What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charity Shield 2023 vs Souths

DfL

Juniors
You think so ? NLT's work rate in attack and defence was higher than BMM's I thought. He wasn't out there long, 12 tackles, most metres per run of any forward and more tackle breaks and pcms than any other forward including Lawrie. I'd love to see him on our bench. It will take him a few games to get used to NRL pace but worth it I think. Hope he goes well against the Bunnies, that'll be the test, get him on while Souths still have their best forwards on the park, see how he goes. The Molo's better step up or NLT could push them both out of the 17 (if we go with JDB + Lawrie as starting props).
Yeah i'm with you on that idk maybe i have to rewatch the game but from what i saw and stats suggest he'd be rather good for us. 12 tackles and one missed isn't the worst thing. Sure he can get more tackles in but we also have to realise he was playing q cup last year and won Q cup forward of the year. He will get used to the pace quick i reckon.

DfL

Juniors
Numbers look good, no doubt. But there was plenty of times he couldn't get onside and he left a few holes in the line. Was not even in a position to even miss tackles.

Fair call about him getting used to NRL pace, but till then he is, for me, a liability in the middle defensively.

But ball in hand we definitely need a guy that carry the ball like him.
I get your point! The way i see it, we have way too many liabilities anyways so may as well put someone in there that will come good by mid season. He does have bull dosing runs hey

Iron Mike

Juniors
1. Lomax
2. Katoa
3. Matt Fegai
4. Suli
5. Ravalawa
6. Sullivan
7. Hunt
8. F Molo
9. Liddle
10. De Belin
11. Bird
12. Su'A
13. BMM
14. Mbe
15. Lawrie
16. Toso
17. M Molo

Then add in some youngers to have a go.
Bird is not suited to S Row. Todays Second Rowers need to run a hard front man play which is not Birds go. He is more of a ball playing lock similar to Cam Murray or Victor Radley

Old Timer

Coach
You think so ? NLT's work rate in attack and defence was higher than BMM's I thought. He wasn't out there long, 12 tackles, most metres per run of any forward and more tackle breaks and pcms than any other forward including Lawrie. I'd love to see him on our bench. It will take him a few games to get used to NRL pace but worth it I think. Hope he goes well against the Bunnies, that'll be the test, get him on while Souths still have their best forwards on the park, see how he goes. The Molo's better step up or NLT could push them both out of the 17 (if we go with JDB + Lawrie as starting props).
Some people just see it differently.

I thought his defence was actually very good for his 1st game in the top grade.

Much better than Burns or J Hunt.

All the wax lyricals for Blocker who will never manage to average more than 7.5 - 8 metres per run at best and despite all his big shots has poor 1st engagement in tackles.

I think NLT will prove very handy indeed and he has a chance to actually turn a game which Blocker will never do.

randomdragon

Juniors
Some people just see it differently.

I thought his defence was actually very good for his 1st game in the top grade.

Much better than Burns or J Hunt.

All the wax lyricals for Blocker who will never manage to average more than 7.5 - 8 metres per run at best and despite all his big shots has poor 1st engagement in tackles.

I think NLT will prove very handy indeed and he has a chance to actually turn a game which Blocker will never do.
Respectfully disagree mate. Lawrie has gotten better each year and is coming into his prime. NLT had an alright game against an English team

Dragon David

First Grade
Teams for 2023 Charity Shield - Dragons v Rabbitohs.

St George Illawarra Dragons v South Sydney Rabbitohs, 3:30pm AEDT at Glen Willow Regional Stadium, Mudgee

Dragons team:
1. Tyrell Sloan 2. Mathew Feagai 3. Moses Suli 4. Zac Lomax 5. Mikaele Ravalawa 6. Moses Mbye 7. Ben Hunt 8. Zane Musgrove 9. Jacob Liddle 10. Blake Lawrie 11. Ben Murdoch-Masila 12. Jaydn Su’A 13. Billy Burns 14. Jayden Sullivan 15. Francis Molo 16. Josh Kerr 17. Aaron Woods 18. Tyrell Fuimaono 19. Max Feagai 20. Tautau Moga 21. Michael Molo 22. Dan Russell 23. Jaiyden Hunt 24. Treigh Stewart

Rabbitohs team: 1. Latrell Mitchell 2. Alex Johnston 3. Isaiah Tass 4. Campbell Graham 5. Izaac Thompson 6. Cody Walker 7. Lachlan Ilias 8. Tevita Tatola 9. Damien Cook 10. Thomas Burgess 11. Keaon Koloamatangi 12. Jai Arrow 13. Cameron Murray 14. Blake Taaffe 15. Peter Mamouzelos 16. Jacob Host 17. Shaq Mitchell 18. Josiah Karapani 19. Terrell Kalo Kalo 20. Ben Lovett 21. Davvy Moale 22. Thomas Fletcher 23. Richard Kennar 24. Michael Chee Kam

DfL

Juniors

St George Illawarra Dragons v South Sydney Rabbitohs, 3:30pm AEDT at Glen Willow Regional Stadium, Mudgee

Dragons team:
1. Tyrell Sloan 2. Mathew Feagai 3. Moses Suli 4. Zac Lomax 5. Mikaele Ravalawa 6. Moses Mbye 7. Ben Hunt 8. Zane Musgrove 9. Jacob Liddle 10. Blake Lawrie 11. Ben Murdoch-Masila 12. Jaydn Su’A 13. Billy Burns 14. Jayden Sullivan 15. Francis Molo 16. Josh Kerr 17. Aaron Woods 18. Tyrell Fuimaono 19. Max Feagai 20. Tautau Moga 21. Michael Molo 22. Dan Russell 23. Jaiyden Hunt 24. Treigh Stewart

Rabbitohs team: 1. Latrell Mitchell 2. Alex Johnston 3. Isaiah Tass 4. Campbell Graham 5. Izaac Thompson 6. Cody Walker 7. Lachlan Ilias 8. Tevita Tatola 9. Damien Cook 10. Thomas Burgess 11. Keaon Koloamatangi 12. Jai Arrow 13. Cameron Murray 14. Blake Taaffe 15. Peter Mamouzelos 16. Jacob Host 17. Shaq Mitchell 18. Josiah Karapani 19. Terrell Kalo Kalo 20. Ben Lovett 21. Davvy Moale 22. Thomas Fletcher 23. Richard Kennar 24. Michael Chee Kam
I really wanted to see the couchman brothers somewhere in there too. They were excellent!

kit66

Bench

Dragons team:

Hook must have missed the Indigenous vs Maori game - how the hell does Fuimaono get a jersey ahead of NLT or T.Couchman or anyone for that matter, he was diabolical. I wouldn't bother trialling Stewart again, he's obviously not ready for first grade and same with JHunt he's a reserve grader and back up only in a crisis, nothing more. I want to see more of (if they are eligible to play 1st grade this year), Egan, TCouchman, Coric and possibly Tamale and the Finau brother who plays wing/centre.
I'm happy to give Burns more time to prove himself but not at Lock, he's not the one for the 13 jersey, I can only see disaster ahead with that move.
For mine Lui Toso earned a run against the Bunnies.

DfL

Juniors
Hook must have missed the Indigenous vs Maori game - how the hell does Fuimaono get a jersey ahead of NLT or T.Couchman or anyone for that matter, he was diabolical. I wouldn't bother trialling Stewart again, he's obviously not ready for first grade and same with JHunt he's a reserve grader and back up only in a crisis, nothing more. I want to see more of (if they are eligible to play 1st grade this year), Egan, TCouchman, Coric and possibly Tamale and the Finau brother who plays wing/centre.
I'm happy to give Burns more time to prove himself but not at Lock, he's not the one for the 13 jersey, I can only see disaster ahead with that move.

I agree with you 100%

I'm assuming there is a reserve grade game before the main game at Mudgee. The idea might be to give some of the young players some more game time together in that game. In saying that I would have to agree with your post, finally some young up and coming players to be excited about and they get left out :rolleyes:

hook hook

Juniors
Sullivan better still not be at 100%. If Peter griffin throws Mbye ahead of him he will leave

why billy burns in lock ? Id like to feel positive and think there is a reason the coach is doing this but I know by now there is no reason in most things he does
what the f*ck is hook thinking