What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GAME DAY vs PANFERS Official thread. Not that post whore's 8.52pm thread the previous day, what's that rubbish!!!

Now is the time for the village to eat, drink, dance and be merry as we have no more worries, doubts and over reaching expectations.

Always remember a man's reach should not exceed his grasp.

I for one am really looking forward to quiet weekends without the stress. It will be just like twenty bye rounds in a row. Now how good is that?

Be grateful heathens, be grateful.
Here's me playing bass and a pretty decent guitarist, Brad Shephard from the Hoodoo Gurus, playing lead and backing vocals.
I'm pretty much done for the night.

Chimp

Bench
We did everything we needed to in order to be ‘in the game’ and earned ourselves plenty of opportunities. Worked our asses off in defence, made our yards, but we just lacked the quality and killer instinct when the opportunities came up.
Played far too lateral in attack - Luai and Cleary go straight forward with their first few steps, they look a real threat, Nicho in particular looks scared of heavy contact at the moment - there was no pace to his runs when he did take the line on.
We lacked the creative quality and a bit of ‘zip’.
Not a million miles away, and an effort they can be proud of in the main.
Penrith are ridiculously good - their defence is terrific, their fitness sets them apart from everyone, and then they’ve got Cleary. We did well just to compete, but that’s a real loser attitude.

Craigshark

First Grade
It feels like we are pre 2016 again.. not ruthless and just happy to be there or there abouts.. we did enough to jag a win tonight. Every time we earned an opportunity, we blew it through a shit error or a third tackle panic kick.

penrith were probably a bit off tonight, but having watched them and the storm both live, I think the storm will get them.

We talked up our attack all year it collapsed in the finals, we could not compete in 2nd half a.
This ball in play will work again failed.
The squad needs overhaul, we talk about our back 5 but when under pressure fail.
Ronaldo again tonight where was he, more experience than his opposition but failed to measure up.
There is a few players we need to move on

And people will say they have more experience than us.
When they won in 2021 they had very limited experience and still won.
Our players have had more then enough time to improve.
Kennedy has peaked, move on

sladden road

Juniors
W
Both half’s where very poor
Penrith and Easts will be weaker. If the Sharks can learn the lessons and build on them, there is an opportunity to go deeper.

Big challenges for Fitz to get them right. How he solves the Hynes issue is where he will earn his coin. Need more from the middles. Toby has improved. OK needs to go to another level. Tuks looks to be a great power athlete for the Hunt role.
It’s the Hynes issue, all day long.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Great evening out regardless of the result.
No Im not meds. As a fan, it wasn’t bad experience. No Fox flogs or CH9zzz
All Nicos fault…. ? Fugg me. They fall away from the plan and get lost. The dropped balls absolutely inexcusable. Frustrating as they possibly had a decent crack at them, but they could have just been toying with us. Hard to know.
Royce enjoy your healthy payday big fella.

Last edited:

R-15-3

Bench
Playing Sifa at Center was a mistake, he was gassed after 5 min and the finger in the eye just made it worse.
Even when 100% he isn’t an option anymore imo.

He should lose his utility tag and focus solely on a roll in the middle.

Fitz made the wrong call a number of weeks ago when he played DA on the wing then Center.
That was the time to roll the dice on a different plan.

This years competition has been poor at best.
2 good teams
15 poor to average teams, just making up the numbers.
What do we have to celebrate that is and the Roosters are top of the burning turd of teams.
And when any of us to play the decent teams it was a farce

Craigshark

First Grade
I’m as disappointed as anyone.. but to suggest Penrith toyed with us and wouldn’t be giving their absolute 100%.. I think some of you are allergic to giving us any sort of credit. What was it, 10-6 after the Katoa try and we seemed to gain some momentum.. until another dropped ball.

Latest posts