What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chrisco Kiwis Team V Aussie Pricks

Panther_Daz

Staff member
mad kiwi elloco bandido said:
I know that the Eels have raves on Inu, but IMO not enough first grade. I also thought Inu was a centre.

Didn't he play fullback for New Zealand A?

RHYTHM AND STEALTH said:
What about Fui Fui Moi Moi for for an an impact impact
he played for tonga he should stick with tonga in world cup qualifiers, bluey has stated that he is looking towards the world cup so why play a player that can't play for us at the world cup!

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Martli said:
I'd go with something similar to this. One possibility is to play Hohaia at fullback with Webster back on the wing (ie no Covell) and have Ben Roberts come off the bench or something. I think our centre stocks are a little low at the moment and so Mannering should definitely play there, otherwise i'd have him off the bench. The only issues I have with the bench is the lack of a prop, so perhaps Bronson Harrison or Frank Puletua could fill that duty.

That backrow looks so dangerous :D

Whatuira will play centre looked good against the cowboys and will get selected over mannering.
But simon may have claim to the other centre position- but more than likely Solioala will take the other spot.
Sounds like Webby is the only player coming back from ESL.
I would pick Tupou out of reserve grade before I pick covell.
Yeah think harrison will score a bench spot.
Tuimavave has to eliminate some of the krazy stuff from his game.

My team:
1. Webb
2. Webster
3. Soliola
4. Whatuira
5. Vatuvei
6. Marshall
7. Smith
8. Asotasi
9. Faiumu/Hohaia
10. Cayless
11. Kidwell
12. Fa'alogo
13. Williams

BENCH:
14. Hohaia/Faiumu
15. T. Puletua
16. Harrison
17. Pritchard

18th Man. Terrence Seuseu/ Rangi Chase

With Mannering as cover if Whatuira isnt fully fit.

mean_maori_mean said:
Whatuira will play centre looked good against the cowboys and will get selected over mannering.
But simon may have claim to the other centre position- but more than likely Solioala will take the other spot.

My team:
1. Webb
2. Webster
3. Soliola
4. Whatuira
5. Vatuvei
6. Marshall
7. Smith
8. Asotasi
9. Faiumu/Hohaia
10. Cayless
11. Kidwell
12. Fa'alogo
13. Williams

BENCH:
14. Hohaia/Faiumu
15. T. Puletua
16. Harrison
17. Pritchard

Where did you hear this

Awesum news

He should be joined by Cayless. Anyone watch the game yesterday between Wigan and ST Helens. f**k Thomas was dreadful. Him and Vaealiki

dazza

Staff member
mean_maori_mean said:

My team:
1. Webb
2. Webster
3. Soliola
4. Whatuira
5. Vatuvei
6. Marshall
7. Smith
8. Asotasi
9. Faiumu/Hohaia
10. Cayless
11. Kidwell
12. Fa'alogo
13. Williams

BENCH:
14. Hohaia/Faiumu
15. T. Puletua
16. Harrison
17. Pritchard

tame hasn`t been playing that well for aspley, although i read somewhere today he had a good game against the magpies yesterday. the game i saw him play, he didn`t look that good.

that would be the team i`d go with, along with seu seu as 18th man.

cheers dazza

Sorry Daz but i disagree on Terence. He was fortunate that Buderus got suspended to play 1st grade this year and more than likely he wont get more than 3 games in 1st grade with SOO coming up. Still to risky to throw in the Kiwis camp.

A name i will drop in though is that winger from the Roosters Dowell-Kenny i think his name is

dazza

Staff member
agree with that r&s. i just thought being in camp would be good for him to see what it takes to play at that level. maybe not 18th man, but just to be in camp. he only got 10 mins last night, he`ll play when buderus is in the test team & origins. he`s definately 1 for the future tho, maybe even the end of year tour to the uk.

anyone know why jake webster didn`t play for the titans today? if he is injured, i`d maybe look at shaun kenny-dowall too.

cheers dazza

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
RHYTHM AND STEALTH said:
Sorry Daz but i disagree on Terence. He was fortunate that Buderus got suspended to play 1st grade this year and more than likely he wont get more than 3 games in 1st grade with SOO coming up. Still to risky to throw in the Kiwis camp.

A name i will drop in though is that winger from the Roosters Dowell-Kenny i think his name is

Definately Shaun Kenny-dowall will be considered for 18th man aswell.
But according to papers, said that Kiwis looking to blood some halves, hookers which lead to me picking Rangi Chase (played NZ a last year) and Seuseu.
Kenny-Dowall will more likely be able to slot straight into the team possibly at the end of year team for non test matches.
Also sam perritt looks like a good player who also might be able play fullback, (obviously with mini & roberts it wont be at the roosters)

But I see no reason why all three of these players cant be in camp.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Kiwis typically choose an 18th man who benefits from the whole experience, rather than someone who will actually take the field in case of injury.
Also the kiwis like choosing fringe FG players as it spurs both the players to play better and their respective clubs to give them a shot.

Brian McLennon

Juniors
TRAGEDY STRIKES. MY PREFERRED CAPTAIN IS OUT

Kidwell's injury a major blow
4/9/2007 4:24 PM
Kiwis' captaincy candidate David Kidwell injures ligaments and could miss rest of NRL season; major blow for ANZAC test

The Kiwis are set to lose South Sydney co-captain David Kidwell for the ANZAC league test in Brisbane after the second rower took a fall while at his home.

Rabbitohs' medical staff believe he has suffered medial and cruciate ligament damage and could miss the rest of the NRL season. Kidwell's injury is a major blow to the Kiwis as he was considered a candidate to captain the team on April 20 for the ANZAC test against the Kangaroos in Brisbane.

FFS

I THINK NATO CAYLESS WILL BE MY CAPTAIN NOW

http://www.radiosport.co.nz/SportsNews/spleg/Detail.aspx?id=115416

ozbash

Referee
Kiwis coach Brian McClennan says league administrators are guilty of not showing the Anzac test enough respect.

With the annual test against Australia once again slipped into the schedule on a Friday night between two full rounds of NRL club football, some of McClennan's players could arrive in camp as late as four days before the April 20 game in Brisbane.

He says finding a blank weekend for the fixture is now long overdue.

"I think throwing this game in on a Friday night between (NRL) rounds isn't right," said McClennan. "This is how it is this year, and we will be doing the best we can with it and making no excuses, but in future, I think something needs to be done.

"The Australians appear to think more about the NRL and Origin and the scheduling needs to be thought through better ... you have got to give a test match the respect it is due."

New Zealand haven't won an Anzac test since the game was restored to the schedule in 2004, but McClennan says he has noted a sharp increase in appetite for test football from the Kangaroos since the Kiwis' Tri-Nations form lifted. "The Australian team and their coaching staff are really enjoying these test matches now they are in for a contest."

McClennan says this year's Anzac test is already being considered as the first step to the world cup.

Planning and key player identification for the tournament has already begun, with eight test matches left before the cup begins in October.

"Every test you go into you want to perform well and win and we will be doing our best to win this test, but in the context of preparation for the world cup, this is very much the starting game," McClennan said.

"We've just come out of a final (the 2006 Tri- Nations final) and over the past two years we have really focused our energies on winning the final game of the year. We're very proud that we've won one convincingly (the 2005 final) and run them close (in the other, a golden-point loss to Australia).

"It's a philosophy that is shared by all the selectors and the board, and it is a sound philosophy that our whole focus is on the world cup ... that we are getting a team ready for that."

The All Golds tour of Britain will also be used to introduce some younger players to test football before the world cup. McClennan has identified fullback and hooker as positions where there is some work to be done, with some young talent (such as Newcastle's Terence Seu Seu) emerging at No 9, and a dearth of cover for Leeds' Brent Webb at fullback leaving the Kiwis looking for options there.

"We are probably getting healthier in the halves, and we'll be even more so by the end of next year," says McClennan. "There are more guys to choose from now than there were two years ago. We've improved in that area, we're starting to get some young ones blossoming through at hooker, but we're still a little light at fullback. If there is a young Kiwi boy out there who's a good outside back, he should be pestering his coach to have a shot at fullback."

For this next test, Webb, now with the English club Leeds, is a certainty for the No 1 shirt, and he could be the only Super League player brought back for the match.

Either Ben Roberts, of the Bulldogs, or Jeremy Smith, of South Sydney, will play halfback, with Roberts holding the edge. Last year's incumbent Thomas Leuluai has no chance of a recall.

Benji Marshall will be the Kiwis standoff, despite his critics, with McClennan issuing a strong defence: "I've listened with interest to the commentators who have talked about Benji's form and what I've seen I am really happy with him. I can see him improving every week and he is progressing along well. We have to keep in context what he has gone through. His rate of improvement each week has excited me."

A standby squad shadows the official 19 in camp, and McClennan won't name his new skipper (Roy Asotasi and David Kidwell are the frontrunners) until four days before kickoff. A new leadership group must also be selected - which should include Asotasi, Kidwell, Webb, Marshall, Nathan Cayless and Tony Puletua.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4019638a1823.html

doogiehowser_md

Juniors
Lets just pick a team of players who havent played for the top side of their country yet so they cant play for Australia when they become good. Dont let another Karmichael Hunt happen ever again.

1. Krisnan Inu
2. Chase Stanley
3. Michael Jennings
4. Karl McNicol
5. Shaun Kenny-Dowell
6. Billy Ngawini
7. Liam Foran
8. Fui Fui Moi Moi
9. Terrence Seu Seu
10. Junior Moors
11. Feleti Mateo
12. Lee Te Maari
13. Reece Williams

14. Ryan Shortland
15. Richard Fa'aoso
16. John Te Reo
17. Zeb Taia

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
doogiehowser_md said:
Lets just pick a team of players who havent played for the top side of their country yet so they cant play for Australia when they become good. Dont let another Karmichael Hunt happen ever again.

1. Krisnan Inu
2. Chase Stanley
3. Michael Jennings
4. Karl McNicol
5. Shaun Kenny-Dowell
6. Billy Ngawini
7. Liam Foran
8. Fui Fui Moi Moi
9. Terrence Seu Seu
10. Junior Moors
11. Feleti Mateo
12. Lee Te Maari
13. Reece Williams

14. Ryan Shortland
15. Richard Fa'aoso
16. John Te Reo
17. Zeb Taia

Mate your got luke covell as your logo. enough said-he could play NRL for 20years and he still wouldnt play representative football.

Other than Michael Jennings, none of these will play for aussie anyway - either they aren't good enough or they are straight out kiwi.
Would be interested if he has kiwi roots, but he is aussie born so know fuss if he decides he wants to play origin and oz.

Players I would be interested in, particularly at the end of the year,if they are:
Feleti Mateo
Seuseu
Inu
Kenny-dowall

mean_maori_mean said:
Mate your got luke covell as your logo. enough said-he could play NRL for 20years and he still wouldnt play representative football.

Other than Michael Jennings, none of these will play for aussie anyway - either they aren't good enough or they are straight out kiwi.
Would be interested if he has kiwi roots, but he is aussie born so know fuss if he decides he wants to play origin and oz.

Players I would be interested in, particularly at the end of the year,if they are:
Feleti Mateo
Seuseu
Inu
Kenny-dowall

Would be nice to get a couple of these young lads into the Kiwis camp - Jennings and Kenny-dowall in particular

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Junior Moors is definately one for the future, showed what talent he has on the weekend setting up two tries through his awesome offload. Hopefully will see him in the NZ side in the future.

He is born in Auckland and im sure his older cousins Tony and Frank will make sure he plays for the Kiwi's.

ozbash

Referee
at the risk of getting turned over and rooted, whats wrong with covell ?

or geo carmont ?

Latest posts