What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cheap Shot Mason

deluded pom?

Coach
According to the U.K. "newspaper" The Sun , Fielden said to Mason "You Aussie merkin" . Mason replied with " You f*cking Pommie f*ckwit " Then the fist flew and it was good night Stuart. It's easy to see why Mason felled Fielden after the British prop used the ultimate heinous insult to throw at Mason. Mason obviously took exception to being called an Aussie, then again who wouldn't ;-)

PRIDEOFLIONS

Juniors
deluded pom? said:
According to the U.K. "newspaper" The Sun , Fielden said to Mason "You Aussie merkin" . Mason replied with " You f*cking Pommie f*ckwit " Then the fist flew and it was good night Stuart. It's easy to see why Mason felled Fielden after the British prop used the ultimate heinous insult to throw at Mason. Mason obviously took exception to being called an Aussie, then again who wouldn't ;-)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

borntoride

Juniors
I hear butter fingers has been attending John Hopoate's "Iron Man" classes ever since Kidwell sent him back to the sheds. Hoppa says he's learning quick he's already got the technique for taking out players late off the ball down pat. His excuses and claims that it's all been a shock for him and the punishment was too harsh, the games gone soft guv. Well good ol` Hoppa taught him that. The only thing left for willy is the old finger up the bottom trick, Hoppa's speciality party piece, Willie's already lubed his fingers in anticipation. Thats why he dropped a perfect pass 15 yards out from the line. Too much lube butter fingers!:crazy:

carlnz said:
Who was it? And what was John Thurston doing too:shock: I do recall everybody throwing punches unlike Cheap Shot Willy.

If Thurston threw a punch from behind, then he too is guilty of a cheap shot. It seems as though you dont consider attacking a bloke from behind is a low act.

carlnz said:
Face it he went for it at no stage did Fielding look like he was going to throw one , guilty as charged. It was cheap shot because he was not going to fight mason.......both fools got what they deserved, knocked out and suspended.

And Cheap Shot Mason should keep his mouth shut in future about cheap shots when he got knocked the f**k out from a straight on charge from Kidwell. Yet you dont see kidwell running his mouth off, even King said it wasent a cheap shot...

And IMO the elbow to the head on Sean Long has been the biggest Cheap Shot on the Tri Series so far...........

The funny thing is he is being tipped as the next leader of the Roos, yet he has no leadership about him. Maybe in the NRL, but International footy? nah he is better when he shuts his mouth and plays hard and fair. Well thats my opinion anyways...im just a Kiwi enjoying the Poms and Roos smash each other. Cant wait for the Brisbane match:crazy:

Blah Blah Blah.

The positive thing out of this is we've got a player that others love to hate. For so long Test Match, and even Origins, have lacked the villians that make fans blood boil. Onya Willie...

Carl - are you bitter that he didnt choose to represent NZ - after all his great grandmother was a kiwi...

JoeD

First Grade
The positive thing out of this is we've got a player that others love to hate. For so long Test Match, and even Origins, have lacked the villians that make fans blood boil. Onya Willie...
Totally agree - without mason this series would not have been nearly as entertaining.

gregstar

Referee
no.. no.. no.. fielding was just drawing his closed hand back to pick some flowers for willie.

carlnz

Bench
Nathan B said:
You obviously haven't seen this...

http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/5069/masonownsfieldennewfn9.gif

So now that you're suitably embarrassed, do you want to shut the f*ck up about this incident?

Why its not me that got knocked out or suspended...and that proves nothing his hand is not cocked at all:sarcasm:

What a cheap shot thanks for the link, can show everybody the Cheap Shot Mason. Now i just need the one of the elbow to the half backs head, to complete cheap shot mason.

carlnz

Bench
Bring back John Fifita said:
Carl - are you bitter that he didnt choose to represent NZ - after all his great grandmother was a kiwi...

No I’m not bitter at all, I’m only guttered that the spineless fool played for Tonga then cheapened their jumper and left them behind. I have no respect for people who do this and yes I know some kiwi players have done this.

Then he goes on about all that crap about pride and poo but he is Kiwi born and has played for Tonga before Aussie. Just add that to the file of cheap shot mason, right under the “I need mummy to tell the world I have a ADD problem or what ever to get everybody off my back”:sarcasm: but before the i got busted doing drugs file.

In fact I think you might find his Great Grand mother could be Tongan....:(

Micistm

Bench
I'm not bitter, I just find it all one big Lol at what a bunch of hypocrites Aussie league is. From Mason, whinging about cheap shots...haven't heard much since. From Stuart either.
And he still should have got much more than he did. But the Aussie run judicery (Call it international if you like, but that's a joke) were smart enough to put him up on the charge they knew he'd only get one match for, while dismissing the far worse Mason antic.
Still, as well as giving the Kiwis & GBs a good laugh- I'm sure both teams, whichever makes the final, will be looking forward to welcoming Mason back after his suspension. Then, we'll all see how 'tough' the guy is. Unless he does another spot of creative self defense (Take them out while they're still five minutes away from possibly thinking about it), you feel the guys a marked man. I look forward to it. Aucklander? You can have the stupid ****!

ShadesOfTheSun

Juniors
Carlnz: The animated GIF shows quite clearly that Fielden drew his fist back before Mason hit him. If someone on the street grabbed me by the shirt and did the same thing, I'd expect him to try to punch me.

I usually despise Mason, and cheer against the Bulldogs every time they play largely because he plays for them (and yes, I cheered when he got decked by Kidwell), but his defense in this instance seems a valid one. Especially since Fielden supposedly threatened to punch Mason - a claim of Mason's that nobody in the GB side has attempted to deny.

carlnz

Bench
ShadesOfTheSun said:
Carlnz: The animated GIF shows quite clearly that Fielden drew his fist back before Mason hit him. If someone on the street grabbed me by the shirt and did the same thing, I'd expect him to try to punch me.

I usually despise Mason, and cheer against the Bulldogs every time they play largely because he plays for them (and yes, I cheered when he got decked by Kidwell), but his defense in this instance seems a valid one. Especially since Fielden supposedly threatened to punch Mason - a claim of Mason's that nobody in the GB side has attempted to deny.

Hmmmmm his defense was as good as his ADD (or what ever it was), hence why he got suspended:p

Nearly at 300 posts for this thread :)

ShadesOfTheSun

Juniors
He got suspended because the judiciary had issues with the proportionality of the response, not with the claim of self defense. Like I said, if I had a heated argument with someone, and they then pushed me, grabbed me by the shirt and drew a hand back, I'd expect them to try to hit me. Most people would, I think, try to take steps to avoid that happening.

mattyg

Bench
Rocco said:
If you have Mason or O'Meley playing for your team, you are guaranteed to lose.

Invalid, because we won game 1 with both of them in the team, and the Bulldogs have won countless games over the last few years with both of them, including the 04 GF. Your trolling attempts are getting beyond stupid. ;-)

mxlegend99

Referee
Rocco said:
If you have Mason or O'Meley playing for your team, you are guaranteed to lose.
:lol:

If you have 2 of the best forwards in the game, you're guaranteed to lose? Is that because you are only choosing 2 players to take on 17?

When selecting an Australian side... Mason is a player who HAS to be in it if he is fit/not suspended. When he is in-form, he can destroy the opponents teams. When he is having a bad game, he still makes the game entertaining.

Latest posts