What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Civoniceva send off

Perth Red

Post Whore
it wasn't an over reaction. It was a correct call. the fact its taken till this game to actually make one is the issue!

Paul Hewson

Juniors
If yesterdays incidents didn't happen and he was sent off we would all agree that it was a send off offence. Just because they failed to act on the field yesterday doesn't make it right that they fail to act in tonights game. Petero will find himself out for 1-2 weeks.

skeepe

Immortal
Agree with the comments here.

Ignore everything else and look at the hit on its merits. On the basis of the hit, and the hit alone, it is a clear send off offence. The fact that other referees have not had the balls to make the correct decision when they've been faced with clear send offs earlier this year does not make this one any less a send off.

Wayne Pearce in particular has absolutely disgraced himself in the Fox Sports post game show. He has showed a breathtaking lack of knowledge of the laws of rugby league by stating that send offs are reserved for deliberate acts of foul play. Nobody, at least nobody with half a brain, makes a high tackle deliberately.

Ryan Phelan is an idiot too. They are not saying that this is the worst incident we have seen this year, the referees are saying that it was a send off offence and nothing more. And the referees were 100% correct.

I have lost a lot of respect for the Fox Sports team tonight. They have a basic lack of understanding of the rules of the game that they cover, and they are going off half-cocked and besmirching the integrity of the referees by suggesting they are influenced by the media.

Wayne Pearce just outed himself by asking "What constitutes a send off offence?" Well for Wayne, and for everyone else asking the same question, here you go:

A player is guilty of misconduct under Section 15.1 of the Laws of the Game if he:

a) Trips, kicks or strikes another player.
b) When effecting or attempting to effect a tackle makes contact with the head or neck of an opponent intentionally, recklessly or carelessly
c) Drops knees first on to an opponent who is on the ground
d) Uses any dangerous throw when effecting a tackle
e) Deliberately and continuously breaks the Laws of the Game
f) Uses offensive or obscene language
g) Disputes a decision of the Referee or Touch Judge
h) Re-enters the field of play without the permission of the Referee or Touch Judge having previously temporarily retired from the game.
i) Behaves in any way contrary to the true spirit of the game.
j) Deliberately obstructs an opponent who is not in possession.

Borat.

Juniors
No way in the world it was a send off compared to what we have seen all year. I've seen that type of tackle 100 times this year....
Agreed with Brandy 100%...

What is really gunna piss us off is in week one of the finals someone else will do the same thing and 100% the ref will take the soft option...its on report.....MERKINS

Borat.

Juniors

Ignore everything else and look at the hit on its merits. On the basis of the hit, and the hit alone, it is a clear send off offence. The fact that other referees have not had the balls to make the correct decision when they've been faced with clear send offs earlier this year does not make this one any less a send off.

Wayne Pearce in particular has absolutely disgraced himself in the Fox Sports post game show. He has showed a breathtaking lack of knowledge of the laws of rugby league by stating that send offs are reserved for deliberate acts of foul play. Nobody, at least nobody with half a brain, makes a high tackle deliberately.

Ryan Phelan is an idiot too. They are not saying that this is the worst incident we have seen this year, the referees are saying that it was a send off offence and nothing more. And the referees were 100% correct.

I have lost a lot of respect for the Fox Sports team tonight. They have a basic lack of understanding of the rules of the game that they cover, and they are going off half-cocked and besmirching the integrity of the referees by suggesting they are influenced by the media.

Wayne Pearce just outed himself by asking "What constitutes a send off offence?" Well for Wayne, and for everyone else asking the same question, here you go:

A player is guilty of misconduct under Section 15.1 of the Laws of the Game if he:

b) When effecting or attempting to effect a tackle makes contact with the head or neck of an opponent intentionally, recklessly or carelessly
h) Re-enters the field of play without the permission of the Referee or Touch Judge having previously temporarily retired from the game.

What he said

strider

Post Whore

and where exactly does it say what a send off is? :lol: .... that says misconduct - nearly every one of those happens dozens of times every weekend - we'll be playing alot of 4 on 4 if they send off for all of those :lol:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Ultimately it was the correct call, swinging arm and off. Not Lyons/other ref's fault Archer didn't have the big ones to send Conn or Stewart.

What about the sinbin? Surely 10 in the bin was more worthy then a send-off.. Whats the point of evening having sinbins these days if the refs never use them. The ref's need some serious changes in the off season.

Slackboy72

Coach
Personally I think he should be charged with a careless/reckless tackle charge. Sin Bin him. Hard to say he was intentionally aiming at the head but I can't imagine what else he could have been aiming at.

skeepe

Immortal
What about the sinbin? Surely 10 in the bin was more worthy then a send-off.. Whats the point of evening having sinbins these days if the refs never use them. The ref's need some serious changes in the off season.

The sin bin cannot be used for cases of misconduct. It is only available for professional fouls and dissent.

Big Mick

Referee
Thats it.....its all a result of yesterday.
Refs yet again disgraceful tonite, every single Penrith point off a soft penalty or refs errors

LOL Tigers fans whinging about ref's. Only about 8 games this year they've got you over the line.

Big Mick

Referee
He deserved to be sent off.

But if he gets more than 2 weeks its a joke.

He has never done anything wrong in his career...it was a mistake...and that's that.

2 weeks sufficient if that.

lsta5838

Juniors
I am a Panthers fan, but, after watching a few replay's, I think Warburton (from memory) fell about 20cm, a split second before contact. So, it really could have hit him around the chest, not flush on the chin.

Really no intent there, but yes, it was a forceful smack on the chops.

I think Stewart's elbow was worse yesterday, and cannot beleive some people say there was no intent, he knew what he was doing.

Given Petero was sent, he should only get 30-40% of what Stewart gets in my opinion.

Hopefully only a week as I want him for our home final!

He deserved to be sent off.

But if he gets more than 2 weeks its a joke.

He has never done anything wrong in his career...it was a mistake...and that's that.

2 weeks sufficient if that.

Yeah I dunno about that. If a player gets rightfully sent off, he deserves to be suspended in accordance with what he's done. A send off offence should garner more than a 2 week suspension.