What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clean out under way?

N.C.

Juniors
2009 - the clean-out has begun.

Confirmed gone for 2010 - MacDonnell, Morris, Tagive, Collis - have I forgotten anyone?

Who will be next? Or does that free up enough cap space to sign a few more nobodies on to 12 month contracts, before we hit the market for 2011?

The next couple of months will be fun to watch.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
I'll believe its a true cleanout if Halatau goes. I have heard that WT are genuinely negotiating to retain him. Rumours have Halatau and Trimarchi sounding out South Sydney. Heard nothing about Paynes future either.

A big millstone around WT neck is Gibbs- he remains on a long term contract, earning good contract money and not living up to expectations.

Bench
If they let Collis go,Halatau must be next,then Trimarchie,Dunley also,because they don't use them.

D

Deleted member 10972

I'd be looking at blooding Hyland, the Schirnack brothers, Dwyer, Fifita and Ayshford as long term players, Gibbs and Payten aren't really worth the extra money they are on, and Payne is just garbage.

Reek_Havoc

Juniors
Abit hard on Payto and Halatau......

I reckon Payto is getting better, coming off a long stint off isn't he ? Give him a chance boys. I have no real issue with Halatau. To me makes some pretty good yardage most times he takes it up. I'd be looking more towards Payne, because he has no leg speed, too sluggish and no impact.

Last edited:

Tap Twist Snap

Juniors
2009 - the clean-out has begun.

Confirmed gone for 2010 - MacDonnell, Morris, Tagive, Collis - have I forgotten anyone?

Who will be next? Or does that free up enough cap space to sign a few more nobodies on to 12 month contracts, before we hit the market for 2011?

The next couple of months will be fun to watch.

Shame about Tagive as I think he will come good. The other 3 should have had the tap on the shoulder a while ago. While we have got rid of 3 duds it's all about the players we bring in now to replace them. Not confident the club can bring in the quality of player we need.

gurstar

Juniors
i wonder how much cash we have freed up with these players moving on ?
MacDonnell 130k Morris 250k Tagive80k Collis 180k this is my guess
also whats the word with payne is he going as well

recruitment for 2010 ?

ucantseeme

Juniors
Chris Heighnington has had a quiet year. He is the Mark O'Neill of the team this season. Hard worker who does all the 1% stuff that others don't but no real impact.

Forth & Clyde

Juniors
i wonder how much cash we have freed up with these players moving on ?
MacDonnell 130k Morris 250k Tagive80k Collis 180k this is my guess
also whats the word with payne is he going as well

recruitment for 2010 ?

Mate Collis has to be on more than 180k... He played for City 2 years ago. He probably got an upgrade.

Juniors
Abit hard on Payto and Halatau......

I reckon Payto is getting better, coming off a long stint off isn't he ? Give him a chance boys. I have no real issue with Halatau. To me makes some pretty good yardage most times he takes it up.

Champ, i cant recall a single one of his apparant yardage making runs leading to a try, however i can recall him missing a hole heap of tackles which did lead to tries, to the other team.

I believe he has a serious attitude problem. He has the size and strength to make effective 1 on 1 tackles as well as tackle busts, he's proven that in 2005. Now he looks like a clone of Benji in defence. Benji has never known how to tackle, whats Halatau's excuse????

As for Payton, he has possibly the largest legs in the NRL with just enough leg drive to push over a 12 year old girl. Once again an attitude problem.

Effort goes a long way. Ellis is'nt having a great year because he is the most skilled bacrower.....

Champ, i cant recall a single one of his apparant yardage making runs leading to a try, however i can recall him missing a hole heap of tackles which did lead to tries, to the other team.

I believe he has a serious attitude problem. He has the size and strength to make effective 1 on 1 tackles as well as tackle busts, he's proven that in 2005. Now he looks like a clone of Benji in defence. Benji has never known how to tackle, whats Halatau's excuse????

As for Payton, he has possibly the largest legs in the NRL with just enough leg drive to push over a 12 year old girl. Once again an attitude problem.

Effort goes a long way. Ellis is'nt having a great year because he is the most skilled bacrower.....

You are a bad judge in my opinion.

mightydragon

Juniors
I think Ellis has had a solid season. If there were a couple more of him they would be going alot better. The real clean out won't be complete until Sheens, Simmons and McDonnell go.

Juniors
You are a bad judge in my opinion.

NO, im a serious fan who spends time and money supporting my team. To make an effort to go to the games and watch our players (not all but most) with a "im only here because i have to be" attitude is disgusting. There is no doubt that we have enough talent to be in the top 4, easy.

I was just directly replying to your comment, Payton & Halatau are 2 of most players in our team with the same problem. And while i have previously been the single biggest fan of Tim Sheens, his attitude and loyalty to his players is a major contributor.

A little trivia for u,

"Who was the last fully fit Tigers Player to be dropped because of a lack of form or effort"?????

BOTTOM LINE IS A VERY SIMPLE ONE. WE MAKE AN EFFORT TO SUPPORT OUR TEAM. WE PAY MONEY TO GET TO THE GAME, GET INTO THE GAME, BUY MERCHANDISE ETC ETC ETC. THEY GET PAID A S#@T LOAD OF MONEY TO PLAY FOOTY. WE ARE PRETTY MUCH PAYING THEIR WAGES. TAKE THE FANS OUT AND THE TEAM WILL NOT EXIST. A LITTLE EFFORT IS NOT ASKING FOR TOO MUCH.

Reek_Havoc

Juniors
"Who was the last fully fit Tigers Player to be dropped because of a lack of form or effort"?????

That's one major thing that peaces me off about Sheens. He never drops players. That's why the team has been going so badly over the last couple of years.

Let's just have another look at Payto and Halatau this week and see how they go. I just reckon they are not going all that bad.

Juniors
I think you've misread the comment.

My Bad. i did misread comment as did Bubbles.

Ellis is having an awesome year, what i meant is Ellis is having a good year because of effort, not an abundance of skill.

i think i confused myself with the is'nt as an opposite instead of the is as it is. LOL

N.C.

Juniors
How anyone can be singing Halatau's praises at the moment is beyond me. He's got nothing. He might have made a good centre or lock if he'd been given a good run of games in either position... But he's had the curse of versatility to compromise his abilities, as well as the fact that we've often had better options for each of those positions. I think it's too late for him at the Tigers. He might find some form at another club if he's given a specific job to focus on.

Payten is a good, solid forward, but he seems to be under the impression that we're interested in him for his ability to catch and pass... Maybe he should learn how to offload instead? I think this is a coaching issue. He needs to be given a more appropriate job on the paddock. Catch the ball, run hard, offload. No more dancing please.

My Bad. i did misread comment as did Bubbles.

Ellis is having an awesome year, what i meant is Ellis is having a good year because of effort, not an abundance of skill.

i think i confused myself with the is'nt as an opposite instead of the is as it is. LOL

Fair enough, My thoughts were that in a pretty bad year for us Ellis and Tuiaki are definitely standouts.