What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chris Walker

The Whippet

Juniors
Pistol said:
Kimmorley's missus was the main reason he left Melbourne to begin with. She was apparantly homesick for Sydney, and thats why he signed for Northern Eagles.

Sure it wasn't that he found out that Chirs Anderson wanted out ;-)

Pistol said:
Kimmorley's missus was the main reason he left Melbourne to begin with. She was apparantly homesick for Sydney, and thats why he signed for Northern Eagles.
Thats crazy..... There are plenty of fish in the sea.....

But only one Melbourne Storm :X

Storm signs Chris Walker from Sydney Roosters
Written by: Chris Couch-Storm media
5/10/2005 Views: 15

Melbourne Storm has further strengthened their squad for the 2006 season with the signing of experienced centre Chris Walker for 12 months from the Sydney Roosters.

Walker’s talent can not be ignored having won NRL premierships with the Broncos and represented Queensland in State-of-Origin on six occasions.

With the loss of Steven Bell to Manly and Josh Graham to the Western Reds in the Super 14 competition, the signing of an outside back had become a priority for the Storm.

“We needed another outside back that we knew could play first grade,” said Storm coach Craig Bellamy.

“We thought we were one short there.”

Melbourne Storm football operations manager Peter O’Sullivan knows the quality a player like Walker can bring to a young squad like the Storm’s.

“Chris obviously has been a high quality first grader and State-Of-Origin player in the past so we’re going to give him a chance to rekindle his career,” said O’Sullivan.

Walker was only too happy to sign for the Storm once he heard they were interested, especially given the chance he could play again for one of his former coaches.

“Being able to join forces with Craig Bellamy again after spending time with him at the Broncos was a major factor for me coming to Melbourne,” said Walker.

“The fact that it gives me an opportunity to concentrate solely on rugby league without the added pressure of living in the rugby league fishbowl in Sydney will only help me get back to playing at the level I have in the past.

“I’m excited about the group of guys down here. The coaching staff and the whole place gave me a good vibe.”

It seems Bellamy has the same faith in Walker that Walker has in him.

“If he plays well for us he’ll be a real asset,” said Bellamy.

hahahahahahahaahahahaha @ Storm

LESStar58

Referee
I dunno why we need him! Webster and Ingliss are all class...maybe Bellamy wants to play him in the centres....

sla4575

Juniors
Dunno why Storm signed this clown. The only time i saw him play good footy was back at St Marys, but even when he got his deal with the broncos, his head inflated beyond belief.

shadow grinder

First Grade
LESStar58 said:
I dunno why we need him! Webster and Ingliss are all class...maybe Bellamy wants to play him in the centres....

bellamy needs to be sacked if thats what he wants to do.

MONY

Juniors
you guys are forgetting that we have lost and will be losing a few players in the backline.

Graham
Bell

End 2006:

Turner (most likely though I think nothing is official)
Geyer (move on mate)
I think it is a good buy, He has alot of pace and can find his way to the line.

Slater
Walker
King
Inglis
Webster

This is assuming all these guys are still there in 2007. Geyer will probably be there next year.

MONY

Juniors
true but if he does well and i think he will, Imo he will stay there as these players will be leaving or are likely to leave. He knows he will be in a great backline and he will show loyalty to Bellamy and the club.

Hoggy said:
I'm happy with the selection.

Good backline depth.
Yep Agreed. Don't forget how lucky we have been with injuries this year.

It's not often a team goes through a whole season useing only 7 players in the back 5 (8 if you include Turner)

Once again the Storm take players farrgged up by other clubs and turn there carreas around :D

:sch: