What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Choose your Home Ground?

Deacon

First Grade
Just had a thought say if the NRL was to start afresh tomorrow and all 16 Teams(including Gold Coast) didnt have home grounds which ground would you choose for your team, things that could influence your decision could be your teams record at the ground, the set up of the ground, the size of the ground, the location, etc
whatever the reason you decide? :p

Timbo

Staff member
I've always liked Parramatta Stadium.

Good size for club games, excellent facilities.

Deacon

First Grade
I'd go for Energy Australia Stadium, good size ground which I believe the Dragons would fill most home games and mainly because we've won 7 of 9 there

BWNB

First Grade
Brookie , i say good ground old style and we have a good record there.

Balmain_Boy

Leichhardt oval. Without a shadow of a doubt. All my earliest footy memories are there. It's a terrific place.

strewth_mate

Bench
Wouldn't trade Marathon Stadium for anything (except perhaps a slight upgrade to the old grandstand), but I'd be curious to see how a Newcastle crowd would go in somewhere like Suncorp.

Moffo

Referee
:lol:

belmore oval thanks. the riots, the barb wire fences, the trains going past the goalposts, loved it

brendothejet

First Grade
Belmore was a f**king cracker of an oval..

Kogarah Oval for mine. The sun setting on a sunday, or a huge friday night match where the entire town is stopped for the game...

f**king gorgeous

sixtynine

Juniors
Parra stadium, my greatest memories are there. Also Brookie oval is pretty good I like the hill and the sort of lack of concrete structures.I hate tesltra I mean yeah it's great for final but for normal games it sucks lack of atmosphere unless there is 30 or 40 thousand were at other place 15 thousand people can create a great atmosphere

innsaneink

Referee
An upgraded, renovated Lidcombe Oval thanks, complete with the old tallest posts in the southern hemishere.