What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cherry Evans backflips on the Titans

Will Cherry-Evans reputation ever recover?

• Yes, everyone will forgive and forget

Votes: 36 28.3%
  • No, he will always be a merkin

Votes: 91 71.7%

• Total voters

Iafeta

Referee
Should have maybe a 2 week cooling off period, but the round 13 thing is utter rubbish.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Just breaking now on Triple M and I think Channel 9. He has decided to stay at Manly.

Channel 9 mentioned a long term, 5 million dollar deal from the Tits.

Goddamn.

what they have actually said is that he is investigating to see if it is possible as he may not be able to get out of his contractual obligations

I'm sure there will be a heap of different versions knowing our media

Tommy Smith

Referee
The Titans don't deserve this.

This could be a mortal wound to the franchise.

If I was a fan I'd certainly tell the NRL to get f**ked.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
The Titans don't deserve this.

This could be a mortal wound to the franchise.

If I was a fan I'd certainly tell the NRL to get f**ked.

It most certainly would. Their fans are basically being told that they're f**ked both on field and off and and have no luck in trying to turn it around either.

Iafeta

Referee
So this joke of an organisation (the NRL) has effectively allowed a loophole that any man could have seen a mile away... that places the careers of the likes of Aiden Sezer (does he stay if DCE reneges), Mitch Cornish and/or Sam Williams (who may have been on their bike if Sezer does go to Canberra), and any other halfback who is looking to move to Manly to replace DCE. Ridiculous.

The funniest thing would be if GC now equals the overs that CANBERRA offered Sezer, and then he backflips on Canberra.

Maybe then they'll see that the entire system needs to be changed.

i would love for this to happen, just to prove the system is f**ked

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...ns-deal-backflip/story-e6frf3ru-1227306792266

MANLY star Daly Cherry-Evans is reportedly considering backing out of his four-year, multimillion deal to join the Gold Coast Titans next year.

Channel 9 tonight reported Cherry-Evans met with Joe Kelly to discuss his change of heart and stay at the Sea Eagles.

Cherry-Evans has until round 13 to backflip on his switch before any contract becomes legally binding.

The backflip would be a massive blow to the Titans, who were banking on Cherry-Evans to be the new face of the club.

The bottom-placed Manly have already lost fellow half Kieran Foran, with the star five-eighth switching to Parramatta next year.

The Cherry-Evans news comes after Manly Immortal Bob Fulton announced he is returning to Brookvale after a 15-year absence.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
If true (and we can't say it is yet), absolutely outrageous.

He signed what, a month ago? He gave the process that little thought and attention that a month later he's opting out?

He signed during a time where he'd have full known about the drug scandal, a month later they're actually winning games, the whole scenario has blown over (boom chish) yet he's changed his mind.

I feel gutted for Titans fans. All three of them. This sort of shit is a superb way of alienating supporter bases - and also meaning than any signing from now on is basically 'yeah okay we don't care until deadline date'.

If RTS does the same on us I'll be absolutely livid.