What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel Nine & Adelaide

RedVee

First Grade
^ yes very disappointing. It seemed they just wanted to be smartarses for the sake of it.

S.R.

Juniors
More anti-Sharks bullsh!t.
It really seems as though everyone involved in the NRL wants to turf them.

If it was the Dragons or Rabbitohs taking a game there, they'd be all over it.

fish

Juniors
Pretty poor but I wouldn't expect anything less from the piece of crap that masks a entertainment.

Despite CH9's efforts to shrink the game nationally I will be going to enjoy the spectacle.

I am glad their show is on that late here as it does nothing for the great game and I would hate to have any future league fans exposed to their tripe.

As said before Fox produce the only real informative League shows and I can watch these at a decent hour.

Frustrated Fan

Juniors
Yes, they bagged the crap out of the city and it's League audience, but it may stir up a few more people there to attend to spite Vossy and co.

That being said, I would've been mighty pissed off had they bagged League in WA the way they bagged SA.

That show and in fact all free to air rugby league is on so late in Adelaide that anyone half interested wouldn't bother. Only die hard league fans would. Channel Nine Adelaide would rather show crap movie reruns than a top of table clash at a decent hour.

I can't help but feel there is some kind of conspiracy agreement within Channel Nine preventing the promotion of rugby league in Adelaide.

IanG

Coach
Should've played tonights Knights vs Dragons game. A cracker of a game, plus these two teams have played each other there before.

Chook Norris

First Grade
I'm extremely surprised by Vossy's comments, thought he was an advocate of expansion no matter where it's at.. hopefully the Sunday Roast get lots of emails regarding his coments

some of the residents of Adelaide don't seem to fussed by the teams playing:

dzuteo.png

Loudstrat

Coach
A lot of people I have been trying to persuade to come to the game are EXTREMELY pissed off by the comments. Those who didn't watch them last night (the NRL footy show was straight after the AFL footy show) have heard about it and are basically telling league to go f**k itself if that's what they think.

A lot of people here like to watch league (not that they get much chance with Nines stupidly late coverage) and would have gone to the game. What a stupid stupid thing to do!

As for who to support. It has to be the Sharks as they are the ones who will be playing here for the next 3 years!

So instead of taking the expected 20 AFL fans to the game (I have been working on them for months) that number is down to 10 now. Adelaidians are just as proud of their city as Sydneysiders and this pissed them off.
A

So because a few blokes at 11.30 on a thursday night have an opinion, your friends are not going to the game? FFS. Get a life!

Adsy

Juniors
Voss is a giant douche. I wish Rusty punched him the other week when he stuck that dvd in the Ron Coote cup.

MsStorm

Bench
That show and in fact all free to air rugby league is on so late in Adelaide that anyone half interested wouldn't bother. Only die hard league fans would. Channel Nine Adelaide would rather show crap movie reruns than a top of table clash at a decent hour.

I can't help but feel there is some kind of conspiracy agreement within Channel Nine preventing the promotion of rugby league in Adelaide.

Sounds a lot like Melbourne tbh.
I also think there is some sort of conspiracy agreement within Ch.9 in states like Vic. WA and SA preventing the promotion of rugby league.
Money talks these days...and the afl have plenty of it....the various afl clubs have plenty of different sponsors scattered across Aust. and these sponsors have links to Ch.9. and their executives.

But hang in there...like Melb. have done. Hopefully soon you guys in SA and WA get a team in nrl.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
I agree with you, nine and News Ltd have been driving league down for years even our great leader Gallop keeps telling us we must look after NSW and QLD before expanding. This goes against all trends in other sports ie. expand to increase revenue. But we are fed BS which is backed up by the News Ltd agenda whoops I mean media.

The bottom line is these organisations do not want league to grow ie increase in value, so as to maximise their return from the game to cover their costs from the war. This won't change until after the next TV deal is done.

Otherwise we would have a solid plan for our future just as all the other codes do.

Latest posts