What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

City v Country teams

Parra_Boy

Juniors
Big Mick said:
Luke Rooney sh*ts all over Grothe i'm sorry.

Gotta be kidding yourself there mate, Grothe is the form winger of the comp THIS YEAR so far and should have played tonight in the Anzac Test.

t-ba

Post Whore
Lay off the Rock Parra Boys...Grothe is going good, but not good enough to be anywhere near the top 5 Wingers in the game...

Big Mick

Referee
Parra_Boy said:
Big Mick said:
Luke Rooney sh*ts all over Grothe i'm sorry.

Gotta be kidding yourself there mate, Grothe is the form winger of the comp THIS YEAR so far and should have played tonight in the Anzac Test.

No i'm not, Luke Rooney kills grothe under the high ball and is a good solid runner, and a good defender, the complete winger.

I havn't seen a lot of grothe this season, but from what I've seen he's nothing special just yet, I'd rate both penrith wingers and a few others ahead of him, but certainly a good player don't get me wrong.

Now u wanna talk good, lets talk Luke Burt, he has been your bets player.

weasel

First Grade
t-ba the hutt said:
Lay off the Rock Parra Boys...Grothe is going good, but not good enough to be anywhere near the top 5 Wingers in the game...

Perhaps, but he's playing a lot better than Devere anyway. :roll:

Mal Meninga

Bench
It's meant to be an Origin trial but it's a more promotional game for the younger players of the league and for the country(Is the moving to different towns a permanent fixture?) league.

Matt23

Staff member
City
1. Hodgson
2. Grothe
3. Lewis
4. Gasnier
5. Rooney
6. Dykes
7. Orford
8. O'Meley
9. Drew
10. Skandalis
11. Thompson
12. Fletcher (c)
13. Anasta

14. Menzies
15. Wing
16. Catic
17. Stevens

Country
1. Patten
2. Monaghan
3. Cooper
4. Burt
5. Roberts
6. Hill
7. Kimmorley (c)
8. O'Hara
9. Priddis
10. Davico
11. P Bailey
12. Mason
13. Kennedy

14. Ryles
15. Abraham
16. Perry
17. K Gidley

You are all forgetting Joel Clinton THE CURRENT TEST PROP! #-o
He will be starting Front Rower for the City Side.

O'Mealey would be Country too if he made it. Im pretty sure he is from the Central Coast.

brook

First Grade
NthCronullaLocal said:
You are all forgetting Joel Clinton THE CURRENT TEST PROP! #-o
He will be starting Front Rower for the City Side.

O'Mealey would be Country too if he made it. Im pretty sure he is from the Central Coast.

Like Orford Shrek is a central coast junior who somehow manages to get themselves selected for city on the basis of having played with norths - or whatever

both should be country but pretty sure city have claimed them both now

TRANSLATION

Juniors
Matt23 said:
City
1. Hodgson
2. Grothe
3. Lewis
4. Gasnier
5. Rooney
6. Dykes
7. Orford
8. O'Meley
9. Drew
10. Skandalis
11. Thompson
12. Fletcher (c)
13. Anasta

14. Menzies
15. Wing
16. Catic
17. Stevens

Country
1. Patten
2. Monaghan
3. Cooper
4. Burt
5. Roberts
6. Hill
7. Kimmorley (c)
8. O'Hara
9. Priddis
10. Davico
11. P Bailey
12. Mason
13. Kennedy

14. Ryles
15. Abraham
16. Perry
17. K Gidley

Matt no offence, but i find it laughable if some of these guys in these teams are actually thought of.

Dykes ??
CATIC ?? your kidding.. The reserve Toupou has more of a chance.
Drew and Stevens I don't think will make it either.

My Bolters if there are any for the young Props would be, Sims and Toupou.

Catic would not tie their shoelaces.

Parra_Boy

Juniors
t-ba, who are your top 5 wingers?

Luke Burt our best player this season? No way Dykes and Grothe have been playing better than him and best player of the team easily Nathan Hindmarsh, just look at the Dally M Ladder.

I don't know with Matt23's Country team having both Gidley and Morris on the bench. I'd probaly leave Morris out and get a second rower forward and give Gidley a chance at the utility side of things, he's been going great in replacement of Johns hasn't he.

It should be either McLinden or most likely Gidley for the utility role in the Country side.

As for the person who said that Clinton should be starting prop, those who played in the test are exempt from selection.

fillapop

Juniors
i agree wit parra fan..............where are the test players, and they left out mini and wing(if hes fit)-right-o

Matt23

Staff member
Test players are exempt, Not sure weather they'll pick Craig Wing or not.