What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cleanout

TYGA

Juniors
Farah is a ball player in my view will bring along Brooks, Moses, Teddy. Blair should be the one however, too quiet an individual.

TYGA

Juniors
I would keep him at least another year he has talent as a front rower just has slowed down.
We have Woods, Galloway, Ava, Taupau, Lodge that can play. I think we need at least 1st grade level props.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Any news on the shopping around of the 6 players tapped on the shoulder on 4 September?

Jack Buchanan - Backrow- currently signed till end of 2015
Kurtis Rowe- fullback- currently signed till end of 2015
Nathan Brown- prop- currently signed till end of 2016
Joel Luani- hooker- currently signed till end of 2015
Tim Moltzen- utility- currently signed till end of 2015

and unknown player- POSSIBLY
Blake Austin- utility- currently signed till end of 2015, or possibility
Chris Lawrence- centre- currently signed till end of 2016, or possibly
Adam BLair- backrow- till end of 2015

I hope they can pick up a contract elsewhere, but really hope we font see them in WT colours again (except for Austin but I think he will go to Canberra)

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Blair and Lawrence won't go anywhere
Brown was apparently getting interest from the Dragons
I doubt the others will get looked at, I dare say they'll be here til their contracts run out

TrigaTheTiger

Juniors
There is bugger all out there now. The only decent unsigned players are playing finals footy and are waiting for their seasons to end before they re-up.

We are left in a very interesting position.

We are clearing out ALL the coaches.

The new head coach will come in to a roster pretty much the same as we started the year with, which provided decent results. With a good off season he has NO excuse.

We have a lot of players off contract at the end of 2015, which is also good.

No sense in letting anyone go now, because there is no one left off contract!

Its nice and quaint to say our juniors will get us there, but the reality is we need to buy some players. Lets see how the off contract in 2015 contingent go and clear out next year.

As an aside there is a stack of crap about teams that buy in their players, Melb and Roosters come to mind - they always figure in the finals though dont they....

Juniors are good - and needed, but we need to supplement with prudent buys in key areas.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Unfortunately I think the next 2 seasons are going to be bad for us.

2015 season- coaching staff settling in, players unsettled, few coming off contract, rumblings over future, etc.

2016 season- squad cleanout happening for new coach wishes, some new signings, squad again unsettled.

2017 season- maybe prospect of final 8.

I hope it may be different but however I slice the probale events I dont see stability, I dont see leadership & experience, I dont see 'game smarts' for some time to come.

glockers

Juniors
Couple of experienced forwards who are available:

Ben Hannant, Glenn Hall, Fuifui Moimoi, Joseph Paulo, Willie Mason, Chris Houston, Ben Lowe, Joe Picker, Bryce Gibbs, George Rose.