What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cherry Evans backflips on the Titans

Will Cherry-Evans reputation ever recover?

• Yes, everyone will forgive and forget

Votes: 36 28.3%
  • No, he will always be a merkin

Votes: 91 71.7%

• Total voters

betcats

Referee
I think the Titans are partly to blame.
Much like their junior recruitment, they backed the wrong horse.
The circus surrounding the Cronulla meeting should have sounded alarm bells.

Perhaps but most clubs are going to sit down at the table for DCE.

bottle

Coach
I would argue the guy definitely deserves to be in the top tier for player payments. His statistics this year alone are matched by only Thurston as far as playmakers go. This, in a losing Manly side and with plenty of years still in him shows how important he is to their team. Trash the guy all you want about his 'moral fibre' (I still think a lot of you are getting carried away) but he is an elite playmaker and worth the big pay packet.
Mate I swear the bloke (?) you replied to has to be about 12 years old. I snorted with laughter when I read that post he (?) wrote.

Canard

Immortal
The bloke has no honour.....A person's word means nothing these days.

DCE's reaction

giphy.gif

drago brelli

Bench
I don't support Manly but good luck to him. The money must be excellent and the Northern Beaches is the best place in Sydney. It's a wore out phrase but rugby league is a business.

Garts

Bench
Happy for Manly but feel for the Titans, if I was us being flipped on I would be pissed.

As for all this only coming out in the last 48 hrs, I do not buy that. From what I have heard the Titans have been well aware that he was in all likelihood going to back flip for a number of weeks.

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
I don't support Manly but good luck to him. The money must be excellent and the Northern Beaches is the best place in Sydney. It's a wore out phrase but rugby league is a business.

If rugby league was really a business the douche bag would have been gone by lunchtime...
Business is hard, cut-throat, and you have to roll with the punches but beyond a certain point, if you go back on your word, play one against the other, and hang people out to dry you won't last long, your reputation will precede you & that's when the business world gets really 'hard'.

Regardless, you are free to choose your own destiny & he has...he played everyone to get what he wanted (stupid rules or otherwise) and you can't make excuses for the way he did that - I don't care if he's the greatest player ever, or who advised him, I don't care what reasons he puts forward...zero respect for his character (or lack of)

Packy

Bench
Sorry if it has been mentioned.

Titans should withdraw their release of Myles' year in their favour.

_Johnsy

Referee
Well done Manly for securing a good halfback.

Yep, unfortunately they only really wanted him once he decided to leave, as no offer was on the table at the time of the signing, after Manly knew he was negotiating with the Titans.

Too bad Titans - your offer wasn't good enough.

It was good enough for DCE when he signed the contract.

As for the rest of you whinging morons - I'm sure you've never made a financial decision based on what's best for you and your family.

Fair point, the difference being if i sign a contract and publicly state i am happy with all terms in the contract, I'd honour the contract. TBH if I sign a contract i honour it.

The offer from Titans was a very, very good one. His "family" would have done very well out of it.

Manly's offer is more, point being he is a greedy merkin with no honour or integrity. Plain & simple.

Typical Manly asshole, trying to defend the morally indefensible.

Canard

Immortal
If rugby league was really a business the douche bag would have been gone by lunchtime...
Business is hard, cut-throat, and you have to roll with the punches but beyond a certain point, if you go back on your word, play one against the other, and hang people out to dry you won't last long, your reputation will precede you & that's when the business world gets really 'hard'.

Regardless, you are free to choose your own destiny & he has...he played everyone to get what he wanted (stupid rules or otherwise) and you can't make excuses for the way he did that - I don't care if he's the greatest player ever, or who advised him, I don't care what reasons he puts forward...zero respect for his character (or lack of)

Man, you are either the most incredibly positive person ever or naive beyond words.