What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel nein commentators

Ladmate

Bench
Did anyone notice that at 4:30, the game was 12 minutes in? Merkins. How can you show that many ads.

Gus wasn't his usual self. He didn't rip in on the Panthers because he couldn't, I could tell he was disgusted at their performance apart from Lewis.

Snappy

Coach
I noticed that today Gus decided to Jizz all over Beau Ryan instead of Benji for a change. The one comment that stands out 'Beau knows bombs'
Im guessing he forgot about the game last week v the Broncos.

juanfarkall

Coach
I noticed that today Gus decided to Jizz all over Beau Ryan instead of Benji for a change. The one comment that stands out 'Beau knows bombs'
Im guessing he forgot about the game last week v the Broncos.

Maybe he was talking from personal experience and said Beau knows bums

juro

Bench
I liked the irony of Hadley advertising "The Voice"... well, at least the first time he did it...

Valheru

Coach
Hadley is the worst commentator in the history of sports. At times it is as if he is watching the game on delay or a different game to the rest of us. Every time someone looks like beating a tackle he screams “he has gone straight through” or “opened them up” only for the player to be tackled normally for minimal gain.

In yesterday’s game for one of the Tigers try’s (forget which one) he said “he might go over here” when it was obvious that he would go over and score the try easily. 3 seconds later Hadley said “he has gone over”.

He is a crap commentator.

juro

Bench
That's the sort of thing you can get away with commentating on radio. Maybe he should try that...

StormHi

Juniors
Hadley is the worst commentator in the history of sports. At times it is as if he is watching the game on delay or a different game to the rest of us. Every time someone looks like beating a tackle he screams “he has gone straight through” or “opened them up” only for the player to be tackled normally for minimal gain.

In yesterday’s game for one of the Tigers try’s (forget which one) he said “he might go over here” when it was obvious that he would go over and score the try easily. 3 seconds later Hadley said “he has gone over”.

I want him to commentate with Gus and cut him off one to many times nad have Gus self implode and kill them both in one go... Useless Merkins the both of them Ideal commentators for me would be Sterlo and Vossy

hellteam

First Grade

Ahhh yes, so many 'gone straight through'. He says it every time Hoffman makes a run.

Bretto

Bench
Vossy was fantastic tonight. Couple of his gems from tonight's game...

"Cowboys are dead set hotter than an oven tonight."

As the replays were being shown for what ended up being a no try for Latimore, "Well, Latimore is gonna feel like he's had root canal surgery after this."

That nice baritone voice is such a contrast to the grinding drone of Ray Hadley.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Good to have Vossy back tonight, does anyone know if he is back for good?

Ray Hadley was unavailable for tonight's game as his son graduated from Goulburn Police Academy today.

In my opinion, Voss's commentary is better than Hadley's on tv, but I don't like like his stupid attempts at comedy. I realise some people like this quirky style & he used it constantly also on The Roast, but to me it's over done & becomes a distraction during a game. On The Roast, that was the right place for it.

Last edited:

Bretto

Bench
Ray Hadley was unavailable for tonight's game as his son graduated from Goulburn Police Academy today.

In my opinion, Voss's commentary is better than Hadley's on tv, but I don't like like his stupid attempts at comedy. I realise some people like this quirky style & he used it constantly also on The Roast, but to me it's over done & becomes a distraction during a game. On The Roast, that was the right place for it.

You would concede though surely, that Vossy's "unfunny" stuff is nothing compared to hearing Hadley bang on for 5 minutes about how people don't call chewing gum chewing gum anymore, then proceed to list all the brands of different chewing gum for 5 minutes.

nrlnrl

First Grade
You would concede though surely, that Vossy's "unfunny" stuff is nothing compared to hearing Hadley bang on for 5 minutes about how people don't call chewing gum chewing gum anymore, then proceed to list all the brands of different chewing gum for 5 minutes.

yep, as mentioned, I prefer Voss's commentary over Hadley's race calling technique & other babble

Latest posts