What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Christians in the team

ryana87

Juniors
Heard mad dog say the other day that a few of the guys in the team are Christians and they used to respect that by having a group prayer before every match

just curious if any of our current players are Christians (i see ryan stig tweet bible passages every now and again)

macavity

Referee
religion-pidgeon-bible-is-true.jpg

IN B4 PERVERSE

rnb11

Juniors
I know Faaoso and Kaafusi were since they were the 2 that used to ask Stig to pray with them before games. And yeah alot of the islander players go to church with Stig and have "prayer nights" together - Sau, Filipo, Liki, Naiqama bros and Aku all do it

Apey

Staff member
Ryan Stig definitely is but that's all I know.

It doesn't seem that uncommon, there was an article about Tim Mannah (Christian) who mentioned that there are several prayer groups or w/e for the Christians in the NRL.

Not really sure of the point of this thread though... although I might have to start banging my head against a wall if they start thanking Jesus for every try/win ala some NFL players :lol:

Knightmare

Coach
Because, their beliefs are as stupid as those United Atheist Alliance Otters who eat on their bellies....

Jesfery

Juniors
The players (and people in general) can believe/practice whatever the f*&k they want, given that it doesn't adversely effect anyone else and we play good Footy.

Last edited:

Knightmare

Coach
Honestly if some of the boys like to pray before a game, who cares? I mean really, it's not that big a deal and if it helps them to calm some pre-match nerves or whatever else, I can't see anything wrong with it. It's kind of funny that some people will nit-pick for an eternity over small details like this while ignoring the bigger picture.

Clearly the Knights won last night or this thread wouldn't have reached two pages...