! I'll never forget what a dog act it was from Hodges. He had plenty of time to pull out but chose to go in hard when Morris was down hurt.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I thought the exact same thing when he went down! I'll never forget what a dog act it was from Hodges. He had plenty of time to pull out but chose to go in hard when Morris was down hurt.

Agree...whilst I never wish injuries on anyone....maybe his absent off the field might wipe some of that smug attitude he has during games...Origin included

Outlaw Pete

Juniors
It's a 2 hour Channel 9 show plug a thon ! I have the sound off. I like Gould but he should be embarrassed with some of the stuff him and Warren go on about.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
WHERE DO WE START

1. First of all, channel 9 have no right to delay the Sunday games for an hour. NRL is supposed to be for the fans

2. Advertising for shows on 9 - if you watch fox, you will see that the only sort of advertise shows to do with footy, while instead on 9, all you hear is gussy saying that he hopes to get home in time to watch Squizzy. For Christs sake 9, get your act together

3. Adverts - to add to the delay in the game, channel 9 give us an even better reason to enjoy Sunday Afternoon Footy with a ton of ads about hair loss and fixing your car.

5. Talking about crap we don't need to hear - I mean who wants to hear the story of the missing statue of Wally. Far out, Rabs and his crew are paid to COMMENTATE a game of FOOTBALL, it's not antiques roadshow. Also, Darren Lockyer ranting on about his field goal, if channel 9 want to do something to give the fans a good viewing experience from the couch, axe the biased sideline commentator Lockyer.

That's just about all I have to say about the issue. From now on, no more Sunday Afternoon Delayed Biased Ad-Filled Antiques Roadshow Sherlock Holmes Football for me. Might just watch it on a stream with the volume turned down and I can do my own commentary!:cool:

When you buy the TV rights, in a few years, you make sure you implement these changes, OK?

FlameThrower

Bench
It's a 2 hour Channel 9 show plug a thon ! I have the sound off. I like Gould but he should be embarrassed with some of the stuff him and Warren go on about.
$billion dollar Tv rights deal, with $2 shop broadcast concepts and effort.....like I stated the whole Ch9 team either need review, cull or moved on....

tumbidragon

First Grade
I really don't mind Sterlo tbh. And Johns does add value to the inside thinking of some of the plays. He just acts like a 12 year old 80% of the time.. It's even worse when he's teamed up with that shit for brains Fittler. There's no doubt about Goulds knowledge of the game. But his incessant whinging and mind numbing banter with Ray is well f**ked!

TruSaint

Referee
When you buy the TV rights, in a few years, you make sure you implement these changes, OK?

Jubilee is right.
You will find that channell nine bid for this time slot and couldnt NOT afford it without the crap advertising. Its strictly commercial. Its pis... me off big time but thats the reality.
Personally i make myself busy between 4 and 6 and watch the uninterupted reply on Fox.

The commentary and constant BS regarding the reality shows and the fricken statue was an embarrasment. Call the game of footy, thats what you are paid to do.

I watch it live every week.
I'm like a ninja....

It is bullshit though isn't it.
And the QLD bias for their games is laughable.

Nine licks the bag

silverex

Bench
Unfortunately, the game is run by the broadcasters.

They put up the money, they call the tune. It's called 'business'.

It's not something I, and many others, like but it's the reality.

If we want to follow the Dragons, and secondly, the NRL, then that's what we have to put up with.

End of rant.

Dezziedc

Juniors
The only thing I hate is the bias. Putting Lewis and Locky on every Brisbane game really detracts from it. They are obviously biased and you know they are going to be. Rabs doesn't help - he loves the Broncos too. And when they play on Friday night you also sometimes have Fatty calling - which only adds to it.

One good thing, they seem to have gotten rid of Hadley. Thank christ. Captain Obvious was also a blatant Broncos supporter.

The only commentator I like is Sterlo. And even he gets caught up in the bias and the crap sometimes. But at least he tries to pull out of it relatively quickly.

jenninga

First Grade

It's not the point,2 games a week not shown live and not in HD is not acceptable in 2013.The AFL have every match live including FTA.
And the GF back at 7.00pm the final slap in the face for fans.

sharkfinsoup

Juniors
It's the first Sunday game I've watched on 9 in a few years.
I still had the live match on my phone. Just watched the match out of interest.

nrlnrl

First Grade
It's not the point,2 games a week not shown live and not in HD is not acceptable in 2013.The AFL have every match live including FTA.
And the GF back at 7.00pm the final slap in the face for fans.

yep, it's the price we pay for the price they paid

saint.nick

Coach
This is why people hate the broncos. They get all the FTA games. They get all the commentary bias. They have a whole RL mad city to themselves. And they're queenslanders. They are one of the most handicapped sport teams in history

This is why people hate the broncos. They get all the FTA games. They get all the commentary bias. They have a whole RL mad city to themselves. And they're queenslanders. They are one of the most handicapped sport teams in history

Yes I had to laugh at the statement by Warren about the Boncos being a "great club".
I immediately thought - they're not a club, they're a city!