What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charity Shield 2023 vs Souths

Old Timer

Coach
Sullivan better still not be at 100%. If Peter griffin throws Mbye ahead of him he will leave

why billy burns in lock ? Id like to feel positive and think there is a reason the coach is doing this but I know by now there is no reason in most things he does
what the f*ck is hook thinking
If you want Sullivan to be ready to go rd 2 best you don’t rush him into the starting line up of a trial. Let the sting come out of the game and ease him in.

De Belin is not playing the trial.
I wouldn’t have picked Burns myself but someone had to wear the 13 jumper.

st.phil

Bench
If you want Sullivan to be ready to go rd 2 best you don’t rush him into the starting line up of a trial. Let the sting come out of the game and ease him in.

De Belin is not playing the trial.
I wouldn’t have picked Burns myself but someone had to wear the 13 jumper.
my gut says Hook will have Bud in Reggie’s min 4 weeks to see get him match fit. He ain’t no risk taker

SaintPeter

Juniors
Sorry abut this topic being off thread, but I'm a Red V member' and last Tuesday, 7 Feb, I received the Team List email re the St Helens game which included a reference to the ANZAC Day pre sale for members (with the code etc etc). Being that they would send another email soon (Wednesday 9 Feb at 3pm) with the purchase information.
However, I never received the ANZAC day (ticket info) email and have been chasing the club since.
Finally got hold of someone today and bought my tickets.
Just wondering if anyone else has had trouble receiving emails from the Red V team ??.

qld redvee

Juniors
Hook must have missed the Indigenous vs Maori game - how the hell does Fuimaono get a jersey ahead of NLT or T.Couchman or anyone for that matter, he was diabolical. I wouldn't bother trialling Stewart again, he's obviously not ready for first grade and same with JHunt he's a reserve grader and back up only in a crisis, nothing more. I want to see more of (if they are eligible to play 1st grade this year), Egan, TCouchman, Coric and possibly Tamale and the Finau brother who plays wing/centre.
I'm happy to give Burns more time to prove himself but not at Lock, he's not the one for the 13 jersey, I can only see disaster ahead with that move.
For mine Lui Toso earned a run against the Bunnies.
and last week we had hookers everywhere on the paddock this week you would hope mbye is the back up hooker .
I would have had russell ahead of Fui also .. just hope we have a better game plan than 5 up and kick to the fullback !!!! I also hope that if fui J hunt and even woods dont shine then they all get long stints in reserve grade and we get selections based on form this is where young kids like couchman etc can shine

Dragons team: 1. Tyrell Sloan 2. Mathew Feagai 3. Moses Suli 4. Zac Lomax 5. Mikaele Ravalawa 6. Jayden Sullivan 7. Ben Hunt 8. Zane Musgrove 9. Jacob Liddle 10. Blake Lawrie 11. Ben Murdoch-Masila 12. Jaydn Su’A 13. Billy Burns 14. Francis Molo 15. Josh Kerr 16. Aaron Woods 17. Dan Russell. 18. Toby Couchman 19. Dylan Egan 20. Ryan Couchman 21. Max Fegai 22. Josh Coric

Jeremy Dragon

Juniors
Dragons team: 1. Tyrell Sloan 2. Mathew Feagai 3. Moses Suli 4. Zac Lomax 5. Mikaele Ravalawa 6. Jayden Sullivan 7. Ben Hunt 8. Zane Musgrove 9. Jacob Liddle 10. Blake Lawrie 11. Ben Murdoch-Masila 12. Jaydn Su’A 13. Billy Burns 14. Francis Molo 15. Josh Kerr 16. Aaron Woods 17. Dan Russell. 18. Toby Couchman 19. Dylan Egan 20. Ryan Couchman 21. Max Fegai 22. Josh Coric
That's not right

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
Gates will now open from 1:50pm, with the NSW Cup trial to kick off at 2:05pm and the NRL clash now kicking off at 4:20pm.

Dragons NRL Charity Shield team v South Sydney Rabbitohs
Glen Willow Oval, Mudgee
Saturday 18th February - 3.30pm
Tyrell Sloan
Mathew Feagai
Moses Suli
Zac Lomax
Mikaele Ravalawa
Moses Mbye
Ben Hunt
Zane Musgrove
Jacob Liddle
Blake Lawrie
Ben Murdoch-Masila
Jaydn Su'A
Billy Burns
Interchange:
14. Jayden Sullivan
15. Francis Molo
16. Josh Kerr
17. Aaron Woods
18. Tyrell Fuimaono
19. Max Feagai
20. Tautau Moga
21. Michael Molo
22. Dan Russell
23. Jaiyden Hunt
24. Treigh Stewart
25 Dylan Egan
26. Savelio Tamale

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
I can see the The Rabbitohs’ NSW Cup squad for Saturday’s trial match against the Dragons but I can't find our team list online yet

1. Terrell Kalo Kalo

2. Leon Te Hau

3. Leonard Skelton

4. Jacob Gagai

5. Thomas Carr (c)

6. Shannon Gardiner

7. Jarrett Subloo

8. Hugo Patterson

9. Peter Mamouzelos

10. Brock Gray

11. Michael Chee Kam

12. Ethan O’Neill

13. Tallis Duncan

Interchange:

14. Zac Makelim

15. Bayleigh Bentley-Hape

16. Yileen Gordon

17. Maila Chanfoon

18. Tyson Hodge

19. Thomas Giles

20. Chase Chapman

21. D’Arcy Hardman

22. Kurt Lovett

Coach – Joe O’Callaghan

Victoire

Juniors
Rabbitohs team: 1. Latrell Mitchell 2. Alex Johnston 3. Isaiah Tass 4. Campbell Graham 5. Izaac Thompson 6. Cody Walker 7. Lachlan Ilias 8. Tevita Tatola 9. Damien Cook 10. Thomas Burgess 11. Keaon Koloamatangi 12. Jai Arrow 13. Cameron Murray 14. Blake Taaffe 15. Peter Mamouzelos 16. Jacob Host 17. Shaq Mitchell 18. Josiah Karapani 19. Terrell Kalo Kalo 20. Ben Lovett 21. Davvy Moale 22. Thomas Fletcher 23. Richard Kennar 24. Michael Chee Kam
That Rabbitohs forward pack... wow. With Cody and Latrell operating off the back of it. Injury-free that's a grand final calibre side once again

justadragon

Bench
once again the season hasnt even started and I'm seeing selections that dont make sense, I promised myself that I would bide my time until I see the R2 selections and give Hook the benefit of doubt in the CS, lets hope all the coaches have a plan.

twinkletoes

Juniors
Sullivan on the bench.
Mbye 5/8.
Absolute Crap.
If Sullivan is fully fit he should be 5/8 if he isn't he should not be playing.
Everyone at the club seems to want to keep Sullivan in cotton wool...is he that fragile that we have to nurse him all the way through a season. If he's fit play him, he needs to get game hardened..if he gets injured again so be it, because at the moment we are not getting any value from him even though he's been around the squad for a couple of seasons...albeit the coach has not given him many opportunities. If he is that injury prone best to find out now and plan around that...there are many young players his age who have been in first grade for some time and play consistently at that level...

Victoire

Juniors
They don't make coaches like Roy Masters anymore do they...

In his first year as head coach of St George, Roy Masters inherited a side that had won just 11 games in ’81 and finished behind the Bunnies on the ladder, but that wasn’t going to stop him talking up the Red V.

“We’ll beat Souths for sure,” Masters said, despite the form guide showing a loss to Easts in a trial earlier in the week.