What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Choose A Wrestler From Any Era

InFlames

Juniors
If you could pick one wrestler from any era, who remained the same age/fitness forever and could compete today, who would you choose?

After some thought, I think I would select Kevin Nash. I know his physical wrestling abilities were limited, however I believe his mic skills/charisma are versatile enough to be relevant in the current era. I must admit, I wasn't able to see a lot of his post-WCW TNA stuff due to being overseas at the time but He was able to amp up a feud very well whether in a single or tag team event and the crowd always seemed so responsive. I also think his gimmick could be adjusted to suit the changing environment. From Vinnie Vegas to Diesel lol

Keen to hear what you guys think / who you would pick.

Valiant_Raider

Juniors
I'd probably go with Jake "The Snake" Roberts.

I just think his charisma and in ring psychology would help him dominate the current roster, He could have a great feuds with Wyatt, Cena, Reigns. Hell I could imagine him single handedly destroying The New Day.

Parra Pride

Coach
2004 - onwards Eddie Guerrero. What I wouldn't give to see him lying, cheating and stealing his way to the WWEWHC.

Iafeta

Referee
Randy Savage. The guy played his character magnificently... true intensity, and in ring, what a performer. To see the brilliance of the guy there's a few matches I recommend, the obvious gold standard with Ricky Steamboat at Wrestlemania 3 which was quite easily match of the night, carrying the Ultimate Warrior to an outstanding retirement match at Wrestlemania 7 from memory, and his match in 1997 from memory against Diamond Dallas Page. To top it off, his chemistry with Miss Elizabeth was brilliant, the soft spoken gentle beauty with the rugged madman.

Randy Savage for me.

Stone Cold Steve Austin. There have been many great wrestlers, there have been many great talkers, Steve Austin was the best at meshing the 2 and he had the best character of all time and was the biggest star in the biggest boom period in wrestlings history.

Bulldog Force

Referee
No one cut promo better than the rock. Stone cold was more of a hell raising, daring SOB who stood up to the tyrant Vince mcmahon, but the rock is quite easily the best I've ever seen cut a promo.

redvscotty

First Grade
Mankind. Not Cactus, not Dude, not Mick, but Mankind.

Early Mankind, but after the infamous HiAC.

afinalsin666

First Grade
No one cut promo better than the rock. Stone cold was more of a hell raising, daring SOB who stood up to the tyrant Vince mcmahon, but the rock is quite easily the best I've ever seen cut a promo.

Stone Cold was better because you believed everything he said, IMO. Rick was funny, but Austin was legit.

steggz

Juniors
Michaels. If possible, I'd mesh his mic skills from the 00's with his physical condition pre-back issues

WellsNZ

Juniors
Stone Cold, absolutely zero doubt about it.

Raven is my favourite ever, but if prime Stone Cold was back full-time Raw instantly becomes must watch TV again.

Samoa Joe, circa 2005. Don't let him speak, let his brutality do the talking.

CM Punk circa 2005...as a heel...

Austin circa 1997 pre-Summerslam...

Rick Rude, 88-94...

Raven, 1995-1998 (even his early WCW stuff I liked)...

The Dudley Boyz 1995-1999, the ECW run...

Taz, 1995-1999.

RVD, 2000.

Rey Misterio, jr. 1995-1998.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Out of left field - Test.

I always thought he was a good big man, and I reckon in today's environment, he'd thrive.

redvscotty

First Grade
Out of left field - Test.

I always thought he was a good big man, and I reckon in today's environment, he'd thrive.

Agree with Test, definately.

I always like Matt Morgan in TNA but then stopped watching so I lost track of his progress, then he was gone completely :(

Latest posts