What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chaser team target group sex scandal

Thomas

First Grade
I'm not a fan of 'cringy' humour. Its easy to do...I mean...a remote controlled blimp with "free little boy" on it circling the Vatican isn't groundbreaking humour.

I did love the skit about the Shore Rowing Shed though. Mmmmm good satire.

And yes, I'm with EA...they seem to be a bad rip off of the Late Show/D-Gen

Joker's Wild

Coach
Well they were painting our club in a bad light pal.
Think of it this way, our club is on the brink, news reporters are reporting front page 'stories' that didnt actually happen then these guys go and do the whole footy show thing in Sharks jerseys, then they go to the Sharks club with a 'delivery' and then they jump in the ground announcers box. If you were at the game you would have known that they wernt over the PA for that long, Go back and look at the episode again, when they put in the last bit they are just showing pictures of the ground.

:lol: Tissue?

meh, saw one sketch a few years ago, they looked like a poor man's D Generation/The Late Show so I never bothered again.

Yeah I always thought they owed a lot to D Gen but they're still pretty funny. Last night wasn't their best but I had no problems with the Cronulla jokes. The PA stuff was funny and some of the crowd looked like they were smiling. Christ, if they could take it some of the members on here should too.

Last edited:

The Tank

Bench
Just watched online... I thought their ribbing of the Sharks was pretty tame TBH... pretty decent episode overall. The Footy Show bit made me smile...

The Business

Juniors
I thought it was hilarious.

People need to chill out a little. Let's face it, there's a lot of opportunities for people to take the p!ss out of rugby league right now.

Thomas

First Grade
Actually yeah, the Billy Connolly skit was quite amusing.

Possibly the best impersonation of Billy I have heard in a while.

Isss brilllllliant!

sportive cupid

Referee
As probably the best satirical team in Australia at the moment The Chaser guys did have a huge reputation to fill last night and they were bound to not come right up there on the first night back.

Satire that holds no bars will always appear "not funny" to those close to the topic who are feeling a bit vulnerable.Just the nature of the beast.

Eels Dude

Coach
I still enjoyed the show, but it was nowhere near the quality it was 2 years ago. A lot of the pranks seemed to miss their mark. The blimp thing which made the papers, was hardly worth the effort. The Cronulla pranks were the funnier ones on last night's show.

Coastie

Juniors
cheap shot...the PA stunt was at least funny, the footy show bit not so much

Oh come on it's satire, and probably aimed at the whole "league culture" thing weirdly used as a defense in some corners, I'm blaming Roy Masters for that one.

BWNB

First Grade
Ill either boycott the show if they do another ep on the sharks and once they do ill never watch the ABC again for them kicking us when were down. It was unaustralian. They should take the A out of the ABC.

Raider_69

Post Whore
I must say im a big fan of the chaser but i thought last nights show lacked abit, they seem to be running out of ideas, which is a shame, because they are f**king hilarious.
We'll see how the rest of the series goes but the first show didnt have the same punch previous shows had.

Latest posts