What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charity Shield 2019

rednwhites

Juniors
Kayo Sports for $25 a month is great value. Can watch it on your phone or TV in HD. I've got it set up on Android tv with the Shield but you can chrome cast it too.

It's worked perfectly so far, big test will be when the big games are on. Let's hope I didn't jump the gun getting rid of foxtel

A good option for those interstate who can't get to game like me and don't want to pay a thousand bucks for cable tv.

There is a deal for $5 first month right now with free cancellation through Kayo. Think I will try this.

Crush

Coach
This is what we want to see tonight .........................

634712ec6e118bc2e2f6e2cc0283cc94

15b7f4d1315f405e5362dc6798b94898

huntb-scores-a-try--180424-gp-10.jpg

.........and plenty more please!
I'd love to see those 3 players have blinders tonight. We really need the best out of Ben Hunt. I think with all the talk around Norman and Widdop we have somewhat forgotten about Ben Hunt. This guy was our massive signing. He is our marquee player.
He is on massive money, he should be one of the most dominant players in the NRL on that money.
C'mon Benny, give us a masterclass tonight!

since77

Juniors
Kayo Sports for $25 a month is great value. Can watch it on your phone or TV in HD. I've got it set up on Android tv with the Shield but you can chrome cast it too.

It's worked perfectly so far, big test will be when the big games are on. Let's hope I didn't jump the gun getting rid of foxtel

On Kayo you can also share account with 1 other person - set up profiles like you can on Netflix- so if you share with a friend its only
$12.50 a month. Great value. You can also airplay to your TV unlike the Nrl Live App.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
After a 4:00 am start I have made it as far as Katoomba, just 2 more hours to Mudgee. Thought it best to visit the Carrington Hotel and Hydro Majestic on the way, to admire the view of course!

My friends in Mudgee are saying the town are indeed a welcoming bunch.

"WELCOME TO DRAGON TOWN"
and
"MUDGEE, THE WEMBLEY OF THE WEST"

since77

Juniors
After a 4:00 am start I have made it as far as Katoomba, just 2 more hours to Mudgee. Thought it best to visit the Carrington Hotel and Hydro Majestic on the way, to admire the view of course!

My friends in Mudgee are saying the town are indeed a welcoming bunch.

"WELCOME TO DRAGON TOWN"
and
"MUDGEE, THE WEMBLEY OF THE WEST"

Hey Willow, you’re in my neck of the woods! If you’re at the Carrington, take a quick stroll down to the station bar - they have an awesome alcoholic ginger beer on tap.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Hey Willow, you’re in my neck of the woods! If you’re at the Carrington, take a quick stroll down to the station bar - they have an awesome alcoholic ginger beer on tap.
Thanks for the tip, might give the Station a go on our way out on Monday.

Carrington is a splendid old hotel but not snobby.

Unfortunately I just discovered that the Hydro Majestic really sucks. it used to be excellent 20+ yeats ago. That is, before they renovated the place.

Decided to spend our lunch money in the next town.

ALSGI

Bench
I'd love to see those 3 players have blinders tonight. We really need the best out of Ben Hunt. I think with all the talk around Norman and Widdop we have somewhat forgotten about Ben Hunt. This guy was our massive signing. He is our marquee player.
He is on massive money, he should be one of the most dominant players in the NRL on that money.
C'mon Benny, give us a masterclass tonight!
Crush, I think Hunt being quiet is a good thing.

As for Hunt’s $1m pa Milward has said “it’s no where near that”. I have no problem believing that’s the case. The million dollar man title is getting tired especially when it’s not true.

I reckon Widdop would be on more money than Hunt and it’s pretty well reported that Norman is receiving $950k this year (thanks to Parra).

If anyone needs to earn his massive money it’s Norman.

ALSGI

Bench
I’m pretty excited about this year and more excited about a Charity Shield than I have been in years.

Points of interest for me are the Battle of Britain, stopping Cook and seeing if Field, Rava, Timm, Kerr still have fire in their bellies.

The rest, I’m not expecting much from - it’s a trial - happy to see them go through the motions and keep their powder dry for the start of the comp, Townsville, Bunnies again and Brisbane for Korbin’s first real game.

Go you mighties!

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Brace yourself for disappointment... the late mail is here.

NRL team: Westfund Charity Shield v Rabbitohs

1. Gareth Widdop (c)
2. Jordan Pereira
3. Euan Aitken
4. Tim Lafai
5. Zac Lomax
6. Corey Norman
7. Ben Hunt
8. James Graham
9. Cameron McInnes
10. Paul Vaughan
11. Jacob Host
12. Tariq Sims
13. Tyson Frizell

Interchange:

14. Jeremy Latimore
15. Matt Dufty
16. Blake Lawrie
17. Luciano Leilua
18. Mikaele Ravalawa
19. Reece Robson
20. Lachlan Timm
21. Josh Kerr
22. Jai Field
23. Korbin Sims

possm

Coach

1. Gareth Widdop (c)
2. Jordan Pereira
3. Euan Aitken
4. Tim Lafai
5. Zac Lomax
6. Corey Norman
7. Ben Hunt
8. James Graham
9. Cameron McInnes
10. Paul Vaughan
11. Jacob Host
12. Tariq Sims
13. Tyson Frizell

Interchange:

14. Jeremy Latimore
15. Matt Dufty
16. Blake Lawrie
17. Luciano Leilua
18. Mikaele Ravalawa
19. Reece Robson
20. Lachlan Timm
21. Josh Kerr
22. Jai Field
23. Korbin Sims

And they're talking about extending Mary's contract. What a joke!

1. Gareth Widdop (c)
2. Jordan Pereira
3. Euan Aitken
4. Tim Lafai
5. Zac Lomax
6. Corey Norman
7. Ben Hunt
8. James Graham
9. Cameron McInnes
10. Paul Vaughan
11. Jacob Host
12. Tariq Sims
13. Tyson Frizell

Interchange:

14. Jeremy Latimore
15. Matt Dufty
16. Blake Lawrie
17. Luciano Leilua
18. Mikaele Ravalawa
19. Reece Robson
20. Lachlan Timm
21. Josh Kerr
22. Jai Field
23. Korbin Sims

Nothing earth shattering with this line up.

Most forum members would have predicted Mary would pick this side.

The fact that many of us disagree with Mary’s team selection is nothing new.

The incumbents will only lose their positions due to injury.

Hope the team has a blinder, and Mary proves to be more astute at selecting the team than the majority of us.

Latest posts