What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel Nine Coverage

Nonny1980

Juniors
Just want to say that bar the commercials after the tries (which is a necessary evil), Channel 9 were great tonight. Loved the players introducing themselves before the game, loved the super slo mo, loved the kicking tracker and particularly loved the commentators on the field pre game talking about famous moments of origin at the stadium and then fading to the footage. I thought they showed why they are the best broadcasters of sport in this country. The only thing I didn't get was Gould saying Hodges went into touch when it was clearly Grothe who had his foot on the line. Nobody corrected him... was I blind or were they wrong?

Jono078

Referee
I think Gould was being Sarcastic.

I also liked the new presentation of players and the kicking thing.

Were a few errors I picked up from the commentators though.

Did Sterlo call Meninga a blues player aswell in the pre game show?

innsaneink

Referee
Was the clown in the red jumpsuit & big floppy red and black pimp hat in the Blues sheds after the game Mundane ?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
That's the Melbourne teaser trailer isn't it?

jamesgould

Juniors
Jono078 said:
I think Gould was being Sarcastic.

I also liked the new presentation of players and the kicking thing.

Were a few errors I picked up from the commentators though.

Did Sterlo call Meninga a blues player aswell in the pre game show?

I don't think he was being sarcastic, coz he mentioned it again later on! He was being blind.

That new kicking thing was cool, hope they continue using it. The super slo-mo was good, but it was a bit too slow haha.

Knightmare

Coach
Only thing I didn't like was the world/ opera music they played when they were showing big hits or highlights from the game. Some heavy metal would have got people way more amped!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
One too many beestings to the face methinks for ol' Gus.

Inferno

Coach
Loved the super slo-mo. I was wondering when they would get around to using it on league.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Didnt listen to the commentary, as I listened to Roy and HG, but was surprised they didnt go to many ad breaks like they normally do. Was quite good tonight.

Godz Illa

Coach
The extreme slo-mo was under-utilised imo. Would have loved to have seen ore of that footage, after the game perhaps. Hopefully we'll see more highlights of it somewhere down the track, Roast, Sunday Footy Show maybe

Christmas Ape

Juniors
For once I thought they got it spot on.

Gould's hair needs a complete overhaul though. It looks like John Laws cuts it for him.

Frustrated Fan

Juniors
I am wondering why they didn't show a replay of the incident Qld was penalised for around the 60th minute, which allowed NSW to go 16-6 in front. I kept an eye out for it in the news and they didn't show it either.
I just watched it again on fox and discovered it was a discracefull call by the officials. Hodgeson was not tackled without the ball.
Why was there no replay?

Nonny1980

Juniors
Frustrated Fan said:
I am wondering why they didn't show a replay of the incident Qld was penalised for around the 60th minute, which allowed NSW to go 16-6 in front. I kept an eye out for it in the news and they didn't show it either.
I just watched it again on fox and discovered it was a discracefull call by the officials. Hodgeson was not tackled without the ball.
Why was there no replay?
Disagree with you. Watched it just then and slowed it down, he was held onto before he touched the ball. Correct call.

why didn't they show the replay of the first queensland try. (unless my beer effects was in full effect and missed the replay).

Scott

Bench
I personally think that the super slow-mo work better in cricket that in League.

Other than that, really enjoyed the coverage.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
PARRA_FAN said:
Didnt listen to the commentary, as I listened to Roy and HG, but was surprised they didnt go to many ad breaks like they normally do. Was quite good tonight.

same here, its a shame we only get to hear them during SOO