What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

channel nine news: dykes wants out

bluey

Bench
To me it is simple
get a admin that know thier stuff and not wanting to be coaches

get a coach that is respected and knows his stuff.

I must say that i am as sick of this in house bitching, these blokes have a shot at the best comp in the world get on with the job you are paid to do.
This includes players coaches admin.

PHaTMaN

Juniors
If Souths have denied interest where will he go?

Maybe this could be a good thing for the sharks (and this is being a fluffy). Maybe Raper and co will desperately want to keep Dykes and whoever else wants to leave and change the game plan radically. Maybe the gameplan will be altered to actually involve the backs.

Probably not tho, but the question remains, if Souths dont want him, who would have room under the cap and still want him?

Has Aitken definately gone?

PJ

First Grade
Why is everyone talking like we are losing a world beater, we aren't.

He left us for Parra and bagged the club when he did so.

He came back and talked about how he loved the place so much and couldn't be happy playing elsewhere, and now he is crying again.

If he wasn't one of the forum favourites he'd be copping it left right and centre.

He wants to go, go. Again.

Guys like Bailey, when it was rumoured last year he wasn't resigning, were lambasted for being disloyal. Yet Dykes when he wants to leave a second time are spoken about as if they are some paragon of loyal player. He isn't. Peachey was and was shafted yes, but Dykes isn't.

We hardly made great leaps forward with him here this year.

And where would he play for Souths. I thought they had a pretty good up and coming 5/8 and he doesn't particularly like halfback.

carcharias

Immortal
If you want to see the actual weilder report and you have fox digital..( if it hasn't already been mentioned)
go to the news/sport and press the red button .

It has no interveiw with anyone involved .
It showed and old clip of Raper talking about Dykes when he was signed.

pffftttt

My guess is Weilder reads this forum ...loser :)

Avenger

Immortal
To think some of you here had the audacity to critisize the eels for getting rid of this pissant of a player.

millersnose

Post Whore
PJ said:
Why is everyone talking like we are losing a world beater, we aren't.

He left us for Parra and bagged the club when he did so.

He came back and talked about how he loved the place so much and couldn't be happy playing elsewhere, and now he is crying again.

If he wasn't one of the forum favourites he'd be copping it left right and centre.

He wants to go, go. Again.

Guys like Bailey, when it was rumoured last year he wasn't resigning, were lambasted for being disloyal. Yet Dykes when he wants to leave a second time are spoken about as if they are some paragon of loyal player. He isn't. Peachey was and was shafted yes, but Dykes isn't.

We hardly made great leaps forward with him here this year.

And where would he play for Souths. I thought they had a pretty good up and coming 5/8 and he doesn't particularly like halfback.

insert clappy emoticon

strider

Post Whore
I don't usually troll other forums, but hey what the heck - not trying to stir anything up...but just thought I'd congratulate all those who headed over to the Parra forum at the start of the year and told us all how stupid our club was for letting superstar Dykes go and putting a hooker at 5/8 instead (ie John Morris - who has made a great combo with Tim Smith) :clap: .... coincidently, we won the minor premiership the year before we had Dykes AND now the year immediately after we lost Dykes - yeah probably other factors to it, but I'm sure his whining attitude was probably a contributing factor.

Also, on Vagana - that game against St George last week was probably the best I have seen him play in ages (tho I admit I don't watch all sharks games with that much interest).....replace Dykes at 5/8 with Vagana would be a real step forward.

Alan Shore

First Grade
We need depth to be successful, about time this circus is sorted out.

Where is Peter Gow or someone with initiative to get rid of this useless board who continue to fugg things up?

No wonder Anderson kicked them off the bus.

MrSharky

Juniors
Dykes > Kimmorley

Better kicking.
Better passing.
Better tackler (not saying much).
More creativity.
Faster.
So much more...

I think some others will agree...

:cool:

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Millers even you will have to concede that great half backs have never been surrounded in so much disharmony, sackings & player club movements.
But most of all, great half backs have never had such a predictable game & poor kicking game.
It seems with you, it always somebody elses fault, never Kimmorleys.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
I don't believe it's about people thinking we are losing a world beater so much as people wanting to know why we are losing players hand over fist. Good players. Seems every year we lose players en masse. Leads to mass recruiting, often when nothing of real quality is available.

This "batch" recruitment has been going on since 2002 now and it clearly doesn't work. It's not providing any stability for the "stayers" and largely the recruits are nuffies or sub nuffies. Not only that but we don't get VFM out of our big names and expensive signings. The 2006 recruits don't do much to enthuse me. One or two might make an impact as expected, perhaps Albert and Ross and we might get a flunkie but does the outgoing match the incoming? I suppose that'll come down to opinion as usual.

I think we have replaced chaff with chaff - not much wheat in what we bought.

Now we have at least one player looking at walking with talk of more to follow and the market is bare.

This is mismanagement at it's peak.

MrSharky

Juniors
millersnose said:
for sure you will get others to agree
however

back here in the real world...

So you're a fan of the inside balls off every play?

What about the 25m drop outs?

The intercept passes?

The short hospital passes?

There are so many things with Noddy's game it's not funny...

Sure, on his day he is an absolute destroyer, but his formula is not premiership formula... This has to change...

:cool:

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Kimmorley lives by an old business rule.
that is 90% of your business, comes from 10% of your customers.
that is 1/10 and about how many plays of his are successful or advantageous to the sharks.
That is why he touches the ball so many times for nothing plays & nothing kicks.

Latest posts