What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel Nine Disgrace

Frustrated Fan

Juniors
I have been watching Channel Nine Adelaide tonight. Their nightly news made no mention of the NRL final. Their sports updates are all about Mathew Primus' retirement.

I understand they don't broadcast rugby league at a reasonable hour in Adelaide because there is no interest in the game here. I would like to know how are the locals supposed to become interested when there is a complete and deliberate snub by the organisation who has the broadcast rights.

Channel Nine Adelaide is a complete discrace as far as Rugby League is concerned. I hope the new television rights deal the NRL made with Channel Nine includes an obligation for them to promote the game nationally.

Channel Nine Adelaide isn't owned by Packer, so they basically put on what they want...hence why we have f**ken postcards and a C grade Seagal movie on until 10.30 tonight when the game may be on, as long as the local news doesn't need to run an exclusive about Andrew McLeod taking 3 sh*ts after lunch

DruMAX

Juniors
I wouldnt feel that bad...Where I am the NRL Final is on at 3:00am and there is never any mention of rugby ever...first post BTW.

Ozzwald

Juniors
Rugby is not the sport that is being discussed here. Rugby is Rugby Union. It's a different game, a different code. This is a Rugby League forum. The two sports are not the same. The Final you refer to is actually the GRAND Final. The NRL Finals were last weekend.

Just a couple pointers on the terminology.

DruMAX

Juniors
Yes, I meant the Grand Final between Cowboys and Tigers. I wasnt aware this wasnt concidered Rugby though I knew it wasnt the same as the New Zealand Rugby I watch or the Rugby Union...I like it though.

Zippy Eel

Juniors
DruMAX said:
Yes, I meant the Grand Final between Cowboys and Tigers. I wasnt aware this wasnt concidered Rugby though I knew it wasnt the same as the New Zealand Rugby I watch or the Rugby Union...I like it though.

Your selling what?

PrideKnight

Bench
Frustrated Fan said:
I have been watching Channel Nine Adelaide tonight. Their nightly news made no mention of the NRL final. Their sports updates are all about Mathew Primus' retirement.

I understand they don't broadcast rugby league at a reasonable hour in Adelaide because there is no interest in the game here. I would like to know how are the locals supposed to become interested when there is a complete and deliberate snub by the organisation who has the broadcast rights.

Channel Nine Adelaide is a complete discrace as far as Rugby League is concerned. I hope the new television rights deal the NRL made with Channel Nine includes an obligation for them to promote the game nationally.

One word mate: "Foxtel"

DruMAX

Juniors
Zippy Eel said:
Your selling what?

Nothing, I have been watching matches, liked it, found this forum...plan to watch the match between the cowboys and tigers tomorrow.

DruMAX said:
Nothing, I have been watching matches, liked it, found this forum...plan to watch the match between the cowboys and tigers tomorrow.

Good onya, DruMax. League is not quite what it used to be, but it's still a pretty good game. Enjoy! And forget that "rugby" stuff -- it'll bore you silly.

Jackal Dog

Juniors
I can see why you are a "Frustrated Fan" you would think with the "N" in NRL standing for National they would at least make some attempt to get decent coverage outside of the northern states on FTA because let's face until they do the game will never expand outside of NSW & QLD.

I'd like to be able to call this sport rugby. League could be anything, basketball league, baseball league, football league, league of extraordinary gentlemen, league of nations. Same goes with union. Manufacturers & Workers Union, Teachers Union, Student Union, etc. :roll:

In-goal

Bench
Rugby is not the sport that is being discussed here. Rugby is Rugby Union. It's a different game, a different code. This is a Rugby League forum. The two sports are not the same. The Final you refer to is actually the GRAND Final. The NRL Finals were last weekend.

All depends on were your from i don't refer to Union as Rugby, when talking about a good phase of play i'll say that's great rugby as do a few of my mates and none of us care two hoots for the union game.

lol channel 9 melbourne has pokemon the first movie on channel 9 instead of the pl,jf grand finals u would at least think u would have a decent movie on how will this crap out rate a game of footy :lol:

wittyfan

Referee
Does the Sunday Mail in Adelaide have any Grand Final coverage today????

Adelaide is the least tolerant of any city of anything that's not AFL.

greeneyed

First Grade
Rugby union has no more right to call itself "rugby" than we do. Rugby union should be called that and rugby league should be called that.

Razor

Coach
Zippy Eel said:
Your selling what?

Zippy, DruMax could be correct in what he thinks

I've been to the US and one person said to me that they seen "Aussie Rugby" one day and enjoyed it a lot more than "Normal Rugby". Not sure where DruMax lives, but some people think League and Union are the same sport with variations on where it's played.

sullyfan said:
Does the Sunday Mail in Adelaide have any Grand Final coverage today????

Adelaide is the least tolerant of any city of anything that's not AFL.

Not sure but there was a page in the saturday Advertiser yesterday.

Yes, it is an inbred hick town I live in