What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Civinaceva picking up a concussed Farah off the ground

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
It looked bad, and was always going to have the comparison made.

I'll give Petero the benefit of the doubt, but seriously, why would a guy be hanging on to your leg like that if he was fully conscious?

Happens all the time. Players trying to put a marker offside so their team mates can run at him and get a penalty.

Seriously, there was absolutely nothing in it.

Stinkler

Juniors
Happens all the time. Players trying to put a marker offside so their team mates can run at him and get a penalty.

Seriously, there was absolutely nothing in it.

Yeah, sure it does.
I often see guys laying face down in the ruck holding onto some guys leg.

Stinkler

Juniors
WTF. Do you even know how a tackle works? Go back to sobbing about the refs.

Refresh my mind. What actually happened in this incident Grimey?

1. Who had the ball?
2. Who made the tackle?
3. What other players were around at the time?

By the way, I'm pretty sure that attacking players can't interfere with the defending team. That means that they can't touch them in a "tackle".

Anyway, I think you'll find I said originally was that what Petero did was silly, not a deliberate attack on a concussed player.

LineBall

Juniors
Refresh my mind. What actually happened in this incident Grimey?

1. Who had the ball?
2. Who made the tackle?
3. What other players were around at the time?

By the way, I'm pretty sure that attacking players can't interfere with the defending team. That means that they can't touch them in a "tackle".

Anyway, I think you'll find I said originally was that what Petero did was silly, not a deliberate attack on a concussed player.

The only silly thing about it is you laying any criticism on Petero.

You obviously have never played the game if you think there was any malicious intent in what Petero did.

firechild

First Grade
At the end of the day I don't think the incidents are really comparable but the fact is Farah was clearly injured (concussion is largely irrelevent) and attempting to move a player that potential has a head/neck injury is stupid and dangerous. Queenslanders will dismiss it because they believe maroons players can do no wrong but it was a really stupid move from a player most would have expected better from.

LineBall

Juniors
At the end of the day I don't think the incidents are really comparable but the fact is Farah was clearly injured (concussion is largely irrelevent) and attempting to move a player that potential has a head/neck injury is stupid and dangerous. Queenslanders will dismiss it because they believe maroons players can do no wrong but it was a really stupid move from a player most would have expected better from.

Clearly injured - really? Maybe from the luxury of your lounge at home watching on TV you could see that - but I doubt anybody on either team knew how bad he was until he tried to get to his fee.

firechild

First Grade
He dropped like a sack of shit, ball came out and he made no attempt to regather or even move. Doesn't sound like something an uninjured player would do.

Springs

First Grade
The only silly thing about it is you laying any criticism on Petero.

You obviously have never played the game if you think there was any malicious intent in what Petero did.

I don't think there was any malice in it but how exactly does that correspond to having ever played the game? That line is thrown around far too often.

LineBall

Juniors
I don't think there was any malice in it but how exactly does that correspond to having ever played the game? That line is thrown around far too often.

I thought it would be pretty obvious that somebody who has played a lot of rugby league would have a different perspective of these types of incidents - compared to somebody who has never played the game.

firechild

First Grade
I thought it would be pretty obvious that somebody who has played a lot of rugby league would have a different perspective of these types of incidents - compared to somebody who has never played the game.

Never played rugby league but fail to see how it's any different in that regard to any other sport (I've played soccer, hockey, baseball, basketball).

LineBall

Juniors
Never played rugby league but fail to see how it's any different in that regard to any other sport (I've played soccer, hockey, baseball, basketball).

You've pretty much summed it up right there. Never played a physical contact sport before - yet you think you can appreciate rugby league by watching it, just the same as someone who has played it.

Now before you start - I'm not saying that you have to play rugby league to understand it, love it or have a great knowledge of the game.

But having played the game, does give you a different perspective to someone who has never played it.

firechild

First Grade
You've pretty much summed it up right there. Never played a physical contact sport before - yet you think you can appreciate rugby league by watching it, just the same as someone who has played it.

Now before you start - I'm not saying that you have to play rugby league to understand it, love it or have a great knowledge of the game.

But having played the game, does give you a different perspective to someone who has never played it.

You're an idiot. I'll just leave it at that.

firechild

First Grade
Don't like someone disagreeing with you, eh mate?

I think you'll find it's the other way round. Because I disagreed with you, you claim that it's because I can't appreciate rugby league as a result of me never having played it competitively.