What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

channel nine news: dykes wants out

beekershark

Bench
blacktip-reefy said:
Read my earlier post.
Identify the problem, then come up with a solution.
We purchased the best centre in the game 2 seasons ago.
Now we want to play him permanently at 5/8?

Extremely poignant paragraph reefy.

Perhaps NOW people will understand where I have been coming from the past 2 years in relation to the fish rotting from the head.

So one A.Dykes is leaving eh ? as you reefy and captain and been there and many others have correctly mentioned here in this thread alone, he aint the first and won't be the last. This unsettled atmosphere at the club is not new to this season, not new to this week, it's been around since a little bit before JOhnny Lang left, infact one of the reasons for his departure.

You say identify the problems then come up with a solution ? could NOT agree more, unfortunately it seems passionate fans like yourself and everyone else here are the only ones who have the passion and enthusiasm to DO THAT.

You know my feelings about the elected protected species that are in the POSITION and have the RESPONSIBILITY to " Identify the problem, then come up with a solution"

now, either

1/ They fail to see any problems ( in which case they are idiots and clearly not capable of holding the positions they hold)

OR

2/ See the problems and feel they have managed them correctly and are moving forward( which after 5 years of sh*t, hardly is a good defence, cause nothings changed)

Either way, you know my stance, the one constant among all the variables that has come up with SAME RESULT....needs to be changed itself.

steveb69

Juniors
beekershark said:
Treister
Graham
Best
Dumas
Sullivan
i thought treister, graham and best all got shafted by chris anderson? ..
and dumas has only played 15 game with him.

Inferno

Coach
well of the people that BTR mentioned only Bails and trouble are left. So if I was to take a punt I'd say it would be Bailey that is bailing (excuse the pun) and he would be going to the roosters?

Am I anywhere near the mark?

PJ

First Grade
And he's been mentioned as a possible leaver for months - both here and in the NRL forum from people at the club he is said to be heading to.

Someone Bailing out captain?
I am sure the dogs could use a 5/8

Don't know but I don't see Dykes as Dogs type of player.

Can't say I'm really surprised by this, nor upset.

Surely

Post Whore
So if the problems were around before lang left, why is kimmorely copping a pasting, and who would you replace BK with if he went, is there a better option ? I haven't seen one at this club.

Maybe if we had a dominant forward pack, the halves might actually go ok. The problem with our halves is that they need to do a lot of tackling because some of the forwards won't put in the defensive effort.

i

Smartman

Juniors
Canterbury dont need a 5/8th and espescially Adam Dykes.

He makes more metres running sideways.

The Dogs are happy with Holdsworth and Karawana will come through in the future.

The bulldogs are actually in a better position now because of getting rid of the slow Braith Anasta.

Maybe the sharks will be better off when getting rid of Dykes.

Nullajet

Juniors
this is sad, sad SAD!!!

Remember when this club had players with passion and loyalty and desire......the ET's, the Millers, Hatchs, Peacheys, Dockings, Langs, Treisters of the place???

Now we watch the sh*t fight that is killing this place......

What is really disturbing is the treatment of blokes like Peachey and Dykes who won lower grade premierships with the very coach who is obviously not supporting (or being supported) to those who have true LOVE for the club!!

and I agree it is long beyond time those on the board were changed because they are the ONLY SOLE thing that has rtemained unchanged in our last few seasons of rot!!!!!!!

imasharkie

Coach
Well what a disgrace our club has become. We have one of the best and passionate 5/8 playing for us and because of the treatment thats been handed out to him(and also Peachey) he wants to leave us. What has supercoach bought to Cronulla...answer: total disharmoney. Supercoach was supposed to be the answer to everything CHRIS ANDERSON, well he's don't nothing but cause total upheavel to the club and I don't understand why we have to put up with this.
I cringe when I see him on TV.....he was supposed to be our savour.

imasharkie

Coach
I know everyone thinks I'm a whinger, But I love my sharkies and at the moment everything seems f*ckened.
Why can't things go back to being normal. Raper has farged everything.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Captain Jack Sparrow said:
I'd be looking more to Peewee Moke being the 6. Funny how he is announced the week Dykes asked for a release don't you think.

Maybe Dykes can't see the funny side of it.

Quigs

Immortal
Morning Gunna and all,

To me it is simply, same old sh*t, different season. (2005 two seasons in one - it's a bonus year)

The old saying, "as he points to the scoreboard"

New old saying, "as he points to the trophy cabinet"

I guess that is why god invented alcohol

Cheers
Quigs

Generalzod

Immortal
Remember when this club had players with passion and loyalty and desire......the ET's, the Millers, Hatchs, Peacheys, Dockings, Langs, Treisters of the place???

It's a business now so theres no loyalty..

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Quigs said:
everyone was as pleased as punch to see our 2006 squad named
Not everyone.

So far our huge signing from 3 years ago has brought us
4th (same as previous year)
12th
7th

He himself has gone from Australian halfback to having stamped - never to play Origin again - on his game card.

Is it a 5 year plan now?

Or is just everyone around him ain't good enough?

Including coach, board, trainers, physios, cheerleaders, referees and his origin teammates.

Next year is the year he'll shine, like Bird and Simmons, or was this the year the were "going to show everyone".

They will be our Rep stars next year, it's the year, surely.

Latest posts