What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chris Walker

shadow grinder said:
bellamy sure made a fool of hismelf getting walker to the club.

Mate; give Walker a break...Bellamy has turned other players around and Walker is a good player on his day who has speed to burn and with him and Slater in the backline then other clubs will be staring at a loss when they come to OP.

cougar

Juniors
do we need another winger who doesn't know to let the inside man take the opposing centre & mark up on his opposite winger - especially one who even his supporters would agree doesn't rate tackling as one of his strengths.

That said, as an attacking player he knows how to find the try line, repsects Bellamy from his time with the Broncos, and is still relatively young - he could be a good buy - especially for depth with NRL experience - as a lot of the guys have found out - there is a big step up from Qld Cup....

Now we've spent the money on him - let's give him our support - at least until he f***ks up again...

shadow grinder

First Grade
kia ora storm said:
Mate; give Walker a break...Bellamy has turned other players around and Walker is a good player on his day who has speed to burn and with him and Slater in the backline then other clubs will be staring at a loss when they come to OP.

turned other players around? which player do we have now that liked to get pissed and start fights and be a total ass hole to even the fans...which player do we have now used to play 1st grade and SOO but then got dropped to premier league....i dont remember any player being turned around like that.

Bellamy has the skill to bring the best out of a player...ie: brett white or inglis players like that...but if bennet and stuart cant get through walkers thick skull then how the f**k will bellamy?

walker has already done enough for me to hate the living sh*t out of him....that will never change..i will not give him a go nor will i give him a break.

ktcoop

Juniors
I think you'll be surprised with Walkers performance ... at least back him for first or last try scorer.

He was one of the nicest Roosters players who always had time to chat to fans & I for one am sad to see him go.

I hope Chris goes well in Melbourne ... he knows he has been given a chance by Bellamy & I think he will give it all ...

MONY

Juniors
ktcoop said:
I think you'll be surprised with Walkers performance ... at least back him for first or last try scorer.

He was one of the nicest Roosters players who always had time to chat to fans & I for one am sad to see him go.

I hope Chris goes well in Melbourne ... he knows he has been given a chance by Bellamy & I think he will give it all ...

:lol:

ktcoop said:

Thanks for that..... I hope its not a gee up. ;-)

Kiny the Storm have turned many players carreeas around. Mat King and Slater are great examples of players unwanted by other clubs that have gone on to be stars.

I don't expect you to agree with Walker coming to the Storm, and I also prefer he didn't, but he is here. How good would it be if he turned his carrea around and was a valuble member of the team. May I be so bold in asking you to maybe post about different things instead of vast amounts of negative Walker stuff.
I reckon next year could be a great year injury pending :D

shadow grinder said:
turned other players around? which player do we have now that liked to get pissed and start fights and be a total ass hole to even the fans...which player do we have now used to play 1st grade and SOO but then got dropped to premier league....i dont remember any player being turned around like that.

Bellamy has the skill to bring the best out of a player...ie: brett white or inglis players like that...but if bennet and stuart cant get through walkers thick skull then how the f**k will bellamy?

walker has already done enough for me to hate the living sh*t out of him....that will never change..i will not give him a go nor will i give him a break.

will you have the guts to say the above to his face or will you need liquid courage to say this from the grandstand

shadow grinder

First Grade
marshall stalin said:
will you have the guts to say the above to his face or will you need liquid courage to say this from the grandstand

Ild say to his face. What you think im going to be scared of some *edit*? ive stood up to mark geyer and told him exactly how i feel to his face ild have no problems telling walker how i feel ethier.

shadow grinder

First Grade
UndertakerMike said:
Thanks for that..... I hope its not a gee up. ;-)

Kiny the Storm have turned many players carreeas around. Mat King and Slater are great examples of players unwanted by other clubs that have gone on to be stars.

I don't expect you to agree with Walker coming to the Storm, and I also prefer he didn't, but he is here. How good would it be if he turned his carrea around and was a valuble member of the team. May I be so bold in asking you to maybe post about different things instead of vast amounts of negative Walker stuff.
I reckon next year could be a great year injury pending :D

.....i didnt say the storm cant turn around players PERFORMNCES and turning players from unwanted to wanted..im talking about walkers attitude. Even if he is a valuable member of the team i dont care...i dont like him....that shouldnt change because he is now a member of the team. That would be stupid....me giving him sh*t for years and years about the way he is then all of a sudden saying "ahh chris walker my faverourite player i love you!!!!"

Im fine with him if he is only used as a back up player...thats fine....but i dont want him to be a part of the starting side...everyone is saying oh dont worry he will be with bears all year. But reading what bellamy said it sounds like he is willing to give him a shot at the starting spot...also someone told me they heard a storm offcial on the news last night say he would be the ideal replacement for steve bell lets hope thats what wasnt said. also what pisses me off is good young players, or as hoggy likes to say "no name QLD kids", like shortland and turner(not from QLD i know) may not get a chance to get into first grade agian because of walker...if he is used as a replacement then turner and shortland go down the list of back ups and if we have another good year with barely any injuries then turner and others may never get a shot at 1st grade...forcing them to leave.

ktcoop

Juniors
Regardless of what you think of Walker .... first and/or last try scorer is always a good bet! Many a dollar has been won :D
See how he goes for a few weeks ...

LESStar58

Referee
shadow grinder said:
Ild say to his face. What you think im going to be scared of some *edited already*? ive stood up to mark geyer and told him exactly how i feel to his face ild have no problems telling walker how i feel ethier.

Just for starters...

felt about what?

I'm suprised you are still on this earth with us.

shadow grinder

First Grade
LESStar58 said:
Just for starters...

felt about what?

I'm suprised you are still on this earth with us.

we had an altercation i guess you can call it at a junior league game earlier this year....geyer is a pansy...and i hope i meet him agian.

shadow grinder said:

If you are not going to give him a go then don't start cheering when he scores a try for the Storm !!!.

shadow grinder

First Grade
kia ora storm said:
If you are not going to give him a go then don't start cheering when he scores a try for the Storm !!!.

i wouldnt start cheering for him even if he scored 10 tries in one game...

Gees mate...give him a shot. Yes people do stuff up in life but if Bellamy can sort him out then he will be a good asset for the club.

shadow grinder

First Grade
kia ora storm said:
Gees mate...give him a shot. Yes people do stuff up in life but if Bellamy can sort him out then he will be a good asset for the club.

ok ill give him a shot..if he scores 10 tries then ill cheer him on..anything less and its BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

LESStar58

Referee
shadow grinder said:
we had an altercation i guess you can call it at a junior league game earlier this year....geyer is a pansy...and i hope i meet him agian.

do tell....

MONY

Juniors
i once called Kimmorley as being over rated and he shouldnt play first grade. Then he came out and tore us to shreds at Toyota this year. :(