What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

christmas time

northey

First Grade
don't you just love it... putting up the chrissy decs and anything???
we put our decs up on the 1st of dec....
but we have the whole lot, you know, not just the tinsle and the chrissy tree, but we are one of thoes houses that put up the lights all over our house, going through the lights today i put them all into groups and counted 88 sets of lights, we just got some new lights aswell with the chaser on them.
the hard part is putting the lights up and then you get the easy part turning on the lights but when a light blows sometimes the whole set does not work, so you have to go through all of them and find the one that does not work.
but then comes the day when the tour buses start coming around and everyone stops infront of your house to look at the lights.
but come christmas eve that is the best time you make little lollie bags for the little kids and you stamd out side to meet and greet people who wish to look at the lights.......
i start putting the lights up tomorow, i couldn't today as it was raining but i will tomorow.

fun fun fun

Nut

Juniors
I read the title and didn't have a clue what a chritmas was - i thought it was a bug or something :? :lol:

Providence

Juniors
Ahh the old bulb checking tradition.

Most Christmas/fairy lights are in a serial formation or circuit, where each light bulb completes the circuit. So if one blows, then none work.

Slighty more expensive versions of the fairy lights however, are 3 strands of serial cables, platted together. Therefore if a bulb goes, then only a third of the lights go out.

Go up another financial incriment and you start getting serial/parallel circuit combinations along with triple strands etc.

Basically you achieve the same look from your lights, just less chance of a complete outage or damage.

my tip - go the regular cheapos. At least that way you know one of your bulbs has gone out. ;-)

~bedsy~

First Grade
Northey are you sure you don't live at Gracelands :lol:
We have done most of ours up... we go through all our lights before we put them up and check which one's are blown.
We are going to a freinds place tonight to put up her tree... I don't mind I love doing it.
It's the best time of the yr. :D

NC

Juniors
Eh... my families too lazy to put up our tree because whenever we do have it up, it never comes down til February :lol:

Andy

First Grade
just on the topic of Christmas, each year for my parents, I end up buying the type of presents the don't need, but simply something that I think my like or want.

Finally htis year, I've managed to find Christmas presents for both of them, which are both practical needs, and wanted by both.

For my father I'm getting him a new Whipper-Snipper. The Stihl Easy-2-Start line trimmer to be precise.

And for my mum, I'm getting her a new dinner set. You know how they always complain about not having any nice dishes or crockery for when they have guests?? Well now she won't be able to complain. Apparently she likes some of the stuff at Freedom (thanks to The Block). So now all I've gotta do is get down there and pick something out!

Merry Chistmas indeed ;-)

Kaz

junior
northey said:

This Scrooge hates it. :lol:

What I should do is, put up the tree & then grab all the Christmas decorations etc & just toss it on the tree.

Whatever falls on the ground goes back into the box.

Providence

Juniors
He he he...

That reminds me of a story.

There were 3 ministers who were friends and got together each week to catch up over coffee. One was a catholic priest, one an anglican bishop and the other was a pentecostal senior pastor.

One week, they were bragging and competing about how holy they were when the topic of discussion shifted onto money, and offerings in particular.

The Catholic priest said "I take the the offering and give half to God and keep the rest for myself as an income."

The Anglican replied "I only take 10% and give the rest to God!"

So then the Pentecostal pastor said "Well I throw it all up in the air and whatever God wants, he takes and whatever falls to the floor, goes back into my pocket."

northey

First Grade
Northey are you sure you don't live at Gracelands

lol... no no... but where i live they have tour buses to look at the lights on all th houses.... almost all the houses in the town i live in put up lights

astrogirl

First Grade
northey said:
I'm not sure if I can be bothered putting the Christmas tree up this year! Is that controversial? :shock:

But I do have some Christmas spirit - I'm pretty pleased with my christmas shopping efforts just then! One hour and I have purchased 4 presents! And it wasn't too hard :D A couple of T-shirts from Industrie (I love their range of Ts for guys) and Crabtree & Evelyn is brilliant. I usually prefer to wrap my own presents but their gift wrap is gorgeous!

I love buying for others!!!

B.L.L.G

Retired
I put our Christmas tree up last Sunday.

I bought it last year from Woolworths for about twenty seven bucks.

It`s nothing special but it serves the purpose.

I had jack to do on Sunday so i thought what the hell and put it up.

It`s a special time of year.

Christmas is like a Friday i reckon.

Fridays are eventful and you look forward to them.

Anyways, i put ours up whilst watching Rocky 2.

Around Christmas i like to watch the Rocky movies.

I umm, attatched a Rubix cube to our tree, some Gooblies, 3 to be exact ( who knows what a Goobly is?Any body remember Gooblys or Wommbles?).......i put a condom wrapper on it...a Storm trooper head Pez dispencer and a baseball along with all the common decorations.

I like to sit in the tv room with the Venetions pulled just staring at the tree.
Its relaxing.

You have a nice bath then have a coffee then meditate to the Christmas tree.

Christmas trees are like gods man, you pray to them.

I`m going home to watch Rocky 4.

Chow.

Christmas-All Day man, all day.

Andy

First Grade
Untouchable said:
I umm, attatched a Rubix cube to our tree, some Gooblies, 3 to be exact...
...i put a condom wrapper on it...a Storm trooper head Pez dispencer and a baseball along with all the common decorations.

So tasteful, yet so ghetto at the same time...

Good job :D

Latest posts