What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cherry Evans backflips on the Titans

Will Cherry-Evans reputation ever recover?

• Yes, everyone will forgive and forget

Votes: 36 28.3%
  • No, he will always be a merkin

Votes: 91 71.7%

• Total voters

proto

Juniors
it won't happen with this since the nrl are running the titans, but i we'll actually see legal action pretty soon with this sort of thing. i know theres this '13 week rule' or whatever it is, but signing contracts and re-negging on them is never a good look

Spot On

Coach
The funniest thing would be if GC now equals the overs that CANBERRA offered Sezer, and then he backflips on Canberra.

Maybe then they'll see that the entire system needs to be changed.

If I were Sezer I'd be asking for a lot more than Canberra offered in light of what's just happened.

What do you deem a fair price for Sezer Stranga? You keep saying Canberra have paid overs at 500K.

lsta5838

Juniors
I would be dissapointed as a Titans fan, but if he does go back on it, yes, perhaps some lack of integrity, but he is following the current rules. I have gone for an interview at another company, and had intentions of agreeing, just for my current company to come back and offer me more money/different conditions. I know they are more in the public eye than me, but I am assuming Manly has been able to table more money with Foran's depature so perhaps hard to blame him.

Just the rules that need to be fixed to stop fans getting their hopes up.

Stranga

Juniors
If I were Sezer I'd be asking for a lot more than Canberra offered in light of what's just happened.

What do you deem a fair price for Sezer Stranga? You keep saying Canberra have paid overs at 500K.

400k for an above average half who is not a representative player is a fair wage IMO.

insert.pause

First Grade
sounds like its baseless.

However, the current system is soo utterly ridiculous that a club could move on a handful of their roster to accommodate a marquee signing only to have that player renege in rd13 at midnight before the deadline, leaving the club with no marquee signing and no way to re-sign those players originally let go to accommodate him. Is this really what the RLPA want?

God-King Dean

Immortal
lol @ people who think contract shenanigans & bad refereeing decisions is reclusive to the NRL.

"Whaaaaaa stoopid NRL. Da game is ded"

Dogs Of War

Coach
I'm sure there are people who know the situation and think putting it out in the open is a good thing. I'm hoping he goes to the Gold Coast though that's probably cause I live here and it would be a much better team ti watch with him leading then around

Alex28

Coach
So DCE couldn't get any of his mates to go up the coast with him and now he wants out...

Sounds true to form.