What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel nein commentators

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
He sounded like Surely talking the NBN.

No place for it, and Gallop better say something.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
He didn't attack the broadband network. He mentioned the raiders new sponsor and explained how they had been rejected on security reasons re the NBN. He then said that the ball had been taken by the wing three quarter and it was play on.

DIOGENES

Juniors
It wasn't an "explanation" it was an attack.
Should such a divisive person be the face of Rugby League?

Big Sam

First Grade
He didn't attack the broadband network. He mentioned the raiders new sponsor and explained how they had been rejected on security reasons re the NBN. He then said that the ball had been taken by the wing three quarter and it was play on.

If that's all he said, he's just stating facts and I don't get what the fuss is.

But if he explicitly criticised the NBN then I can see why people are upset.

God-King Dean

Immortal
You didn't criticize to the letter, but you can tell by the way he said 'federal government' that he was having a shot.

Raider_69

Post Whore
It was hardly an attack as the OP stated, he was talking in relation to the raiders new sponsor, stated the facts on why they were banned by the federal government and made one small remark that indicated his displeasure about the NBN

I agree politics should be kept out of RL commentary but i dont think the comments were worthy of this kind of tantrum

eozsmiles

Bench
It wasn't an "explanation" it was an attack.
Should such a divisive person be the face of Rugby League?

He isn't the face of rugby league. He is a commentator.

I don't see much difference between him doing it and Lara Bingle. They are just entertainers talking horse sh!t.

If you don't like him then just do what I do and turn the volume down.

eozsmiles

Bench
Channel 9 have been anti Labor for years. Hadley would have more chance of getting sacked if he said Julia was doing a fine job.

Card Shark

Immortal

FFS, was that all it was?

I heard that & thought nothing of it. Some people need to get a life.

1 more thing- the NBN will be another government f**k up. As sure as night follows day.

Tigger Madness

Juniors

This is how I took. It wasnt an attack on the NBN.

Still, the bloke doesnt belong on TV and we need Voss back stat!

Grapple

Bench

Exactly. Nothing to it at all. Way to blow it out of proportion.

It has about as much relevance to the game as Ray Warren talking about new upcoming episodes of The Block or his other ramblings with Gould about their sordid past. If you can't handle a random "political" remark in a game of footy, then you need to get over yourself. There's probably other shit more important.

Perce

Juniors
I can put up with his lack of knowledge and poor calling of the game

i can't. None of us should have to. He doesn't know the players' names, he commentates like it's 1968, and he ignores the three supposed experts (Fatty, Gravel voice and Wally) in order to give his own uneducated judgments.
He's appalling, and Nein should f**k him off.

BunniesMan

Immortal
The last thing I want to hear from a footy commentator is any sort of political analysis. Especially a f**kwit like Hadley, I'm more likely to support whoever he's against because he's such a genius.