What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cherry Evans backflips on the Titans

Will Cherry-Evans reputation ever recover?

• Yes, everyone will forgive and forget

Votes: 36 28.3%
  • No, he will always be a merkin

Votes: 91 71.7%

• Total voters

ek999

First Grade
In the real world, when a company goes into receivership they don't go spending big and trying to outdo other companies by hiring their staff at above market rates.

Suck it Titans, NRL should have let you die, and you bet if there wasn't a TV in place they would have.

In the NRL world, the Titans are vital because without them revenue would be shot to pieces so they are propping them up and trying to reduce overheads as much as possible whilst maintaining essential expenditure such as player wages. The NRL have not given them any extra money to spend on players or allowed them to breach the salary cap

chigurh

FWIW (not much!) he has lost a lot of my respect.

He whinged and whined at the way he was "treated" by the media, despite refusing to definitively give an answer (and at times flaming the situation himself), and has now ultimately back-flipped!

Son of Minto

Bench
In the NRL world, the Titans are vital because without them revenue would be shot to pieces so they are propping them up and trying to reduce overheads as much as possible whilst maintaining essential expenditure such as player wages. The NRL have not given them any extra money to spend on players or allowed them to breach the salary cap

Dont bother. This has been explained on here a million times and some idiots still can't seem to grasp it.

whall15

Coach
In the real world, when a company goes into receivership they don't go spending big and trying to outdo other companies by hiring their staff at above market rates.

Suck it Titans, NRL should have let you die, and you bet if there wasn't a TV in place they would have.

A) For starters the NRL has a salary floor so they have to pay a minimum amount.

B) There's a salary cap so on average they aren't paying above market rates for a squad of 25.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I don't particularly like either team but I'd rather a successful Manly where real fans are happy instead of the GC where people with 5 minute attention spans will be happy before they move onto the next thing.

Kiwi

First Grade
Feel for the titans DCE has f**ked them over to the point they don't even have time to get Seizer to stay.

Titans should now chase Hastings or Jayden Nikorima

SharkShocked

Bench
I don't particularly like either team but I'd rather a successful Manly where real fans are happy instead of the GC where people with 5 minute attention spans will be happy before they move onto the next thing.

I normally don't like anything you post.

But agree with you here.

Incorrect

Coach
Chris Sandow could end up a big winner out of all this... Titans will have bucketloads to spend on anyone silly enough to so up there.... Sandow strikes me as one such silly fella!!

whall15

Coach
Fox Sports are saying 6 year, $10 million deal

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...g-on-titans-deal/story-e6frf3ru-1227380941597

If true (which I doubt) that is a massive risk to Manly

1.66mil/year. If true even with massive third parties that could cripple Manly, even with salary cap increases.

I can't see it being that long. I also don't get how an open-ended contract can work.

Is it in the player's favour, the club's favour or is it a sum per year and can either party sever the contract at a particular juncture each year?

Chook Norris

First Grade
Haven't bothered following this whole saga, so I might be off here, but sounds like it took the NRL/Titans getting f**ed over, personally, for the NRL to step in and change the Round 13 rule