What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cheers nutts !

bon voyage big(ish) fella

an absolute legend what a goer. happy for him to have got a run in origin too, couldn't have deserved it more. i'm sure we'll miss him in more ways than one

all the best back up north. say hi to peach for us !

MightySharks

Bench
I lived two doors down from him in Caringbah, good bloke but I'm pissed off he is leaving no matter who is at fault.

Bookie

Juniors
as a sharks fan and a queeslander, thanks nuts. deadset legend, and the one man who we knew wouldnt put a foot wrong. all the best to him

Special K

Coach
Nutley gave everything he had for our club and our jersey. He came to us as a bloke in his late 20s without a name. He made a name and a impact for us and for his state in that last game. His hit up from the drop out will be used in origin highlights for years.

He was a great leader and captain - who can forget the look on his face when he dropped the f bomb on fox?

That said he had a horror run with penalties and drop balls but he always put in for us and leaves a hole that we won't see fixed for a few years.

i_Luv_Birdie

Juniors
he wll be dearly missed...he played great week in week out...and this past year he has really worked on his game but not giving away as many penalites... wish him the best and do hope that he does well...and that we dont strugle to much without him!

Thomo.

First Grade
good luck nuts. you are only doing whats best for your family and future.

a true legend in my mind. nice bloke, always got time to talk.:thumb

Oh Danny boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling
From glen to glen and down the mountain side
The summer’s gone, and all the roses falling
It’s you, it’s you must go and I must bide

But come ye back when summer’s in the meadow
Or when the valley’s hushed and white with snow
It’s I’ll be here in sunshine, or in shadow
Oh Danny boy, oh Danny boy, I love you so

:);-)

Booyah

Bench
Nutters - the little bloke gave 100% every single week. There's no doubt he'll be sorely missed next year.

My favourite Nutley memory is him absolutely smashing Matt Parsons. Nuts gave away about 10ft and 100kg difference to Parsons, but still managed to get the big fella airbourne.

Then he got up off the ground.

What an animal.

White Poiner

Coach
Danny good luck in england... Now cronulla are fucked again.

Great player.... I reckon he was easily our best this year.

A massive improving player since he came to cronulla from england.

I will miss you.... Thomo is not fit to clean your boots, let alone play in your position. :(

Special K

Coach
White Poiner said:
Danny good luck in england... Now cronulla are fucked again.

Great player.... I reckon he was easily our best this year.

A massive improving player since he came to cronulla from england.

I will miss you.... Thomo is not fit to clean your boots, let alone play in your position. :(
Jason Stevens and Paul Gallen had stronger years(imo) then Nutley but that is not to take away from Nuts. That said he did win player of the year this year

2005_Players_Presentation.jpg

I can't remember what game its was this year, but the opposition winger had made a break (intercept ?) about 50m out, the only bugger who chased him was Nuts, and he chased all the way to the try line.

If you look up passion in the Macquarie dictionary it should say "See Danny Nutley"

White Poiner

Coach
OMG i forgot about Gallen.

Well 2nd best then.

Stevo didnt play enough games to convince me.... But he was way up there.

Gawd loo loo looks like a scary merkin....What a legend. Prop next year?

tribeca

Juniors
What about Nutley going off against Withers @ Canberra.

Haven't seen a Raider fake injury for a penalty since.

Go Nuts.

Inferno

Coach
Sad to see him go, without a doubt showed the most ticker out of any shark in a long time. Almost every crap game we had (and there were many) He was almost always our best and never went missing when the chips were down.

I wish him all the best and hope he carves it up over there. Thanks for all the good memories Nuts.

Dirk Titan

Juniors
My favorite Nuts memory of last year was watching him at state of origin.
Both playing and after the game. Inspiring watching someone achieve a dream. Shows you what you can do in life with the right attitude. Once again inspiring!

gavin_miller

Juniors
I must say I will never forget seeing him down on his haunches after we lost in 02 to NZ in the prelim gf. He was deadset in tears and one of the few I noticed to be as gutted as the fans. And he was awesome in origin this year. I still wish he would see out his contract but this is all positive on this thread so no complaining...kill them in the uk mate