What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chants for round 2

Suitman

Post Whore
Robson wasn't at the club and Blake Green and Tim Smith were already gone when he left, you silly old fool. Hodkinson was outplaying Mortimer and Keating in NYC for most of 2007-2008, KK wasn't even cracking the halves. Albert Kelly was about 12 years old and he isn't a halfbacks left nut, so not sure why you mentioned him at all. So out of your vastly exaggerated list, we're left with Finch (who spat the dummy and walked out, leaving us without a genuine halfback IIRC) Keating, Mortimer and Maloney as his competition. In 2008, hell yes I'd have kept Hodkinson....you'd have to be Michael Hagan not to.

Then again, I doubt you ever even saw the kid play between trips to Canberra and FOGS lunches...:roll:

:lol:

Great post. :lol:
Are you from Gotham City? :roll:;-)

Suity

strider

Post Whore
apparently we tried to keep him - i recall it stated on here that he went to manly for the same offer, he just thought there'd be more opportunity there

Bazal

Post Whore
He went to Manly for the same money but a longer deal IIRC...also, they made an approach before Parramatta I believe and (much like Tony Williams) we then made an offer...he felt more wanted by Manly I understand

fish eel

Immortal
He went to Manly for the same money but a longer deal IIRC...also, they made an approach before Parramatta I believe and (much like Tony Williams) we then made an offer...he felt more wanted by Manly I understand

I dont know about the time line in terms of offers, but the kid went down with a season ending knee injury, we offered him a deal early in the season which, for a kid who hadnt played first grade and had a serious knee injury is a pretty good show of confidence.

He just saw greener pastures at Manly. Hardly a case of us 'letting' him go.

Tony Bongo

Bench
After the resounding success your chants were last week I'd thought you would have either given up or thought of better chants.

I do like the Surfin Burt chant though. mmm mow mow mmmmmm mow mow mow mow!

I don't give up that easy. I derive a great deal of pleasure from seeing those who like to criticize others for having a go, especially when they don't have a go themselves, eat their own words.

DaSuperHero2

"Moderator"
Never bagged but some of your supporters here arent taking kindly , so i put it in a lighthearted way to thread starter man , typical parra supporter blames everyone but themselves....
Anyways thread starter man come join the Saints army you can sing all you want :)

parra pete

Referee
:lol:

Great post. :lol:
Are you from Gotham City? :roll:;-)

Suity

Bazal is probably from Disneyland rather than Gotham City. Seems like Goofy to me...

BTW Bazza......I just love those FOGs lunches too........going again this year, can't wait....

parra pete

Referee
I dont know about the time line in terms of offers, but the kid went down with a season ending knee injury, we offered him a deal early in the season which, for a kid who hadnt played first grade and had a serious knee injury is a pretty good show of confidence.

He just saw greener pastures at Manly. Hardly a case of us 'letting' him go.

Has Hodgko made the grade at Manly. He looks like being a good 'un, according to Fawlty.
Bazza wanted the Eels to keep Smithy too..He wanted to retain Hodgko..meaning the Eels would have to let Mortimer or Keating go.
He regards Hodgko as a better deal than Robson, even though he (Trenty) hasn't cracked a first grade spot yet.
Bazza wants to keep the lot. Good on ya Baz..good luck with your Fantasy League, you cranky merkin. :lol:

parra pete

Referee
Goody...Trent is in...and up against Robo..Ex Eel v Ex Sea Eagle. Should be a terrific battle...and I'm looking forward to seeing how Trenty goes. Hope he justifies your faith in him Bazza, you cranky merkin :lol:

Bazal

Post Whore
Well if you bothered to watch the team you supposedly support pete, you'd know that Hodkinson has in fact cracked first grade. I can only assume you're too busy taking important calls from players flocking to play Pie in the Sky, in between lunching with your great League mates....

And I'd love fore you to tell me where exactly I said I'd prefer Hokko over Robbo....I'll be kind and put that little slip down to the onset of senility, rather than thinking you might put words in someones mouth to strengthen your shot to pieces opinion....

parra pete

Referee
Well if you bothered to watch the team you supposedly support pete, you'd know that Hodkinson has in fact cracked first grade. I can only assume you're too busy taking important calls from players flocking to play Pie in the Sky, in between lunching with your great League mates....

And I'd love fore you to tell me where exactly I said I'd prefer Hokko over Robbo....I'll be kind and put that little slip down to the onset of senility, rather than thinking you might put words in someones mouth to strengthen your shot to pieces opinion....

On debut for Manly today. Played well too I'll give him that.
The point I am making is this. If the Eels had kept your mate Smith, they wouldn;t have cash to sign Hodkinson; If they had signed Trennty, they would not have been able to sign Mortimer, If they had signed Hodko they wouldn't be in a position to sign K Keating.

Have them lining up for the Pie in the Sky... btw...and am looking forward to catching up with not only my great League mates, but my great mates also.
Next years trial between the Cavalier All Stars (to be coached by Arthur Beetson) v Hay as a pre-season trial will be the biggest Rugby League event in Southern NSW.
Keep an eye on www.haymagpies.com.au for up to the minute details, you cranky merkin.

parra pete

Referee
Bazal, you should join Boys of League...it's the kids version of Men of League. You could get along there and play with some of your mates from your era..Just the same as I do with the MEN of League blokes from MY era.
It would probably cheer you up a bit too and broaden your views on life, you cranky merkin.

bartman

Immortal
From way over in the south side of the stand, I actually heard the bongos at one quiet point in today's match. If I can hear them from there, chance are the players can hear them - well done Tony. :thumn:

Suitman

Post Whore
From way over in the south side of the stand, I actually heard the bongos at one quiet point in today's match. If I can hear them from there, chance are the players can hear them - well done Tony. :thumn:

Nice comment Bart. I might add though that I saw someone leaving the eastern terrace after the game playing bongos as well, so maybe it was those that you heard.
I was at the north end of the eastern terrace and heard bongos all afternoon, so maybe I was hearing both sets? :lol:
In any case, I think they add to the atmosphere.

Suity

fish eel

Immortal
I was sitting round the halfway mark on the eastern terrace, could here bongos and they sounded pretty close to me but didnt see where they were.

Tony Bongo

Bench
The only bongos were ours. We were playing them to the Manly supporters and their bus on the Eastern side on the way out. I spoke to the players after the match and they heard not only the Bongos but also some of the chants. It's funny how much easier it was to get people to join in when the team started scoring. Success breeds success I guess.

Last edited:

Latest posts