What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel 9 tackle counts

Geohood

Bench
What it seems like to me is that every 2nd set the 5th tackle comes up on the screen, only to see something like a forward hitting it up to realise its only 4th tackle..

Please explain?

DC_fan

Coach
What it seems like to me is that every 2nd set the 5th tackle comes up on the screen, only to see something like a forward hitting it up to realise its only 4th tackle..

Please explain?

Ring C.9 and ask for Phillip Ronald Gould

user_nat

Coach
Counting to 5 isn't easy. Particularly when you have to do it up to 60 times in an hour or so.

I think they get confused by second phase play.

Jono078

Referee
Yeah, also noticed this a lot this year. I don't count tackles so I obviously go by their tackles count and I keep thinking WTF are they giving it to a forward hitting it up then he just plays the ball casually and then they kick. Then you realize ch 9 stuffed up...

El Diablo

Post Whore

Please explain?

every game this year they get it wrong a heap of times

no idea why as it's not hard

kurtz

Juniors
Hadn't noticed it too much this year, until last night. Was woeful in the Bulldogs/Dragons game.

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
Counting to 5 isn't easy. Particularly when you have to do it up to 60 times in an hour or so.

I think they get confused by second phase play.

Might of been a bit tongue in cheek but i think it is partially correct. I've noticed a few times that it's, let's say, the 2nd tackle. A forward carries it up and gets wrapped up and the defence is trying to get the forward down to the ground. At this point the count goes to 3. But then all of a sudden the forward gets a last second offload away and the tackle count goes to 4 when he is finally wrapped up. Obviously idiots are working the tackle button.

ceagle

Bench
9 is just an amatuer tv station, I notice this happen frequently. I remember during the All star game this year, they has the Warriors logo as the All Stars. They are also numerous times when they stuff up the clock.

Eels Dude

Coach
Have to say I've picked up on this too. Seems to be happening a fair bit this year. Also a fair few times they haven't even started displaying the tackle count until say tackle 4.

ceagle

Bench
Have to say I've picked up on this too. Seems to be happening a fair bit this year. Also a fair few times they haven't even started displaying the tackle count until say tackle 4.
Its ridiculous, and they expect to keep the TV rights

Cliffhanger

Coach
I noticed it too, happens way too often.

On a side note. It's might have not might of. FFS get it right.

Apey

Staff member
have picked it up in almost every game this year, but it's getting even more frequent it seems :lol:

it was mentioned in the game thread several times, they fail

nrlnrl

First Grade
reckon it's a technical issue as it seemed to happen towards the end of tackle counts regularly

anyone here with their contacts know someone at Ch9 ?

Latest posts